Author Topic: The O'Bama Depression Thread  (Read 73917 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: The O'Bama Depression Thread
« Reply #480 on: August 22, 2013, 01:49:06 AM »
I was watching "Doomsday Preppers" and it seems that more and more of the people they feature (who they always portray as kooks) are preparing for economic collapse rather than the more bizarre (and unlikely) phenomenons such as comets and super volcanos.

At the end of each segment they pronounce their judgement on "The Odds" of whatever catastrophe mentioned would have coming to pass. It's funny because they never actually provide "odds" which would be a mathematical ratio. Instead, they always say that there is a next to nothing chance of whatever it is occurring. (This is irritating for me, as a poker player, because chances and odds are subtly different.) 

When the scenario discussed by the prepper is economic collapse the narrator always says that "leading economists" believe that despite our recent economic trouble and the problems in Europe, there is very little chance of it happening. And, of course, anyone who has been paying attention knows that the "leading economists" never saw the current situation coming, either...hence the extremely overused word, "unexpected" in the economic news stories of the last four years.  That makes their confident arrogant dismissal of "economic collapse" as a very real possibility (we would say "eventuality") either stupid or ignorant.

As for any notion regarding the forgiveness of Democrats...I don't think that you will have much opportunity one way or the other. As evidenced by the voting stats, most Democrats are concentrated in the dense urban areas, the places least likely to do very well at all in a collapse. They will quite literally kill each other off in a panic/riot situation and therefore be completely beyond any opportunity for you or I to forgive or not forgive.

As an aside, you should probably have some kind of an escape plan in place to get out of your area and into a safer one.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #481 on: August 22, 2013, 05:31:17 AM »
And hey, as long as we are talking about incredibly horrible (although very predictable) economic news...

Gallup has the unemployment rate at almost 9%, an 18 month high that has happened during the last 3 weeks. Oh, and the sample size is 30K.

Yippee.
Just in time to get the head Nigga past an election cycle. ::gaah::
"Help me Obi-wan, you're my only hope" Definitely falied to get the message out about the deathstar....Obamadontcare.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #482 on: August 22, 2013, 07:39:06 AM »

As for any notion regarding the forgiveness of Democrats...I don't think that you will have much opportunity one way or the other. As evidenced by the voting stats, most Democrats are concentrated in the dense urban areas, the places least likely to do very well at all in a collapse. They will quite literally kill each other off in a panic/riot situation and therefore be completely beyond any opportunity for you or I to forgive or not forgive.

As an aside, you should probably have some kind of an escape plan in place to get out of your area and into a safer one.

If something isn't done to prevent it (like a military checkpoint) , you will certainly get refugees and marauding gangs outside the city kill zones - especially after the riots have left their homes burning cinders.  If the collapse is sudden, there will be more panic and destruction than if we get a long slow and gradual slide into the 3rd world as the dollar is just used less and less overseas. We only get a panic if there is a large amount of rapid dumping - and that really is unlikely to benefit anyone. If it does happen, it will be the result of a deliberate attack from China.

But Yeah, the Cities are all going to look like Detroit. The gangs will start blocking off Highways and exit ramps and looting those who come down them, and that will keep them moving further into the burbs. No folks won't be safe going to work and economic activity will slow further. Police won't get paid, or will simply go home to protect their own. If the govt attempts actual  widespread martial law in response,  I think you will start to see secessions and  potentially a civil war, and in which cities fare even less well- as critical infrastructure is sabotaged.  The Kill Circles grow.  You definitely need to have a plan to get out of a city when this starts. I think you will have time , and there won't be a mass exodus, but you will need to get out. It will simply be too dangerous. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #483 on: August 22, 2013, 10:39:02 AM »
Agreed, the massive immediate collapse is the most unlikely, but hey, plan for the worst...but at the first hint I plan on bugging out...take what I really need and hang the rest.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #484 on: August 26, 2013, 02:34:56 PM »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-08-26/guest-post-detroitification-it%E2%80%99s-government-stupid

It takes a special kind of village idiot to make all villages look like this...but Prez Comacho is a Yes-We-Can kind a special village idiot!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #485 on: November 05, 2013, 07:21:12 AM »
More evidence of the Obamanomic-Effect!

The real growth industry in America?  Theft!!!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-11-04/why-epidemic-thievery-sweeping-america

And they are coming by this naturally...I doubt many are intelligent enough to really understand how the PTBs are robbing them blind through Neo-Keynesian fiat manipulation and hidden inflation (which is plain enough to see if you open your damned eyes!)...

