Author Topic: The O'Bama Depression Thread  (Read 73640 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: The O'Bama Depression Thread
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2011, 10:14:25 PM »
I don't know where I fall, but we don't spend on anything right now but food and fuel.

Which strategy I'm not even sure is wise.  What's the point of saving anything when they're working like the devil to devalue every dollar stashed.  It may be smarter to put the money into something tangible.  We've contracted with an architect to draw up plans for expanding the back of the house.

I like a south facing window.

Well, these are, but not the point.  Or is that what I'm missing?

And a private bath,something in an earth tone.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2011, 10:18:55 PM »
I don't know where I fall, but we don't spend on anything right now but food and fuel.

Which strategy I'm not even sure is wise.  What's the point of saving anything when they're working like the devil to devalue every dollar stashed.  It may be smarter to put the money into something tangible.  We've contracted with an architect to draw up plans for expanding the back of the house.

I like a south facing window.

Well, these are, but not the point.  Or is that what I'm missing?

And a private bath,something in an earth tone.

Yah, okay.  Whizzing right over my head.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #102 on: September 03, 2011, 11:18:25 AM »
The news just keeps getting better and better.

NYU economist Nouriel Roubini went on Bloomberg TV on Aug. 31 to give his latest prediction of the global economy:
"We’ve reached a stall speed in the economy, not just in the U.S., but in the euro zone and the UK. We see probably a 60 percent probability of recession next year, and, unfortunately, we’re running out of policy tools.....and sovereigns cannot bail out their own distressed banks because they are distressed themselves.

LINK
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #103 on: September 03, 2011, 02:47:10 PM »
And here are the Scholastic News Kid Reporters sitting down for a frank and serious discussion with President Downgrade. Poor kids.

They wonder why the economy is so bad and what he is going to do about it. He mumbles and fumbles, stares at his lap, and eventually tells them that they are screwed unless they go to college...

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2011, 06:11:41 PM »

Looks pale, sallow, hollow eyed, you know?

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #105 on: September 03, 2011, 06:21:02 PM »

Looks pale, sallow, hollow eyed, you know?

He's been vacationing hard lately. And I'm dead serious when I say that. When our family goes on vacation, we cram so much extra living into every day that we return home exhausted and in need of some down-time to recuperate from our vacation. This guy never stops. Compound that with the shoulder-weight of trying to bring down the world's most powerful nation, and what's an ordinary guy to do? Of course he's tired.

But that won't stop him. He's got what it takes to defeat the United States, he just knows he does.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2011, 01:09:48 PM »
Stay in school for a good education? Like he did. How many hours did he allow himself for studying? Couldn't have been all that much as indidcated by his Marxist tripe he spews out on a regular schedule. Education obviously isn't for everyone as he clearly demonstrates by wasting all that space in classrooms and not learning a damn thing from it. ::bashing::

Note that it was 10 letters out of thousands that are given to him by his staff further insulating him from the realities of just how many would like to see him swing from a rope of his own action. Isn't this the main crux of it, he's isolated from reality meaning he's entirely out of the loop as to how much the country's suffering from his policy decisions.

We've all seen the movies and histories of leaders that are so isolated by their prsonal staff looking out for his feelings rather than the tribulations of the citizenry.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2011, 02:38:48 PM »
Stay in school for a good education? Like he did. How many hours did he allow himself for studying? Couldn't have been all that much as indidcated by his Marxist tripe he spews out on a regular schedule. Education obviously isn't for everyone as he clearly demonstrates by wasting all that space in classrooms and not learning a damn thing from it. ::bashing::

Note that it was 10 letters out of thousands that are given to him by his staff further insulating him from the realities of just how many would like to see him swing from a rope of his own action. Isn't this the main crux of it, he's isolated from reality meaning he's entirely out of the loop as to how much the country's suffering from his policy decisions.

We've all seen the movies and histories of leaders that are so isolated by their prsonal staff looking out for his feelings rather than the tribulations of the citizenry.

So....he found no unemployment in marthas Vineyard.....
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2011, 02:59:49 PM »

So....he found no unemployment in marthas Vineyard.....

