Author Topic: The O'Bama Depression Thread  (Read 73710 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: The O'Bama Depression Thread
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2011, 07:15:33 PM »
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2011, 09:38:59 PM »
Ace just put up another one...

« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 11:33:18 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2011, 11:30:57 PM »
O'Bama Would Be A Cinch For Re-election If It Weren't For The Just Plain Bad Luck Of A Poor Economy

Yeah, and I could be the men's singles champion at Wimbledon if I could only play tennis. Hard cheese.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 11:34:50 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2011, 11:44:41 PM »
Read this one by Mona Charon over at RCP. She starts out with this typical GOP establishment statement:

There are some on the right who believe that Barack Obama is intentionally steering the United States into disaster -- that he privately rejoices in the dismal economy because it partially fulfills his objective to bring the country down.

This strikes me as, at the very least, overwrought.

And then goes on to list in detail all of the things that BO has done to kill the private sector which sort of shoots down her opening paragraph's assertion.

Nevertheless, as weak as her column is (she apparently forgot to include a concluding paragraph) it is yet one more chunk of firewood tossed onto an ever growing bonfire.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2011, 07:17:18 AM »
O'Bama Would Be A Cinch For Re-election If It Weren't For The Just Plain Bad Luck Of A Poor Economy

Yeah, and I could be the men's singles champion at Wimbledon if I could only play tennis. Hard cheese.

It's hard to tell where Chapman's lips end and where Obama's ass begins...but little Stevie is a world class low-life lying POS!

"The point is not that Obama's policies are or are not responsible for our current economic plight. The point is that perceptions of his character are powerfully shaped by external conditions that may have nothing to do with his behavior or his particular attributes."

Yeah, the Big Lie, keep pushing that sh*t Stevie, people in the real world know better!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2011, 07:23:04 AM »
Read this one by Mona Charon over at RCP. She starts out with this typical GOP establishment statement:

There are some on the right who believe that Barack Obama is intentionally steering the United States into disaster -- that he privately rejoices in the dismal economy because it partially fulfills his objective to bring the country down.

This strikes me as, at the very least, overwrought.

And then goes on to list in detail all of the things that BO has done to kill the private sector which sort of shoots down her opening paragraph's assertion.

Nevertheless, as weak as her column is (she apparently forgot to include a concluding paragraph) it is yet one more chunk of firewood tossed onto an ever growing bonfire.

Yeah, she often has issues of making self-negating statements in her articles.   ::)

Either the bastard is intentionally destroying the essential pillars that make this country free and market-driven or he is a bumbling idiot who doesn't know any better.  To believe the latter is folly and ignores (especially now after 2 1/2 years of tenure in office) a massive amount of evidence that the former is inescapable.

Wishy-washy people drive me nuts!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2011, 09:00:30 AM »
It might be possible to believe he's incompetent if he occasionally did the right thing -- broken clock and all.  Except for leaving the tax rates as they are, HE HASN'T; every other thing is precisely wrong.

No, he's engaged in deliberately accelerating and managing our decline -- and she's in denial.  Big time.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2011, 09:26:46 AM »

Sorry steve, but you can't start your essay with an out & out lie and expect us to gamely tag along.

Barack Obama came into office aspiring to bridge the chasm between liberals and conservatives, red states and blue states, and behold, the gulf is gone.

Steve would appear to have us believe that it is the law of unintended consequence catching up with hussein, but it isn't unintended, or a fluke at all. It's the natural consequence of disastrous policies, ineptly applied. Hussein had no such aspiration. His agenda was clear and his methodology (by any means possible) unmistakable. He knew that his treason was a non-starter for many Republicans (but not all unfortunately) so he set to work with zero intentions of working with any of them. This is not 'business as usual' for any previous administration - ever.

Hussein, and the American public, are now beginning to reap what they sowed. The traumatized economy, the chaotic financial industry, the evaporation of trust in government, and the overwhelming sense of impending doom.

These are the legacies of Baraq Hussein Ă˜bama.

Taste it buckwheat. Breath it in. You earned it

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2011, 07:04:44 PM »
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2011, 09:42:02 PM »
Screwing up a sunny day...that's Obama!

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2011, 12:03:57 AM »
Finally, there may be a nickname that has stuck. Yes, it's the one listed above. SCOAMF is now listed (several times) in the Urban Dictionary.

1.    SCoaMF   (n)
Stuttering Clusterf**k of a Miserable Failure.

An empty suit propped up by the media reading old tired Marxist tripe from a teleprompter.

A vapid celebrity or politician incapable of originating or uttering a coherent thought without a teleprompter or cue cards.

Someone demonstrably stupid and yet convinced of their own infallibility, even though unable to think or emote.

"A politician or celebrity who has no resume, no plan, no clue, and cannot speak without someone telling them what to say.
Did you hear that Obama has decided food stamps create jobs?"

"Yeah. What a SCoaMF."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2011, 06:35:31 AM »
You know your term of office is over when...the number of entries related to you in the Urban Dictionary exceed the number of real tangible accomplishments!

::hysterical::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2011, 10:51:44 AM »
You know your term of office is over when...the number of entries related to you in the Urban Dictionary exceed the number of real tangible accomplishments!

::hysterical::

That, in itself, is his greatest accomplishment.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2011, 11:29:40 AM »
Speaking of new lows...

Consumer confidence tanks again -

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44325909

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2011, 08:25:41 PM »
Speaking of new lows...

The people are sending messages to their leaders that they don't not only trust them but that don't believe even a word about what Obama is goning to say any more. He's being called a liar in advence of his great new solution for the economy.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2011, 08:33:27 PM »
Speaking of new lows...

The people are sending messages to their leaders that they don't not only trust them but that don't believe even a word about what Obama is going to say any more. He's being called a liar in advance of his great new solution for the economy.

Yup.  Not everybody is stupid and drinking the kool-aid Stymie keeps pushing.  We are now at that stage where events are beyond his control (largely because what would save his bacon is anathema to his brain-dead supporters and more porkulus has zero chance of passing the House) so events are now defining his presidency...this is when the insane are most vulnerable to losing it completely (Exhibit A today is the rant by the CBCer's against the Tea Party & Repub's) and it is now when we need to put our boot on their throats and finish them off!  The proglodytes have only begun to get desperate.  Strap on and don't give in to 'em!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2011, 09:50:52 PM »

He's getting close to his ideal economy.  The most consistent spenders are those with State Gift Cards.  The Right 30% of spenders are becoming very selective in their spending and the middle 40% are catching on.
When the middle 40 catches on, he will have his perfect economy.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2011, 09:56:30 PM »
I don't know where I fall, but we don't spend on anything right now but food and fuel.

Which strategy I'm not even sure is wise.  What's the point of saving anything when they're working like the devil to devalue every dollar stashed.  It may be smarter to put the money into something tangible.  We've contracted with an architect to draw up plans for expanding the back of the house.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2011, 10:06:42 PM »
I don't know where I fall, but we don't spend on anything right now but food and fuel.

Which strategy I'm not even sure is wise.  What's the point of saving anything when they're working like the devil to devalue every dollar stashed.  It may be smarter to put the money into something tangible.  We've contracted with an architect to draw up plans for expanding the back of the house.

I like a south facing window.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2011, 10:09:46 PM »

I like a south facing window.

Well, these are, but not the point.  Or is that what I'm missing?