Author Topic: The O'Bama Depression Thread  (Read 73838 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The O'Bama Depression Thread
« Reply #160 on: February 02, 2012, 07:39:28 AM »
Inventories grossly baked the year end numbers too CO, so real GDP is the worst in 60 years!

And Stymie, fresh off his replenished credit card, is resuming his addiction to spending OPM like the drunken dictator he is!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/figures-government-spending-debt-201733446.html
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #161 on: February 02, 2012, 08:15:52 AM »
And remember, these numbers are BS, all I want to see is the year end adjustment, that way we know how much they've lied to us for the year!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/initial-claims-print-near-expectations-be-revised-adversely-next-week-productivity-drops-labor-

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #162 on: February 03, 2012, 08:04:10 AM »
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/record-12-million-people-fall-out-labor-force-one-month-labor-force-participation-rate-tumbles-

Oh, a new round of lying!  How unexpected!

/

1.2M removed from labor force participation!  Sure, keep defining the denominator down and create phony UI numbers!

Evil fvcksticks!

Some SOB's on the Hill better haul in these fothermucking liars at teh BLS and tell them their sh*t-factory is about have its funding cut!

Obamanomics AKA Idiocracy end NOW!!!

::gaah::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #163 on: February 03, 2012, 08:06:38 AM »
They keep this up and soon they'll be reporting unemployment as zero while 3/4s of the country is out of work.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #164 on: February 03, 2012, 08:23:25 AM »
It is the goal, Pan, don't doubt it!

It is why the lie has to be brought out into the open and its practicioners told to knock it off or join those removed from workforce participation!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #165 on: February 03, 2012, 08:28:37 AM »
NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- American employers substantially stepped up their hiring in January, bringing the unemployment rate down for the fifth month in a row.

Employers added 243,000 jobs in January, the Labor Department reported Friday, marking a pick-up in hiring from December, when the economy added 203,000 jobs.
Job growth was much stronger than expected
Private businesses have been adding jobs consistently since March 2010. In January, they added 257,000 jobs.

But the government has been bleeding jobs since the middle of 2010, and continued to do so last month. Most of the recent job losses have been at the state and local level. Overall, the public sector cut 14,000 jobs in January.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/03/news/economy/jobs_report_unemployment/index.htm?source=cnn_bin

Anybody care to translate that with regard to the unemployment figure lies?  Because it's being touted as "economic recovery" ....
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #166 on: February 03, 2012, 08:33:29 AM »
Apples & oranges & kiwi's!

CNN is citing the release of non-farm payrolls, and they are mostly in the lower end of the spectrum, so whuppty-doo!  More burger flippers and an artificially lowered unemployment number equals Happy Days, thanks to Lord High Obama and his merry band of debt-imploding democrats!

CNN wants Obama's ass to be worshipped...we want Obama's ass to be tried, convicted and sentenced!

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #167 on: February 03, 2012, 09:26:09 AM »
They keep this up and soon they'll be reporting unemployment as zero while 3/4s of the country is out of work.

Unemployment will be zero because pretty soon they'll only count people working for the government as employed.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #168 on: February 03, 2012, 09:38:27 AM »
viainstapundit

QUESTIONS: If The Economy Is Improving. . .

If the economy is getting better, then why did new home sales in the United States hit a brand new all-time record low during 2011?

If the economy is getting better, then why are there 6 million less jobs in America today than there were before the recession started?

If the economy is getting better, then why is the average duration of unemployment in this country close to an all-time record high?

If the economy is getting better, then why has the number of homeless female veterans more than doubled?

If the economy is getting better, then why has the number of Americans on food stamps increased by 3 million since this time last year and by more than 14 million since Barack Obama entered the White House?

If the economy is getting better, then why has the number of children living in poverty in America risen for four years in a row?

If the economy is getting better, then why is the percentage of Americans living in “extreme poverty” at an all-time high?

Lots more of these at the link. You know, if we had a Republican President, I’ll bet the press would be asking these questions every day.

also the bogus number explained
They are cooking the books. Not unexpected. Obama and Dems have no ethics so they will lie, cheat and steal if it serves their purpose.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #169 on: February 03, 2012, 09:54:46 AM »
They're cooking the books in so many ways, folks like me cannot make heads or tails of the reports or the numbers.

There's this:

"If the economy is getting better, then why has the number of Americans on food stamps increased by 3 million since this time last year and by more than 14 million since Barack Obama entered the White House?"

Yes, more food stamp recipients, but I recently posted a piece on this board about how people who don't need the assistance are being lured into using it; the requirements were jiggered to include them.

If the economy is getting better, then why has the number of children living in poverty in America risen for four years in a row?

If the economy is getting better, then why is the percentage of Americans living in “extreme poverty” at an all-time high?