Not the kind you mean and certainly not on the golf-course ...........
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2011, 11:27:59 AM »
Good news for the Obama Depression...layoff's spiking up again...more misery for Duh Wun to cash in on...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/05/us-usa-economy-idUSTRE78C33C20111005
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2011, 11:34:27 AM »

It's a prison of his own making.  He has no choice but to continue on this path.  He fears the truth about himself more.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #111 on: October 05, 2011, 03:23:58 PM »
Good news for the Obama Depression...layoff's spiking up again...more misery for Duh Wun to cash in on...

This is normally the time of year when holiday work shrinks the unemployment rolls slightly. Maybe not this year.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #112 on: October 05, 2011, 03:25:57 PM »

This is normally the time of year when holiday work shrinks the unemployment rolls slightly. Maybe not this year.

Well, if it does I'm sure he'll be wanting credit for Christmas.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #113 on: October 14, 2011, 08:16:11 AM »
These links definitely belong in this thread!

First - Misery Index:

http://www.miseryindex.us/

Second - How about a story on our rotting cities, thanks in large part to local Leftists and the Big Eared Idiot in the White House?  Ya?  OK, here you go!

http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/you-know-your-city-has-become-hellhole-when%E2%80%A6?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+zerohedge%2Ffeed+%28zero+hedge+-+on+a+long+enough+timeline%2C+the+survival+rate+for+everyone+drops+to+zero%29

Obamaville's, the real growth industry of Obamanomics!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2011, 08:33:05 AM »
And the swirl down the drain continues -

Unemploment cliams over 400k for the umpteenth straight month -

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44972522

At least 26m underemployed -

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-number-of-underemployed-people-keeps-growing-2011-10

Misery Index 13% -

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44970105

American's standard of living takes it in the shorts again -

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44962589

Use of anti-depressants up 400% (I guess this is how people are expected to manage the decline)? -

http://yourlife.usatoday.com/health/story/2011-10-19/CDC-Antidepressant-use-skyrocketed-in-past-20-years/50826442/1?loc=interstitialskip

::cussing::  Onama!

::cussing::  Pelosi!

::cussing::  Reid!

::cussing::  MFM!

::cussing::  Proglodytes!

::gaah::   ::outrage::   ::angry::   ::cussing::   ::rockets::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #115 on: October 27, 2011, 07:44:34 AM »
Oh, how lovely, another reporting period comes and initial jobless claims come in over 400k again and continuing claims remain well over 3.5m!

Another fine depressing day in Obamaville!

::outrage::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #116 on: October 27, 2011, 03:16:27 PM »
Oh, how lovely, another reporting period comes and initial jobless claims come in over 400k again and continuing claims remain well over 3.5m!

Another fine depressing day in Obamaville!

::outrage::

I didn't hear that today.  But if one person out of that group gets a job I'm sure my local media will be telling us the economy is improving.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #117 on: November 04, 2011, 02:06:44 PM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/04/video-former-clinton-adviser-says-jobs-report-not-good-news/

We can safely expect the Obama administration to spin today’s jobs report as good news.  After all, some net jobs got created in October, even if they fell 15,000 short of the expectation of 95,000.  But as Clinton adviser and economist Robert Reich explained on MSNBC this morning, that’s actually going backwards in the context of population growth, and that makes this report decidedly not good news.

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/04/pelosi-unemployment-would-be-15-percent-were-it-not-for-us/

She cites no study, provides no evidence, but baldly makes the claim: If President Barack Obama and congressional Democrats had not passed the $825 billion stimulus bill in February of 2009, unemployment today would be 15 percent.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #118 on: November 04, 2011, 04:09:11 PM »
Using the U6, which is ..

The U6 unemployment rate counts not only people without work seeking full-time employment (the more familiar U-3 rate), but also counts "marginally attached workers and those working part-time for economic reasons." Note that some of these part-time workers counted as employed by U-3 could be working as little as an hour a week. And the "marginally attached workers" include those who have gotten discouraged and stopped looking, but still want to work. The age considered for this calculation is 16 years and over.

Real US unemployment rate at 16 pct: Fed official

That was in August.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #119 on: November 06, 2011, 03:53:10 PM »
Yup, U6 is fugly, and you will never hear the MFM talk of it.