And market manipulation, can't forget that!  These clowns are in deep with the Ruling Class and feed off each other...at the expense of the working/country class...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-11-04/exposing-wall-streets-hidden-code

Go Galt...from everything...disengage, disengage, disengage!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #486 on: November 08, 2013, 08:15:27 AM »

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #487 on: November 08, 2013, 03:05:35 PM »
The CNBC lib attempted his best to slap lipstick on this pig called job growth this morning. Blamed everything on the govt shutdown. It is beyond my comprehension why anyone would fall on the knife for Obama and defend his record. This country is filled with the weak and stupid.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

RickZ

« Reply #488 on: November 08, 2013, 11:58:49 PM »
The CNBC lib attempted his best to slap lipstick on this pig called job growth this morning. Blamed everything on the govt shutdown. It is beyond my comprehension why anyone would fall on the knife for Obama and defend his record. This country is filled with the weak and stupid.

And the corrupt.  Don't forget the corrupt.

You have to wonder how many phones calls from White House sources this 'reporter' received 'encouraging' a certain slant to jobs coverage.  There is no way a business reporter can be this stupid without corruption of some sort.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #489 on: November 09, 2013, 09:10:51 AM »

They are defending their own egos.  They invested 100% of their self worth in being one of the leftist herd.  For any of them to be wrong is for them to be wrong.
And they are sure they are elite, anointed by God to rule.  And they loose all of that if they admit they (or any one of them)  was wrong.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #490 on: November 09, 2013, 09:26:58 AM »

They are defending their own egos.  They invested 100% of their self worth in being one of the leftist herd.  For any of them to be wrong is for them to be wrong.
And they are sure they are elite, anointed by God to rule.  And they loose all of that if they admit they (or any one of them)  was wrong.

Plus, they survive financially from sucking off others...they kill the kabuki, they starve themselves...there is an element of naked greed in play as well.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #491 on: November 09, 2013, 09:46:13 AM »
They promote the evil that infests the White House, I pray I can send them all back to hell from whence they came. Amen.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #492 on: November 09, 2013, 10:35:21 AM »
A quick trip would be nice!

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #493 on: November 09, 2013, 01:37:55 PM »

And they will defend or feed their egos...even to the destruction of America.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #494 on: November 12, 2013, 07:48:10 AM »
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-11-11/10-uncomfortable-truths-about-growing-unemployment-crisis-america

Once the squeeze reaches critical mass...something will pop...hopefully it is statist heads...

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #495 on: November 12, 2013, 09:16:53 AM »
Sheeple will not demand jobs as long as govt is there to hand out the money for doing virtually nothing. They, the immoral dreck, wanted it this way and now they have to die in it.

I can only be compassionate to a point and that ship sailed five years ago when the elected an agitator from Kenya because he sounded and dressed cool. Funny thing regarding dress, the hoodlums dressed nice enough to but what did they give back in return? More chaos. Fukc them!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #496 on: November 12, 2013, 11:39:44 AM »
Oh yeah...remember he was "clean" and "articulate"...as if that means everything to vetting a POTUS stops dead in its tracks...which the Democrat-Media Complex made sure that is exactly what happened!

My give a FF meter is empty too...

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #497 on: November 12, 2013, 01:13:25 PM »
Oh yeah...remember he was "clean" and "articulate"...as if that means everything to vetting a POTUS stops dead in its tracks...which the Democrat-Media Complex made sure that is exactly what happened!

Wait a minute. Doesn't that mean"express yourself clearly"? Everything this jackass says mumbo-jumbo bulsh*t. How is any of his past positions expressed clearly especially if they're lies.
Has the definition changed while I was sleeping? Can't take this sh*t any longer. ::rockets::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #498 on: November 13, 2013, 07:01:45 AM »

Wait a minute. Doesn't that mean"express yourself clearly"? Everything this jackass says mumbo-jumbo bulsh*t. How is any of his past positions expressed clearly especially if they're lies.
Has the definition changed while I was sleeping? Can't take this sh*t any longer. ::rockets::

Great timing Warp, here is the SCoaMF and the interpretation by George Orwell -

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-11-12/obama-translated

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #499 on: November 13, 2013, 07:06:36 AM »
The non-job non-recovery keeps the squeeze on...and ObamaCare premium shocks will certainly help...more lagging additions to the FSA are coming...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-11-12/its-not-just-harder-get-job-its-harder-get-good-job

Soon most people will be arriving at that Galt stage, or that stage the Russian people hit once they realized it was easier to stay home in your state-subsidized housing than to bother working or being productive in any way...total system collapse is growing near...and the only question to answer is "Should we fight it?"!