Author Topic: The O'Bama Depression Thread  (Read 73198 times)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: The O'Bama Depression Thread
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 12:15:25 PM »
My proclivity toward smartassness and relative my inability to keep my mouth shut often hit people with blunt force.  And keeping my temper under control has always been a challenge.  Picking my battles, especially with this bunch running ruining things, tests me to the limit, but I get my fair share of shots in.  Dumbfounded stares and frightened looks are routine.  For friends of friends or friends of family, encountering my bluntness can be painful.  I will be tested this weekend no doubt with my niece/Godchild getting married.  An open bar could remove all filters.  What are the odds somebody will say something stupid and set me off?

As far as that flare goes, seems like I've been waiting an eternity...

You would get along quite well with my brother.....LOL

My bro is fed up, can't take it anymore and it is not shy to, literally, call dems stupid. As he calls it, "spreads the love" on our fishing trips at every opportunity.....Gas station, ramp, motel...if he gets the opportunity to take a shot, he does.

Example: Last week, 4:00 am, we are waiting for a particular station (non ethanol) to open, need gas in the boat. We pulled up to a BP (10% ethanol), bought ice,(really had to use the john) pulled over to the side...waiting.....Boater pulls in, fills up his boat and approaches us for info on a ramp...Little small talk, he makes the mistake of telling us his motor has issues, bulb won't stay primed, etc, which is all the invite my bro needed. All my bro said was" It's the gas you are using". Which led to the answer " But its more than across the street". Which led to something like " not only will you have issues putting subsidized ethanol in your boat, but you are supporting the obamanation of this country, falling for the claim this is actually good gas, driving up the cost of our engines, our cars, anything with a motor because we scramble to make a product to run on this piss, while spending much more for the additive to keep your gas mixed, than buying non ethanol, at least for your boat.... YOU are buying the additive, arent you?"

Which led to some stumbling answer, which led to the bro lamenting we need to wake up, think and get rid of this crap.... I don't remember word for word, but he was on a roll.....It was another classic day on the lake.....
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2011, 02:34:17 PM »
My proclivity toward smartassness and relative my inability to keep my mouth shut often hit people with blunt force.  And keeping my temper under control has always been a challenge.  Picking my battles, especially with this bunch running ruining things, tests me to the limit, but I get my fair share of shots in.  Dumbfounded stares and frightened looks are routine.  For friends of friends or friends of family, encountering my bluntness can be painful.  I will be tested this weekend no doubt with my niece/Godchild getting married.  An open bar could remove all filters.  What are the odds somebody will say something stupid and set me off?

My bro is fed up, can't take it anymore and it is not shy to, literally, call dems stupid. As he calls it, "spreads the love" on our fishing trips at every opportunity.....Gas station, ramp, motel...if he gets the opportunity to take a shot, he does.

Example: Last week, 4:00 am, we are waiting for a particular station (non ethanol) to open, need gas in the boat. We pulled up to a BP (10% ethanol), bought ice,(really had to use the john) pulled over to the side...waiting.....Boater pulls in, fills up his boat and approaches us for info on a ramp...Little small talk, he makes the mistake of telling us his motor has issues, bulb won't stay primed, etc, which is all the invite my bro needed. All my bro said was" It's the gas you are using". Which led to the answer " But its more than across the street". Which led to something like " not only will you have issues putting subsidized ethanol in your boat, but you are supporting the obamanation of this country, falling for the claim this is actually good gas, driving up the cost of our engines, our cars, anything with a motor because we scramble to make a product to run on this piss, while spending much more for the additive to keep your gas mixed, than buying non ethanol, at least for your boat.... YOU are buying the additive, arent you?"

Which led to some stumbling answer, which led to the bro lamenting we need to wake up, think and get rid of this crap.... I don't remember word for word, but he was on a roll.....It was another classic day on the lake.....

Heh, I like him already!

::thumbsup::

Stories like that just show how people use too little of their brain!  And stupidity more than anything impels me into rage.

I think I'd like fishin' with you guys!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2011, 02:43:44 PM »

Heh, I like him already!

Stories like that just show how people use too little of their brain!  And stupidity more than anything impels me into rage.

