Author Topic: The O'Bama Depression Thread  (Read 73209 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: The O'Bama Depression Thread
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2011, 07:39:35 PM »
I say "it is what it is" a lot - whenever I am discussing situations that are what they are.

::thinking:: ::exitstageleft::

::throwinguphands::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2011, 07:40:04 PM »
I'm annoyed by lazy language in general. One of my most frequent peeves is "My bad."

THAT makes my best friend go nukular.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2011, 08:00:36 PM »
I say "it is what it is" a lot - whenever I am discussing situations that are what they are.

::thinking:: ::exitstageleft::

Thank you!! ;D
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2011, 08:04:20 PM »
My bro is fed up, can't take it anymore and it is not shy to, literally, call dems stupid. As he calls it, "spreads the love" on our fishing trips at every opportunity.....Gas station, ramp, motel...if he gets the opportunity to take a shot, he does.

I have a brother like that too. Actually, it's kinda sobering but in my family I'm considered the thoughtful son  ;D

Say what?? ::saywhat::
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2011, 06:59:22 AM »
My proclivity toward smartassness and relative my inability to keep my mouth shut often hit people with blunt force.  And keeping my temper under control has always been a challenge.  Picking my battles, especially with this bunch running ruining things, tests me to the limit, but I get my fair share of shots in.  Dumbfounded stares and frightened looks are routine.  For friends of friends or friends of family, encountering my bluntness can be painful.  I will be tested this weekend no doubt with my niece/Godchild getting married.  An open bar could remove all filters.  What are the odds somebody will say something stupid and set me off?

As far as that flare goes, seems like I've been waiting an eternity...

Ah, Libertas; you don't want to be the ruination of the Goddaughter's wedding.  Put someone else in charge of your mouth for the duration; you'll be glad you did.  Gunsmith can be counted on to run interference for mine in the most delicate of situations.  ::laughonfloor::   Otherwise, he'll just stand by and let 'er rip.

::hysterical::

Many have tried, few have succeeded!

I promise I won't be the ruination of the wedding.  If I could make it through my Nephew's wedding without strangling anybody on her libtard side of the family I should be OK here.  I think in that last wedding prey senses when the predator is near and wisely laid low.

But my clan knows I'll behave myself unless/until someone says something really dumb.  And they'll know I'll only start with a gentle teasing to let the other person know I'm probing and if they dare enter the trap of their own free will then may God have mercy on their soul!  If I am not too agitated yet all they have to do is say "Let me get you another drink" and lead me to the bar...

And knowing me as they do I think they know better than to screw up the seating arrangements by placing me next to known morons.  Most likely I'll be seated with the old folks, that way even if I say anything nobody will hear it anyway...

But to ease your mind I'll try to be more detached.  Sometimes it is better to say nothing at all.  And who knows?  Maybe somebody else can pick up my slack and all I have to do is chuckle!

;)

PS for Trap - Sorry about the thread-jacking!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2011, 07:22:48 AM »
PS-They sat me with my sister and her family (basically the kiddie table)!   ;D

And the Groom's family is German and likes beer!   ::beertoast::

Everything went smoothly and there wasn't a hint of politics mentioned all night, well, not with people I didn't already know were like me anyway.  ::thumbsup::

Happy couple is off to the Caribbean for a week of fun, sun & serf!   ::whoohoo::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2011, 10:20:22 AM »

Good show  ::thumbsup::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2011, 11:27:14 AM »
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2011, 01:28:30 PM »

Everything went smoothly and there wasn't a hint of politics mentioned all night, well, not with people I didn't already know were like me anyway.  ::thumbsup::

Happy couple is off to the Caribbean for a week of fun, sun & serf!   ::whoohoo::

Are they going to take turns serfing or will that be his permanent position?    ::rolllaughing::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2011, 01:35:46 PM »

::hammer::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2011, 02:52:46 PM »

Are they going to take turns serfing or will that be his permanent position?    ::rolllaughing::

Heh, no.  My niece will not be able to run roughshod over him like like the wife of my nephew does.  She's already tried a small bit of that and he wasn't having anything to do with it.  He's more responsible, logical, structured to her easy-going devil may care nature so they've already learned how to compleiment one another, but that didn't stop her from testing the boundaries.  Having done so she still digs him.  He is a likeable fella and seems to be able to resolve things easily.

