Author Topic: The O'Bama Depression Thread  (Read 73594 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The O'Bama Depression Thread
« Reply #600 on: December 05, 2014, 06:13:22 AM »
Wait till they meet 'unlicensed law-giver's'.

:D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #601 on: January 30, 2015, 11:58:41 AM »
Remember when Obamites ridiculed Bush for leaving an economy only generating, what was it, 3.6% GDP growth?

And now, the Obamites 6 years into their Reign of Terror with cooked books and all can only report 2.6%?

I'll bet the media will be all over this in 3...2...1...

(crickets)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #602 on: March 04, 2015, 07:00:43 AM »
I think this fits in with the Obamite efforts to "help" (aka - screw over) the middle class by liberating (their wealth) and passing it along to constituents (FSA)...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102473872

It will take more than pink slipping a few thousand jobs to generate $2B in cost reductions...so it is likely the terminations will be higher than expected and store closures will have to be a part of that...the shrink back to the target model of old and getting away from the superstores is going to have to increase its pace too.

Sad, no acknowledgement of cold hard truths driving the economy of today...cowardice is well-bred into the populace at this point I guess...

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #603 on: March 04, 2015, 08:26:53 AM »
I think this fits in with the Obamite efforts to "help" (aka - screw over) the middle class by liberating (their wealth) and passing it along to constituents (FSA)...

It will take more than pink slipping a few thousand jobs to generate $2B in cost reductions...so it is likely the terminations will be higher than expected and store closures will have to be a part of that...the shrink back to the target model of old and getting away from the superstores is going to have to increase its pace too.

Sad, no acknowledgement of cold hard truths driving the economy of today...cowardice is well-bred into the populace at this point I guess...

I am thinking Ayn Rand screwed up with "Who is John Galt" as the phrase to indicate that one has observed  the world is going to crap.
Michelle nominates "Tout est pour le mieux" ( Voltaire's Candide "Everything is for the Best!") )  but I think that fails to really capture the naivete and petty  nature of our society.
I am going to stick with "Everything is Awesome!" ("Oh I love this song!")

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #604 on: March 04, 2015, 11:10:49 AM »

I am thinking Ayn Rand screwed up with "Who is John Galt" as the phrase to indicate that one has observed  the world is going to crap.
Michelle nominates "Tout est pour le mieux" ( Voltaire's Candide "Everything is for the Best!") )  but I think that fails to really capture the naivete and petty  nature of our society.
I am going to stick with "Everything is Awesome!" ("Oh I love this song!")

I'll sing that between reloading...

Meanwhile, the plunge deeper into the Obama sewer continues...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-03-04/scariest-spreadheet-fed-possession-revealed
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 12:21:20 PM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #605 on: May 04, 2015, 07:51:45 AM »
Not much press about the collapse of the retail sector is there?  And the Feds cannot even bake enough good news to keep GDP and other manipulated metrics from showing a evermore deteriorating economy...this Obamanomics thing is working entirely as the Dear Leader had planned.

