Author Topic: The O'Bama Depression Thread  (Read 73539 times)

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Re: The O'Bama Depression Thread
« Reply #460 on: June 16, 2013, 12:41:49 PM »
size=9pt]http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/14/white-house-defends-high-bills-africa-trip/[/size]  ...up to $100 million, ... “great bang for our buck.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obamas-trip-to-africa-poses-special-challenges-enormous-costs/2013/06/13/29d9270a-cd29-11e2-8845-d970ccb04497_story.html
...Update: The White House has cancelled the safari for this trip.

Rats!, I was praying he'd drive over a anti-tank mine.

Is there any remote possibility that a hippo would mistake Michelle for a mate and get them both? How about an angry water buffalo?
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #461 on: June 16, 2013, 03:55:17 PM »
You just know it won't be elephants  ::laughonfloor::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #462 on: June 16, 2013, 07:35:18 PM »
I'd root for a ravenous lion attack.  Bummer, disappointed again.  You'd think I'd be used to it by now?!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #463 on: August 08, 2013, 07:16:41 AM »
This is sad.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-08-07/employers-show-strong-distaste-3-million-long-term-unemployed

And the prime contributor to all of this crap is Obamanomics and the appeasers in the GOP who chose not to fight on any hill!   ::cussing::   ::angry::   ::outrage::   ::gaah::

Is LV about?  Has your husband found any work?  I think about the good people impacted by these progressives and I want to throttle them.  The ones that deserve misery never seem to get it.

::gaah::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #464 on: August 08, 2013, 05:11:14 PM »
This is sad.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-08-07/employers-show-strong-distaste-3-million-long-term-unemployed

And the prime contributor to all of this crap is Obamanomics and the appeasers in the GOP who chose not to fight on any hill!   ::cussing::   ::angry::   ::outrage::   ::gaah::

Is LV about?  Has your husband found any work?  I think about the good people impacted by these progressives and I want to throttle them.  The ones that deserve misery never seem to get it.

::gaah::

Nope on the job.  He's interviewed plenty.  But it's clear that employers aren't in any hurry -- many of them seem to be in a holding pattern.  Several have said let us know before you accept any other offer because we may be interested in countering.  Some of these positions have been open for awhile. (Trust me it's not him or his interviewing skills. 5-10 years ago and every place he's interviewed would have made an offer.)

Then there are the places that are so picky they're not hiring anyone because no one has ALL the qualifications they claim they want.  He's also run across employers requesting qualifications that have nothing to do with the job. (He's been in the industry for 25 years and knows it well.) He came home frustrated one day because of a job interview at a big company that he was interested in and would be great at the particular job.  His potential boss was looking for a skill set that would not be what is needed for that particular job.  (She is a lib that's been in the biz pages & running a big company and she doesn't even know what the heck she's doing but she gets the positive press.)
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #465 on: August 08, 2013, 06:19:02 PM »
Most employers I talk to would be ecstatic with someone who would actually work.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #466 on: August 08, 2013, 06:37:19 PM »
Corporate America adjusted to the hand dealt them. They have figured out how to turn a profit during these overregulated, overbearing times. If the landscape ever changes and it makes sense to hire, corp America will.

As far as libs go, my dad calls it emotion driven logic. He believes ( so do I) those driven by their emotions will never understand Corp America and are easily led. It's greed if they are hiring and turning a profit or greed if they are not hiring,,,,, but turning the same profit. They will never understand a free market is neither racist, bigoted or homophobic.

There is a breed of stupid people today.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #467 on: August 08, 2013, 07:22:08 PM »
racist, bigoted or homophobic are synonyms for "A person who won't give me what I want, when I want it at no cost"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #468 on: August 08, 2013, 09:39:51 PM »

There is a breed of stupid people today.

they're like tribbles

they're everywhere and they're no longer cute
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #469 on: August 09, 2013, 07:28:27 AM »
I don't expect ObamaCare fears are doing much to alleviate the holding pattern...and we've already seen many industries shift in a big way away from FT to PT staffing, and OCrap will only accelerate that trend and have it spill into all industries.  And the biggest loser will be the taxpaying middle class.  Middle class!  What a joke!  That term is such a useless cliche now!  It is merely a nebulous non-entity politicos pander to with one hand while the left hand of the damned is raping every taxpayer for whatever they can get!  There is a breaking point coming.  Look at Greece, their unemplyment and debt:GDP numbers are horrific, the latter is getting ugly for us, and the former is being gamed by the government...eventually they will no longer be able to hide the jobless masses...revolution, chaos, collapse...these are the sure long term bets.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #470 on: August 09, 2013, 11:41:22 AM »

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #471 on: August 09, 2013, 03:36:53 PM »
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #472 on: August 14, 2013, 07:07:06 AM »
Check this out - http://www.myfoxny.com/story/23093753/man-lives-in-brooklyn-dumpster

Obama Homes!

Don't laugh....dude probably gets a subsidy.

Probably right.  Dependency is the only real growth industry in Obamanomics.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-08-13/21-facts-about-americas-surging-government-dependence

Of course, only more dependency can save us, that's the progressive way...FORWARD!

::falldownshocked::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #473 on: August 18, 2013, 10:45:31 PM »
I click on this thread every time it indicates a new post ,hoping THIS will be the time he's really depressed and has been committed.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #474 on: August 19, 2013, 02:22:36 AM »
LOL.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #475 on: August 19, 2013, 07:11:15 AM »
Sorry LV, we all share (too!) many disappointments.

In other news...more evidence that the statist goal of making everyones life a living Hell continues...

Middle Class Takedown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #476 on: August 21, 2013, 11:51:49 AM »
Forward!

United Parcel Service Inc. plans to remove thousands of spouses from its medical plan because they are eligible for coverage elsewhere. The Atlanta-based logistics company points to the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare, as a big reason for the decision, reports Kaiser Health News.

According to Kaiser, UPS told white-collar workers two months ago that 15,000 working spouses eligible for coverage by their own employers would be excluded from the UPS plan in 2014.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/08/ups-to-drop-15000-spouses-from-insurance-plan-due-to-obamacare/

Winning!

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #477 on: August 21, 2013, 12:42:47 PM »
Forward!

United Parcel Service Inc. plans to remove thousands of spouses from its medical plan because they are eligible for coverage elsewhere. The Atlanta-based logistics company points to the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare, as a big reason for the decision, reports Kaiser Health News.

According to Kaiser, UPS told white-collar workers two months ago that 15,000 working spouses eligible for coverage by their own employers would be excluded from the UPS plan in 2014.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/08/ups-to-drop-15000-spouses-from-insurance-plan-due-to-obamacare/

Winning!

Only under their interpretation.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #478 on: August 21, 2013, 10:01:45 PM »
And hey, as long as we are talking about incredibly horrible (although very predictable) economic news...

Gallup has the unemployment rate at almost 9%, an 18 month high that has happened during the last 3 weeks. Oh, and the sample size is 30K.

Yippee.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #479 on: August 21, 2013, 11:56:10 PM »
If this all goes where it looks like it's going, I'll never forgive anyone I know as a Democrat voter. Irredeemable wastes of skin and perfectly good air.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson