Author Topic: New Tennessee law  (Read 4544 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: New Tennessee law
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2011, 01:27:58 PM »
The original intent of the Founders was to preserve the rights of Englishmen and not start a new republic. It ended up being that ---which as history has taught us --what is intended is often not what occurs.

I respectfully disagree. Our revolution and Constitution didn't just "happen" and they were not the unintended consequence of a quest to preserve the rights of Englishmen.  
They were the result of  a long and  thoughtful deliberation and a decision to "quit" the old nation and start a new one.  That was the point of the Declaration of Independence and the reason that its passage was so controversial and difficult - it was an agreement to change the goal - to make the objective the creation of a free and independant State based on the prinicples of Limited Government, Government by Consent, and inalienable rights, and to give up on a peaceful/political solution in which the political system and existing loyalties were preserved.   The conclusion that this was the path that must be taken, and that the costs were worth paying  came sooner to some than to others. Many have remarked on how miraculous those events were, and I think it is sheer Hubris to expect a repeat of them, though God willing, I certainly pray for it. .  

It depends entirely upon where on the history timeline one places a marker. Our founders didn't just up and decide it was time for a new independent government. They suffered a long train of abuses and usurpations before there was an inkling of consensus upon a new nation. They were just men before they were "founders". At a point in time before they decided to band together and declare independence from the King and an intent to form a new nation, they just were just men who wanted the King to stop trampling their rights, dignity, and English common law.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

RickZ

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2011, 01:44:25 PM »
It depends entirely upon where on the history timeline one places a marker. Our founders didn't just up and decide it was time for a new independent government. They suffered a long train of abuses and usurpations before there was an inkling of consensus upon a new nation. They were just men before they were "founders". At a point in time before they decided to band together and declare independence from the King and an intent to form a new nation, they just were just men who wanted the King to stop trampling their rights, dignity, and English common law.

True.  John Adams successfully defended the six Boston Massacre lobsterbacks on trial for murder, and was vilified for doing so, even though he viewed his trial work as "one of the most gallant, generous, manly and disinterested Actions of my whole Life, and one of the best Pieces of Service I ever rendered my Country."

But it must be said, the colonials didn't like paying taxes (wow, now there's a novel concept).  The Crown was taxing the Colonies due to the cost of protecting them from not only all the native Indians roaming about creating havoc, but also protecting them from the French; the cost in using the British Navy to protect American shipping wasn't cheap, either.  I think if the Colonies had been allocated MP's in Parliament, they would not have been able to use that rallying cry, 'No taxation without representation!'  But because the colonials felt they had no say in their governance as they were voiceless in Parliament and the Crown appointed all the Royal Governors, we ended up where we are.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2011, 04:17:15 PM »
Frodo: I can't do this, Sam.
Sam: I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.
 Frodo: What are we holding onto, Sam?
Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2011, 04:21:07 PM »
Frodo: I can't do this, Sam.
Sam: I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.
 Frodo: What are we holding onto, Sam?
Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for.

Well, as long as we're going there...

aragorn's speech (LOTR)
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2011, 01:38:20 AM »

Transitioning back to the overarching gloominess of the thread
comes a video from an arch liberal and Carter cabinet member
talking about the potential for a worsening economic situation
and violent reaction.  Not many libbers allow this perspective to
cross their lips.  (Yes is is also full of libber claptrap)

Zbigniew Brzezinski: We're going to slide into intensified social conflicts (radicalism) July 2011

A Comment:
The elites have a rule: They must tell us what they are going to do before they do it. Brzezinski is one of? these elites, wake up people! As much as I dislike this guy I always listen carefully to what he says. There are layers of information in his speech. He is very intelligent and cunning. Pay close attention everyone, its time to prepare!
~~

It's not a rule it's part of their compulsive disorder.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2011, 01:54:11 AM »
The Left, setting the table.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2011, 06:03:16 AM »
a video from an arch liberal and Carter cabinet member
and violent reaction.  Not many libbers allow this perspective to
cross their lips. 

Oh Woe! Its so unfair that people wo work make money while the people who don't get poorer!

Gotta love how they blame Conservative policies  for  the the growing disparity and coming violence  and then transititon to talking about Europe and the unrest there--- Yeah it was those conservative policies in the Europe that caused the Greek default!
Musket to the Junk for all of them . 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2011, 07:08:03 AM »
a video from an arch liberal and Carter cabinet member
and violent reaction.  Not many libbers allow this perspective to
cross their lips.

Oh Woe! Its so unfair that people wo work make money while the people who don't get poorer!

Gotta love how they blame Conservative policies  for  the the growing disparity and coming violence  and then transititon to talking about Europe and the unrest there--- Yeah it was those conservative policies in the Europe that caused the Greek default!
Musket to the Junk for all of them .  

Being a batsh*t crazy leftist means never having to answer for your insanity, illogic, hyperbole, duplicity, lying, stealing, cheating, hypocrisy...
Well, you the picture...

::)
 :P
 ::gaah::
 ::rockets::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2011, 09:20:14 AM »
... and that stupid smug skank calling the Leftist commie "dad" makes me wanna hurl. I knew she was a Leftist, but I'm ashamed to say I never put 2 and 2 together as far as the last name.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2011, 09:28:22 AM »
... and that stupid smug skank calling the Leftist commie "dad" makes me wanna hurl. I knew she was a Leftist, but I'm ashamed to say I never put 2 and 2 together as far as the last name.

Come on, IDP. You actually thought that "stupid smug (Leftist) skank" got that job based on her talent?

Yo momma raised you smarter than that . . 

(snort)
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2011, 10:10:16 AM »
" .... a sense that this is not a just society ..... this is a society of discrimination."

"The Tea Party is ..... a party that, in effect, argues for the perpetuation of this sort of injustice."

::gaah::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2011, 11:33:20 AM »
Yeah, BS!  That kind of bold face lying makes me really wanna kick the hell out of someone!

::rockethrow::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2011, 12:12:10 PM »
Why didn't he stay in Poland during the glory years under the thumb of Soviet communism?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2011, 12:23:59 PM »
All I hear is BLAH BLAH BLAH over and over again social this and social that ::puke::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2011, 12:32:58 PM »
Why didn't he stay in Poland during the glory years under the thumb of Soviet communism?

Where the real "discrimination" actually existed that he opines against here.  He's become enstupidated and blind to the fact that this country is now run solely for the benefit of Blacks, muslims, "hispanics" and illegals and it's arrogant Whites like him that are responsible.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2011, 08:31:30 PM »
All I hear is BLAH BLAH BLAH over and over again social this and social that ::puke::

Yep. About 3 min was all I could stand without getting violently ill. ::puke::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson