Author Topic: Winegate  (Read 1523 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Winegate
« on: July 11, 2011, 01:14:31 PM »
I was otherwise occupied with family type stuff over the weekend and I only saw this today so perhaps everyone here has already seen it.

LINK

Liberals are seriously stressed (or in this case drunk) if they have to chase down utter BS such as this in an attempt to manufacture a scandal where clearly none exists.

Susan Feinberg, an associate professor of management and global business at Rutgers University, caused a stir in the left-wing blogosphere over the weekend with her account of witnessing House Budget Committee chairman Paul Ryan drinking a glass of $350-a-bottle wine at an upscale restaurant near the Capitol.  (Feinberg, who was at the restaurant, Bistro Bis, with her husband to celebrate her birthday, knew the wine was pricey because she could make out the name on the label and checked it on the wine list.)  Feinberg confronted Ryan, accusing him of hypocrisy for drinking an expensive wine while advocating reduced spending for Medicare and Medicaid.  But she didn't stop there.  Feinberg also suggested Ryan might be guilty of ethics violations, secretly snapped a photo of him and two dinner companions, and then took the "story" to Talking Points Memo, the lefty site which ran a high-profile piece suggesting Ryan might be guilty of some sort of wrongdoing.

Read the whole thing. It's funny.

Feinberg left the restaurant after management intervened.

Translation: "Please, sir, take your drunken whore and leave the premises at once."

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Re: Winegate
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 01:31:58 PM »
Ace responds as only he can.

Drunken Angry Cow Who Yells At Strangers In Public Won't Comment Further On Her Antisocial Behavior
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 01:36:49 PM »
Translation: "Please, sir, take your drunken whore and leave the premises at once."

::hysterical::  ::hysterical::  ::hysterical::

(I 'bout peed myself at that ;-)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 01:38:57 PM »
What can I say? This stuff writes itself.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 01:50:56 PM »

Drunk* is temporary.

Stupid, boorish and homely is forever.

For the morbidly curious here is the LINK to her vanity site.

*Note the red face and nose.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 01:54:59 PM by trapeze »

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 01:58:48 PM »
Ryan strikes me as the kind of person who will be able to handle whatever gets flung his way.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 02:10:44 PM »
Again, Ace just has a way with words. He posts the above pic and the sez:

So, obviously, she's angry about the obvious: God didn't love me enough to make me pretty.

Followed by:

You know what her failing career really needs? More drunk & disorderly behavior at restaurants.

But she's also probably pretty angry that she's an idiot who's not exactly setting the world on fire with the beauty of her brain, either.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 02:16:38 PM by trapeze »

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 02:12:38 PM »

Drunk* is temporary.

Stupid, boorish and homely is forever.

For the morbidly curious here is the LINK to her vanity site.

*Note the red face and nose.

Apparently she's one of those people who thinks exclamation points on her vanity site (and it is a vanity site) makes her more exciting and interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 04:00:32 PM »
Ryan paid for his own meal -- and for one of the bottles from which he had one glass only -- with his money, not his expense account/taxpayer money, so he shared his personal wealth by paying for that which he had not consumed.

Isn't this what the libs are always touting - "sharing the wealth"?

What any of this has to do with Medicaid/Medicare policy is something only a lib with wine-envy can explain; her wine cost only $80.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 04:07:51 PM »

She prolly tips 15% also.

RickZ

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 04:52:43 PM »

She prolly tips 15% also.

I betcha it's less, but she means well.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 05:36:10 PM »
"Please, sir, take your drunken whore and leave the premises at once."

Somebody clever with this here 'puter stuff ought to put that into a video re-enactment!

::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.