180 Abercrombie & Fitch (by 2015)

75 Aeropostale (through January 2015)

150 American Eagle Outfitters (through 2017)

223 Barnes & Noble (through 2023)

265 Body Central / Body Shop

66 Bottom Dollar Food

25 Build-A-Bear (through 2015)

32 C. Wonder

21 Cache

120 Chico’s (through 2017)

200 Children’s Place (through 2017)

17 Christopher & Banks

70 Coach (fiscal 2015)

70 Coco’s /Carrows

300 Deb Shops

92 Delia’s

340 Dollar Tree/Family Dollar

39 Einstein Bros. Bagels

50 Express (through 2015)

31 Frederick’s of Hollywood

50 Fresh & Easy Grocey Stores

14 Friendly’s

65 Future Shop (Best Buy Canada)

54 Golf Galaxy (by 2016)

50 Guess (through 2015)

26 Gymboree

40 JCPenney

127 Jones New York Outlet

10 Just Baked

28 Kate Spade Saturday & Jack Spade

14 Macy’s

400 Office Depot/Office Max (by 2016)

63 Pep Boys (“in the coming years”)

100 Pier One (by 2017)

20 Pick ’n Save (by 2017)

1,784 Radio Shack

13 Ruby Tuesday

77 Sears

10 SpartanNash Grocery Stores

55 Staples (2015)

133 Target, Canada (bankruptcy)

31 Tiger Direct

200 Walgreens (by 2017)

10 West Marine

338 Wet Seal

80 Wolverine World Wide (2015 – Stride Rite & Keds)

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-05-02/major-us-retailers-are-closing-more-6000-stores

As the article states some of this is caused by online competition, and many of these players are subject to downturns in consumer factors too...like eroded purchasing power, declining wages, higher cost of healthcare (heh, ObamaCare made that worse!), declining middle class (where Obamanomics has really targeted the hardest!)...

Some of these have been slowly dying over the years anyway or are in niches subject to declining fortunes, but there is no doubt the Obama-Effect is a prime contributor to their demise.

Almost there...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #606 on: May 13, 2015, 07:34:32 AM »
Heritage study - Obama Reg's cost $80B , seems low to me, but it is certainly a growing number, so it must be like trying to hit a bullet fired from a moving train while suspended upside down from a parasail in a thunderstorm from 1,000 yards out...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #607 on: May 19, 2015, 07:24:06 AM »
Obamaville, NJ (Nee Camden) - http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-05-18/obama-just-called-rotting-decaying-hellhole-symbol-promise-nation

Spike the football, beotch!

PS-The Dear Leader is probably eager to step in and save this sorry mess by bailing them out, heck, probably make them a state by decree for being so forward-thinking!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #608 on: June 01, 2015, 11:39:23 AM »
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/06/after-six-years-of-obamanomics-five-things-you-need-to-know/

I don't know what the big deal is...to B.Hussein O. this was a central part of his mission...

Duh?!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #609 on: June 18, 2015, 11:48:21 AM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #610 on: July 14, 2015, 11:07:17 AM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #611 on: July 23, 2015, 07:45:37 AM »
Yeah, this really is Progressive Obamunism at its best, er...whatever...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-07-22/obamas-minimum-wage-utopia-just-hit-brick-wall

This really illustrates the unsanity.  Talk about unsustainable...

And not only do we have the idiocy of class envy and naked jealousy driving the pimps of the can't do's/won't do's to enact stupid crap in government and business...but failure as usual is seen as a problem of not doing (spending!) enough...

So, NY not happy being idle and NYC being the flagship city of nanny-statists...wants to be the next one to mandate a $15 minimum wage for burger flippers.

You know what will happen...no more affordable burger joints in NY...not that I know if any are there or how many...but, unless your an elite, no burgers for you!

And, what should be yet another anchor around the neck of a drowned candidate...Hitlery is praising Detroit as a model of “Coordinated Commitment From Government And Business”.  Yup, only in TurdWorld America is failure promoted as success.

Suck it, America.  You seem to like it.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #612 on: August 14, 2015, 02:39:36 PM »
More minions of evil polluting big business get the boot...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-08-14/obamanomics-union-pacific-cuts-100s-jobs-coal-shipments-collapse

...Obamanomics, picking more losers every day, and they do it well!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #613 on: August 14, 2015, 03:17:17 PM »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-07-22/obamas-minimum-wage-utopia-just-hit-brick-wall

And not only do we have the idiocy of class envy and naked jealousy driving the pimps of the can't do's/won't do's to enact stupid crap in government and business...but failure as usual is seen as a problem of not doing (spending!) enough...

So, NY not happy being idle and NYC being the flagship city of nanny-statists...wants to be the next one to mandate a $15 minimum wage for burger flippers.

You know what will happen...no more affordable burger joints in NY...not that I know if any are there or how many...but, unless your an elite, no burgers for you!