I think I would raher have a few at a local Gin mill with them.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2011, 02:46:39 PM »
My proclivity toward smartassness and relative my inability to keep my mouth shut often hit people with blunt force.  And keeping my temper under control has always been a challenge.  Picking my battles, especially with this bunch running ruining things, tests me to the limit, but I get my fair share of shots in.  Dumbfounded stares and frightened looks are routine.  For friends of friends or friends of family, encountering my bluntness can be painful.  I will be tested this weekend no doubt with my niece/Godchild getting married.  An open bar could remove all filters.  What are the odds somebody will say something stupid and set me off?

Heh, I like him already!

Stories like that just show how people use too little of their brain!  And stupidity more than anything impels me into rage.

I think I would raher have a few at a local Gin mill with them.

I don't know how y'all fish, but in my neck of the woods we often combine the two!

::beertoast::

;D

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2011, 03:36:42 PM »

Ah, Libertas; you don't want to be the ruination of the Goddaughter's wedding.  Put someone else in charge of your mouth for the duration; you'll be glad you did.  Gunsmith can be counted on to run interference for mine in the most delicate of situations.  ::laughonfloor::   Otherwise, he'll just stand by and let 'er rip.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2011, 03:50:47 PM »

Ah, Libertas; you don't want to be the ruination of the Goddaughter's wedding.  Put someone else in charge of your mouth for the duration; you'll be glad you did.  Gunsmith can be counted on to run interference for mine in the most delicate of situations.  ::laughonfloor::   Otherwise, he'll just stand by and let 'er rip.

He mostly would let you rip it's when you go for the chair over the head is when he steps in.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2011, 04:17:37 PM »
Tsk.  Look what we did; we done gone and hijacked trap's Obama Depression thread.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2011, 04:51:46 PM »

I have a brother like that too. Actually, it's kinda sobering but in my family I'm considered the thoughtful son  ;D

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2011, 04:52:49 PM »
Tsk.  Look what we did; we done gone and hijacked trap's Obama Depression thread.

'sokay - I was getting sorta depressed anyway  ::laughonfloor::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2011, 05:18:48 PM »
"Spreading the love".......

Another one of our favs, as we are greeted, we come back with "It's all good, ain't it"? Leads to all sorts of informative conversation.

If you want to have fun, greet people with " It's all great! Right?" or...."We're all good". Aren'T you?" First, normally find their political leanings. Obama supporters normally stammer. You can imagine how conversation can go. We have way too much fun with it.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2011, 05:30:33 PM »
"It's all good"

The only thing that prompts a stronger (negative) Pavlovian response in my older brother are grownups who wear their baseball caps backwards (kids are stupid so they get a pass)... ::exitstageleft::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2011, 05:33:06 PM »
"It's all good"

The only thing that prompts a stronger (negative) Pavlovian response in my older brother are grownups who wear their baseball caps backwards (kids are stupid so they get a pass)... ::exitstageleft::

I Like you brother's thinking.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2011, 05:34:22 PM »
"It's all good"

The only thing that prompts a stronger (negative) Pavlovian response in my older brother
are grownups who wear their baseball caps backwards (kids are stupid so they get a pass)... ::exitstageleft::

Oh boy!  Do I ever get that!

That, and "It is what it is".   ::laserkill::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2011, 05:35:50 PM »
"It's all good"

The only thing that prompts a stronger (negative) Pavlovian response in my older brother
are grownups who wear their baseball caps backwards (kids are stupid so they get a pass)... ::exitstageleft::

Hey I use that one!!
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2011, 05:37:32 PM »
"It's all good"

Hey I use that one!!

::rockethrow::

Stop.  It nihilistic and fatalistic, like you're just a helpless boob or something.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2011, 05:37:45 PM »
We're all good...Right????

::hysterical::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2011, 05:49:01 PM »
We're all good...Right????

::hysterical::

Of course!  Just the usual JF and Pan show, that's all.  For your amusement.

/although I think trap's going to be annoyed about his thread

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2011, 06:33:43 PM »
Here's another one; "In a hundred years no one will give a chit" 

Makes my brother crazy!  ::hysterical::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2011, 06:33:54 PM »
I say "it is what it is" a lot - whenever I am discussing situations that are what they are.

::thinking:: ::exitstageleft::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2011, 06:57:46 PM »
I'm annoyed by lazy language in general. One of my most frequent peeves is "My bad."
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly