Author Topic: Taking "Stolen Valor" To The Extreme: World's Greatest BS Artist  (Read 2222 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
I hope that the "Stolen Valor" Act is ultimately declared constitutional so that miscreants such as Jeff "Rock" Harris can be properly punished for being a lying a$$hole.

I found this in the "headlines" at HotAir.

First read the entry at Blackfive.

Then read the article from the Fayetteville Observer that chronicles the ridiculous military career of "Rock."

Some quotes:

In a bloody scene in the middle of the [Blackhawk Down] movie, a young soldier's leg is blown off, opening his femoral artery. In pain and bleeding heavily, the young man's strained face relaxes and he dies.

"That would have been me," Harris said. "I got shot, and cut my femoral artery, but we got out the next morning. I lived, but that wouldn't have been as good of a story line."

Though Harris still has both legs, he sustained a scar on his leg after a bullet punctured his shin, traveled up his leg, cut his artery and hit his spine, earning him his third Purple Heart, and almost ending his mobility.

"(The bullet is) still in my spine - it's still in my lower back," Harris said. "I wasn't supposed to walk again. I was paralyzed for almost 20 months."

Cut a major artery and survive for ten or twelve hours until you can get evacuated? Sure. Happens all the time.

Doctors have no idea how his damaged nerves regenerated since its never happened before or since.

"I have 316 confirmed kills as a sniper, and that's only in that last three years I was in the Army," Harris said. "Every one of those horrifies me regularly because they were somebody's children, somebody's husband or father."

He still feels conflicted about what he had to do, but in the end, he knew it was his duty as a sworn soldier.

"They're bad people and they've done bad things, but who am I to take that away from them?" he asked. "But it was my job to do. Lives were safer because of that - but it's never easy."

Read the Blackfive post to understand just how ridiculous it is to claim 316 confirmed kills (and that's only in the last three years!). But it's also nice to know that the world's greatest sniper is "conflicted" and has feelings for his victims. I have goosebumps.

Harris is especially lucky after having several medical scares, including having prostate cancer four times in the past six years and a brain tumor.

Harris, who is in remission from cancer, said he doesn't mind talking about his past illnesses, but he doesn't publicize it because of the way people treat him after finding out.

"They look at you like you're already dead. ... My overall personality is doing for other people rather than myself," Harris said. "That's part of my military (background). That's the thing that it teaches you. You don't want to be a hero, you don't want to get credit all the time. A lot of people know me, and a lot of people know where I come from, but a lot of people don't know my whole story, because I don't advertise that."

Apparently he decided not to tell the story of how he raised himself from the dead at least three, maybe even four, times because that would be bragging.

Seriously...why stop with a garden variety brain tumor?

Why not claim to have survived The Plague? Or Sarin gas? "Those rat bastards made me drink a gallon of cyanide but I didn't let that stop me, no way!"

Or a decapitation? "I just had to put my head back on my neck and spontaneously regenerate my spinal cord because, gosh darn it, my country needed me!"
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 11:52:08 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: Taking "Stolen Valor" To The Extreme: World's Greatest BS Artist
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 11:55:09 PM »
The article in the Fayetteville Observer finishes up with this little gem:

"I don't pass a soldier without saying 'thank you,' " he said. "I don't tell them who I am. I just tell him 'thank you.' "

Every military holiday, Harris remembers and recognizes the soldiers who fought by his side, especially the 64 in his units who lost their lives.

"I will always, as long as I'm able to, recognize those guys first," he said. "I don't have problems talking about the stuff I've experienced. I think it's good therapy for me."

He needs therapy, all right. I'd start him off on EST for, say, about ten years.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 12:15:47 AM »
Seriously...why stop with a garden variety brain tumor?

Why not claim to have survived The Plague? Or Sarin gas? "Those rat bastards made me drink a gallon of cyanide but I didn't let that stop me, no way!"

"They turned me into a newt!"

(I got better! ;-)

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 04:48:15 AM »
I guess he must have figured that claiming a CMH would be "stretching things" a bit .  ::hysterical::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 06:41:05 AM »
Has Jean Effing Kerry weighed in on this debate?  He has such high moral standing ya know...

/
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.