And, what should be yet another anchor around the neck of a drowned candidate...Hitlery is praising Detroit as a model of “Coordinated Commitment From Government And Business”.  Yup, only in TurdWorld America is failure promoted as success.

About the chart, I think I posted something 'round here (somewhere) that in order to counter the drop-off in "income" caused by moving into better paid work from 'entitlements', a person's wage would need to be $38/hr.  $15 is gonna do zip for that.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #614 on: August 17, 2015, 07:57:37 AM »

About the chart, I think I posted something 'round here (somewhere) that in order to counter the drop-off in "income" caused by moving into better paid work from 'entitlements', a person's wage would need to be $38/hr.  $15 is gonna do zip for that.

Yeah, there are differing analyses out there for where that magic break point is, and it depends upon the size of the family, cost of living for your area, etc etc.  For example, if a family of 4 and only one worker, if that one worker made $35/hr and worked full-time...using 2088 FTE hours equals a gross of $73,080...depending upon the other variables they could make that fly, or the other parent could work a part-time schedule to augment.  Certainly for an individual that should be enough to live on...except if you're in LA or NYC for example.  So that "target" point can be all over the place.  In some areas it could be substantially lower, but not low enough to matter in terms of either scale or availability, so yeah, $15 doesn't do squat...but it does give Unionista bosses a reason to smile, and everybody knows smiling Unionista's thank politicians with campaign funds.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #615 on: August 17, 2015, 08:07:04 AM »
More on the fabulous retail sector that Obamunism rewards so generously...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-08-16/american-malls-meltdown-economic-recovery-complete-utter-fraud

JCP stinks.  Surprised Sears are around at all.  Never a Macy's shopper.  I do most of my clothes shopping at Kohl's.  Target shopping has declined for me in favor of Wal Mart, and I still like the CostCo. 

Big shock, people lose jobs, get booted from the labor force participation pool...people that do have jobs are in companies/industries struggling or under direct attack by Team Obama...food more expensive than ever...housing not rebounding, no new rental units so living choices are limited...people cutting back on all expenditures...I'm surprised retain numbers are this good!

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #616 on: August 24, 2015, 07:38:08 AM »
I haven't been in a WalMart in almost a year.  JCP?  Well, I work for an affiliated company of JCP so I get a 25% discount.  Can't pass that up.  Unfortunately it seems that Kohl's has a better selection of everything (Ron Johnson really ****ed up JCP's selection and they still haven't recovered) so I do end up there half the time.  Costco, ya.

And outlet malls.  Eagan has a really nice one.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #617 on: August 31, 2015, 07:02:42 AM »
More signs of Obama Depression in the SCoaMF's adopted home state of Illinois...a state that has probably suffered as long as any in this latter-day iteration of America under the reign of DemoProgs and their free-spending (of OPM!) and heavy-handed liberty-crushing statism - Citing "budget problems" Illinois gives an IOU instead of the $250k won in Illinois State Lottery.

These two quotes nail it -

Rick: "You know what's funny? If we owed the state money, they'd come take it and they don't care whether we have a roof over our head. Our budget wouldn't be a factor. You can't say (to the state), 'Can you wait until I get my budget under control?'"

Franks: "Our government is committing a fraud on the taxpayers, because we're holding ourselves out as selling a good, and we're not — we're not selling anything. The lottery is a contract: I pay my money, and if I win, you're obligated to pay me and you have to pay me timely. It doesn't say if you have money or when you have money."

You would think this would be a slam-dunk for any PR-chasing DA with dreams of higher office dancing in his head but perhaps finding a willing judge who would agree to seize state assets is just too hard in a state long dominated by statists.

Anyway, not surprised this happened in the Land of Obama! 

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #619 on: September 01, 2015, 07:00:13 AM »
Saw that.

Perhaps the time is ripe to stop feeding the effed up system and instead overwhelm it, yes?