Did I mention he likes beer?

::beertoast::

;D

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2011, 03:14:33 PM »
Yes, you mentioned he likes beer.   ;D

I'm happy you had a good time and they had a good wedding reception.  I wish them good fortune.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2011, 03:46:04 PM »
Yes, you mentioned he likes beer.   ;D

I'm happy you had a good time and they had a good wedding reception.  I wish them good fortune.

I'm happy nobody gave him cause to trash the place. ::praying:: ::hysterical::
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2011, 06:02:02 PM »
Did I mention he likes beer?

::beertoast::

;D

But does he like beer?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2011, 08:38:30 PM »
Borders Books (10K+ employees) is officially dead. Partly a casualty of the e-book revolution but mainly a victim of the wonders of O'Bamanomics.

LINK

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2011, 08:40:54 PM »
Current national average gasoline price per gallon is $4.22

One year ago it was $2.88

LINK
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2011, 09:33:34 PM »
Mark Levin said it again tonight:  we're in a depression.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2011, 05:09:41 AM »
Mark Levin said it again tonight:  we're in a depression.

I hate to say this but by the looks of things ( negative polling on Repub. handling of Debt Crisis , continued pro-Stymie message from left media , etc. ) we will need some devastating hits to the economy before that Aborigine is kicked out of the White House .

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2011, 06:09:54 AM »
The poll is of 810 adults, not registered or likely voters. The sample is 25% Republican; 35% Democrats and 41% Independent (for comparison the vote in the 2010 Congressional elections were: 35% Democrat; 35% Republican and 29% Independent)

There is only one question asked: "Do you approve or disapprove of the way Republicans [Democrats] in Congress [or Obama] are handling the current negotiations on the debt ceiling?" There are no follow up questions regarding various proposals for spending cuts or tax increases.

Not surprisingly, therefore, 51% of the Republicans in the sample say they disapprove of the Republicans in Congress, as many Republicans are uncertain if their members of Congress will cave in as they have in the past and they are given no alternative yes or no question.

When Democrats are asked the same question of their party in Congress, 56% approve and only 32% disapprove.

The swing constituents in the poll are the so-called independents, who are invariably in the sample of any major poll skewed to the left, disapprove of the Republicans in Congress by 73%, to 17% approval but still disapprove of the Democrats by 66% to 23%.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/07/misreading_the_new_cbs_poll.html

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2011, 06:56:20 AM »
The poll is of 810 adults, not registered or likely voters. The sample is 25% Republican; 35% Democrats and 41% Independent (for comparison the vote in the 2010 Congressional elections were: 35% Democrat; 35% Republican and 29% Independent)

There is only one question asked: "Do you approve or disapprove of the way Republicans [Democrats] in Congress [or Obama] are handling the current negotiations on the debt ceiling?" There are no follow up questions regarding various proposals for spending cuts or tax increases.

Not surprisingly, therefore, 51% of the Republicans in the sample say they disapprove of the Republicans in Congress, as many Republicans are uncertain if their members of Congress will cave in as they have in the past and they are given no alternative yes or no question.

When Democrats are asked the same question of their party in Congress, 56% approve and only 32% disapprove.

The swing constituents in the poll are the so-called independents, who are invariably in the sample of any major poll skewed to the left, disapprove of the Republicans in Congress by 73%, to 17% approval but still disapprove of the Democrats by 66% to 23%.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/07/misreading_the_new_cbs_poll.html

I want a beer!

Mostly because I hate wasting beer if I am going to hit an idiot over the head with the bottle!

::rockethrow::