Author Topic: Mob attacks in Chicago  (Read 3308 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Mob attacks in Chicago
« on: June 09, 2011, 12:20:54 PM »
CHICAGO (CBS) – Another mob attack has been reported on a CTA train, this time in the Red Line subway in the wee hours Thursday morning.

A 35-year-old Evanston man was on his way to work on a Red Line train at the Chicago Avenue stop around 4:30 a.m., when five suspects attacked him, police said.

<snip>

It was not immediately known if this incident was connected to any other similar robberies in the same area, including the similar incident on the Brown Line Wednesday near the Chicago Avenue/Franklin Street stop. One victim was hospitalized in that attack, in which a wallet and an iPhone were taken.

Also close to the scene, two teenage boys were attacked and severely beaten by a mob of 10 to 20 other teens near Chicago and Wabash avenues around 8:20 p.m. Tuesday evening. Many of the suspects in that incident fled to the same Chicago Avenue Red Line stop.

link

What's not included in this report is the statement by Chicago PD that they will not engage in racial profiling but behavior profiling.  They recommend people pay attention to their surroundings and not be too engrossed in their ipods, etc.

So in other words, it's my fault if black kids attack when I'm listening to my ipod?
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

Re: Mob attacks in Chicago
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 12:27:52 PM »

This flash mob thing is going to go viral.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 12:35:56 PM »
Just call animal control, probably better equiped to handle this than the corrupt CPD!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 11:47:38 PM »
So in other words, it's my fault if black kids attack when I'm listening to my ipod?

Yes.  Sorry.  Situational awareness -- no going to "Condition White".  (Look it up.)  It should be plain by now the police are not going to protect and defend so it's up to the individual.  He/she who doesn't get that today will get victimized.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 05:34:20 AM »
Carry a gun ... Lawful or not ! I've never given a damn about concealed carry laws . If I felt that I needed to ... I carried !

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 06:37:12 AM »
Carry a gun ... Lawful or not ! I've never given a damn about concealed carry laws . If I felt that I needed to ... I carried !

Why SH, you little civil disobedient devil!  ::evil::

;D

;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 12:33:21 PM »
Twitter vs the MOB

sad, just sad

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 04:29:19 PM »
Where's the mayor on this?? ::lalanotlistening::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 09:29:37 AM »
CHICAGO (STMW) - Detectives are still looking for the person who stabbed a man during a videotaped street fight late Saturday in Lake View.

Link to video here

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 09:49:47 AM »
I hate to say this but I don't give a damn what happens there any more. They built it on brick at a time and they got what they wanted. Built on the principals of inclusion and diversity? If that code for a gay area? And were the victims gay by any chance?And by being all in one area does it make them easier to find?

There not much mention in the story.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 10:13:40 AM »
Streaming WLS this morning I can tell you they didn't mention the ethnicity of the mob nor the sexual preferences of the victims (which is why I looked for the vid).  They did say the men who videotaped it were "partners".  I assume they didn't mean in a law firm.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 11:02:46 AM »
Streaming WLS this morning I can tell you they didn't mention the ethnicity of the mob nor the sexual preferences of the victims (which is why I looked for the vid).  They did say the men who videotaped it were "partners".  I assume they didn't mean in a law firm.

Lately the news is in what they don't report.
 Filippo Mazzie