Author Topic: The O'Bama Depression Thread  (Read 73677 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Re: The O'Bama Depression Thread
« Reply #120 on: November 10, 2011, 04:25:05 PM »
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #121 on: November 10, 2011, 09:24:34 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/10/us/politics/obama-orders-savings-of-4-billion-for-use-elsewhere.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

Obama Cuts $4 Billion, Then Uses It Elsewhere...

In Baltimore, auto repair shop was using this same meme to advance the replaceemnt of engines instead of buying a new car, the wife went shopping with the savings. ::outrage::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #122 on: November 10, 2011, 10:58:54 PM »
A cut is not a cut if it is spent elsewhere.  Since the Old Gray Hag is usually the Left's Cheerleader, I am naturally suspicious as to why they are bringing this $4b up...makes we wonder what the other hand is doing with an even larger more hideous pile of taxpayer funds!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #123 on: November 12, 2011, 09:02:53 PM »
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/11/12/europe-s-financial-crisis-is-headed-to-america.html

But the third reason Americans should care about Europe is more important even than the risk of a renewed financial crisis. It is the danger that what is happening in Europe today could ultimately happen here. Just a few months ago, almost nobody was worried about Italy’s vast debt, which amounts to 121 percent of GDP. Then suddenly panic set in, and Italy’s borrowing costs exploded from 3.5 percent to 7.5 percent.

Today the U.S. gross federal debt stands at around 100 percent of GDP. Four years ago it was 62 percent. By 2016 the International Monetary Fund forecasts it will be 115 percent. Economists who should know better insist that this is not a problem because, unlike Italy, the United States can print its own money at will. All that means is that the U.S. reserves the right to inflate or depreciate away its debt. If I were a foreign investor—and half the debt in public hands is held by foreigners—I would not find that terribly reassuring. At some point I might demand some compensation for that risk in the form of ... higher rates.

Athens, Rome, Washington ... The shortest route from imperial capital to tourist destination is precisely this death spiral of debt.

Thank you ever so much Obama!  ::doublebird::

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #124 on: November 13, 2011, 03:13:58 PM »
Obama is a chimera, a chimera composed of the worst DNA samples from all of human history, designed to be unleashed upon America to destroy her utterly from within.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #125 on: November 17, 2011, 08:43:52 AM »
I guess I'll put this here since Obama hasn't done anything to stop this from happening and indeed, has even taken drastic steps toward insuring that it does.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-11-16/banks-in-u-s-facing-serious-risk-on-contagion-from-europe-fitch-says.html

U.S. banks face a “serious risk” that their creditworthiness will deteriorate if Europe’s debt crisis deepens and spreads beyond the five most-troubled nations, Fitch Ratings said.

“Unless the euro zone debt crisis is resolved in a timely and orderly manner, the broad credit outlook for the U.S. banking industry could worsen,” the New York-based rating company said yesterday in a statement. Even as U.S. banks have “manageable” exposure to stressed European markets, “further contagion poses a serious risk,” Fitch said, without explaining what it meant by contagion.

The “exposures” of U.S. lenders to major European banks and the stressed nations of Greece, Ireland, Italy, Portugal and Spain, known as the GIIPS, are smaller than those to some of the continent’s larger countries, Fitch said.
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #126 on: November 22, 2011, 09:23:44 AM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/22/q3-gdp-revised-from-2-5-to-2-0/

Thanks to the upcoming holiday, the Bureau of Economic Analysis released its first revision of the advance quarterly GDP report today — and the new number drops significantly from the figure released less than four weeks ago.  Instead of a mediocre 2.5% annualized growth rate in Q3, the US now reports a 2.0% annualized growth rate, which means that we are still not coming up to last year’s stagnant growth levels.
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

charlesoakwood

« Reply #127 on: November 22, 2011, 11:15:26 AM »

Stagflation.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #128 on: November 22, 2011, 11:35:33 AM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/22/q3-gdp-revised-from-2-5-to-2-0/

Thanks to the upcoming holiday, the Bureau of Economic Analysis released its first revision of the advance quarterly GDP report today — and the new number drops significantly from the figure released less than four weeks ago.  Instead of a mediocre 2.5% annualized growth rate in Q3, the US now reports a 2.0% annualized growth rate, which means that we are still not coming up to last year’s stagnant growth levels.

