Author Topic: Britain Memorializes Reagan  (Read 937 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Britain Memorializes Reagan
« on: July 04, 2011, 02:04:03 PM »
And, as far as I can tell from this article, the administration has not seen fit to send anyone to represent the USA.

LINK

Former US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will be in London for the unveiling of the memorial, along with British Foreign Secretary William Hague. Baroness Thatcher, Reagan's closest foreign ally and one half of the 'Special Relationship' which came to epitomize the 1980s and contribute to the demise of the Cold War will probably be too frail to attend the ceremony celebrating the man she referred to as "the second most important man in my life."

I hope that O'Bummer does send someone. But if he doesn't, I wonder if these children who run the country realize how petty and immature they appear to everyone else?

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Re: Britain Memorializes Reagan
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 02:08:44 PM »
Ace has more here and there is BBC video from the dedication ceremony.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 10:37:47 AM »
I will always be grateful that I was an adult during his administration and saw him in person once.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 02:47:30 PM »
And now it's a headline:

LINK

Last night's Guildhall dinner in honour of Ronald Reagan's centenary was a truly glittering and warm occasion.

The British roasted lamb and the sunny Californian chardonnay evoked the close Anglo-US relationship of Reagan and Thatcher as much as the fine speeches by Condi Rice and William Hague.

But guests were left asking, where on earth was the American ambassador to London, Louis B Susman?

"Our ambassador should be here," said Lynn de Rothschild, the American entrepreneur who is married to Sir Evelyn de Rothschild and was one of Hillary Clinton's key fundraisers in 2008 as well as a supporter of several Republican presidential candidates. "This was an historic dinner to mark Reagan's centenary and to celebrate him as the man who ended the Cold War. What could not be more important?

Shameful but hardly unexpected from this admin.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 04:50:56 PM »
It is a shame that there is such an abundance of evidence of Obama administration malevolence toward our traditional allies and conservative Americans that the mind automatically assumes that our ambassador to Great Britain skipped the event in order to slight and offend Britain and American conservatives. Unless I am provided an excuse that I believe, nothing would convince me otherwise.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 06:30:50 PM »
I wonder whether the ambassador snubbed the ceremony on his own or if he was ordered to.  I suspect the latter.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 06:34:16 PM »
Shemeless twats!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 06:46:00 PM »
Yeah, shemeless.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 08:34:42 PM »
The Regime is a treasure trove of embarrassments...

::unknowncomic::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 04:01:14 AM »
I wonder how long it will take those stupid kids over there to deface the thing .

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 06:51:58 AM »
I won't take that bet SH, too many hooligans & muzzies over there...

::)

But an enterprising sort would use that bait to deal with such ilk, eh?

::evilbat::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.