Author Topic: The great debate: over vs. under  (Read 920 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
The great debate: over vs. under
« on: July 05, 2011, 11:13:18 AM »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

Re: The great debate: over vs. under
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 12:00:01 PM »

Read an article more than a decade ago that stated men prefer over because it is  accommodating and women prefer under because it is more aesthetically appealing. 

Actually, why is one of the great mysteries of life's unknown's between men and women and to claim that knowledge is to claim knowledge why the opposite sex does anything.  As for as the stated preferences, it is so.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 12:04:00 PM »
LOL, yeah I think Charmin or one of those brands did a big promo about this on their website a few years ago. I've always been in the "under" minority.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 12:36:08 PM »
Under. For me it's always been a practical matter. It's easier to get a good angle on tearing the perforation when pulling forward and up against the weight of the roll. Not that it's difficult to tear at the perforation by pulling down and away... but that's how my mind works. Given a choice between two things, I'll find a reason that makes sense to me why one is better and stick with it, even if the difference is nominal and inconsequential.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 02:23:29 PM »
Over here. When I'm in a bind, I don't want to hunt for the end.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 05:43:15 PM »
Consider paper towels that have a printed pattern.  If you hang it over, you can see the pattern; if you hang it under, you can't.

Q.E.D.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 08:33:19 PM »
I must be odd, I just don't think about it...however it rests in my hand when I pull it out of the wrapper it goes on....

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 03:59:37 AM »
If it's  "over" then I think the last user should neatly fold the corners of the next square just like they do in your finer hotels . Remember ... When takin' a dump ... Neatness counts !

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 06:49:40 AM »
I only have one standard - If you don't want people to do it in your bathroom, don't do it in mine!  Common sense rules, so pick up after yourself and for crying out loud keep it in the bowl!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.