"Unexpectedly" ....
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #129 on: November 22, 2011, 11:58:19 AM »
Unexpected, only to the fools who believe what the clowns behind the curtain are telling them!

Let's see, Bush left office with GDP at 2.4% I believe, so Stymie still cannot have his merry band of Neo-Keynesian snake-oil salesmen manufacture a better GDP?!

Just watch, they'll cook, lie and beddazzle with BS to make 2012 into a stellar year, despite what reality says!

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #130 on: November 23, 2011, 03:32:35 PM »
http://www.11alive.com/news/article/214228/3/Company-Policy-We-are-not-hiring-until-Obama-is-gone

WACO, Ga. -- A west Georgia business owner is stirring up controversy with signs he posted on his company's trucks, for all to see as the trucks roll up and down roads, highways and interstates:

"New Company Policy: We are not hiring until Obama is gone."

"Can't afford it," explained the employer, Bill Looman, Tuesday evening. "I've got people that I want to hire now, but I just can't afford it. And I don't foresee that I'll be able to afford it unless some things change in D.C."
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #131 on: November 23, 2011, 03:42:53 PM »
Another bitter clinger, greedy, redneck just trying to protect his "profits".  Ignore him.  What the hell does he know anyway; the real experts are in DC.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #132 on: November 24, 2011, 10:45:35 AM »
This nation needs an exlposion of such brave businessmen!

::thumbsup::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #133 on: November 24, 2011, 12:35:27 PM »
  A patriot if ever there was one.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #134 on: November 25, 2011, 03:58:03 PM »
http://www.cnbc.com/id/45435459

The Dow and S&P posted their worst Thanksgiving week since the Great Depression on a percentage basis.

...but the recession is over don'tcha know...
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #135 on: November 25, 2011, 04:16:30 PM »
http://www.cnbc.com/id/45435459

The Dow and S&P posted their worst Thanksgiving week since the Great Depression on a percentage basis.

...but the recession is over don'tcha know...

It was over a long time ago, we've been in the Obama Depression since inauguration day!!!

::gaah::

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2011, 07:39:08 PM »
http://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/2011/11/28/fitch-keeps-us-credit-rating-at-aaa-cuts-outlook-to-negative/

Fitch Ratings kept its pristine AAA rating on the U.S. on Monday, but the credit-ratings company downgraded its outlook to “negative” in the wake of the Supercommittee’s failure to find $1.2 trillion in spending cuts.

The development, which had been hinted at last week, could have been worse for the U.S. as McGraw-Hill’s (MHP) Standard & Poor’s slashed its credit rating for the first time ever in August.

However, the negative outlook indicates a “slightly greater” than 50% chance that Fitch downgrades the U.S. over the next two years.
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2011, 08:07:51 PM »

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #138 on: November 29, 2011, 10:51:51 AM »
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/kramer-were-two-stages-from-a-financial-collapse-so-huge-its-hard-to-get-your-mind-around/

Nevermind the stock rally from Monday or the massive sales figures from Black Friday, CNBC’s Jim Cramer had a very grim outlook for the global financial markets going forward. In sum, the European crisis is so bad that the U.S. is grave danger. Business Insider explains:
    In his opening segment on Mad Money tonight (via The Fly) Jim Cramer warns that Europe could easily spoil any party we’re having in the US due to the collapse in credit.

He walks through a fairly long (but very basic) explanation of what credit is, and how central it is to the economy, before (around the 6:30 mark) declaring that we’re in “DEFCON 3, two stages from a financial collapse so huge it’s hard to get your mind around.”
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #139 on: November 29, 2011, 11:20:34 AM »
Cramer, the used car salesman of investment, would have a hard time getting his head around it, he is often already surrounded by his own ass.

He needs to spend less time with CNBC and more at ZeroHedge!

InTrade Odds On Euro Collapse By End Of 2012 Now At 50%
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/intrade-odds-euro-collapse-end-2012-now-50

I'd bet on collapse, but then again, one poster asks a good question - if I bet that way, will anybody be around to pay me off?!

::whatgives::