These two go together, I'd say.  I also say, the threshold number for poverty/extreme poverty has been "adjusted" as well, in order that it appears more and more have less.

Don't get me wrong; I know things are dire, but not from the reporting of these sort of statistics.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #170 on: February 03, 2012, 10:10:06 AM »
More back up for the low wage jobs in NFP -

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/nonfarm-payroll-surge-gain-low-wage-jobs

Plus, HDS Table 9 shows NFP employment gains are largely driven by Part-Timers!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/final-nail-todays-nfp-tragicomedy-record-surge-part-time-workers

And that crying fool Boehner had an opportunity to educate the American people about all this cooking and he punted!  I heard him on the radio just now say " there is some good news, but we can do better"!

Good news?!

Can do better?!

TOTALLY SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #171 on: February 03, 2012, 10:12:01 AM »
viainstapundit

QUESTIONS: If The Economy Is Improving. . .

If the economy is getting better, then why did new home sales in the United States hit a brand new all-time record low during 2011?

If the economy is getting better, then why are there 6 million less jobs in America today than there were before the recession started?

If the economy is getting better, then why is the average duration of unemployment in this country close to an all-time record high?

If the economy is getting better, then why has the number of homeless female veterans more than doubled?

If the economy is getting better, then why has the number of Americans on food stamps increased by 3 million since this time last year and by more than 14 million since Barack Obama entered the White House?

Lots more of these at the link. You know, if we had a Republican President, I’ll bet the press would be asking these questions every day.

also the bogus number explained
They are cooking the books. Not unexpected. Obama and Dems have no ethics so they will lie, cheat and steal if it serves their purpose.

Those charts are STUNNING!  Yet nobody will ever know, it'll never make the MFM!!!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #172 on: February 03, 2012, 10:47:12 AM »
Just remember everyone, "Reality is not optional".  The light & magic show can't go on forever. At some point, "real reality" will trump "manufactured reality" because it can only be so. Will the manufactured reality persist long enough to get Chairman Zero back into office to finish his fundamental transformation? Who knows. Right now it looks probable.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #173 on: February 03, 2012, 11:22:20 AM »
I was just thinking that G!  And I think you're right, I think the Regime & the MFM water-carriers will do all they can to stifle reality through election day, after that it won't matter, either way.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #174 on: February 03, 2012, 12:16:45 PM »

Those charts are STUNNING!  Yet nobody will ever know, it'll never make the MFM!!!

At some point it won't matter.  Because despite what they hear, people will look around and realize what the media says isn't their own reality.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #175 on: February 03, 2012, 02:53:04 PM »

At some point it won't matter.  Because despite what they hear, people will look around and realize what the media says isn't their own reality.

Agreed.  I just don't know if the right people will be blamed, given the constant groan coming out of the MFM, and what percentage know the truth despite the lies...I made the mistake long ago of giving broad groups of people the benefit of the doubt.  In theory it should work as you say, and I pray thatb it does!

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #176 on: February 03, 2012, 07:02:53 PM »

Agreed.  I just don't know if the right people will be blamed, given the constant groan coming out of the MFM, and what percentage know the truth despite the lies...I made the mistake long ago of giving broad groups of people the benefit of the doubt.  In theory it should work as you say, and I pray thatb it does!

Ah, that's the problem...they'll blame the person closest/easiest to blame because to do otherwise would require too much thinking and so far they have shown themselves not to be too good at that...

charlesoakwood

« Reply #177 on: February 04, 2012, 10:13:59 AM »

Santelli Slams the Spinning Jobs Report

http://www.mrctv.org/public/eyeblast.swf?v=hdqG8z6U8z

"[W]e have overwhelming evidence the jobs market is disappointing, and all of you are trying to look for that one half of spaghetti in a 50 lb. spaghetti bowl. This is not great data," Santelli claimed. "We know that the U6 probably gives you a better indication of the true unemployment rate …"

CNBC's Steve Liesman interjected: "It went down, Rick. It went down - "

"Yeah, what is it?" asked Santelli.

"It went down Rick, to 16.1 [percent]," Liesman said.

"Oh boy, guys! 16.1 [percent] is probably the unemployment rate. That's cause celebre," Rick sarcastically shouted on the trading floor of the Chicago mercantile exchange.

"But it fell from 16.7," Liesman insisted.

Santelli continued to criticize the spin: "You know what Steve? You and I both know that the unemployment rate, the labor force moving in and out, those giving up, is really probably your best statistical reason for the drop to 9.0 (percent). And in terms of jobs, you, Mr. Steve Liesman, said if you work just one day. If you stay home but you get paid you're counted in the data …"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #178 on: February 04, 2012, 11:56:42 AM »
Even with Fox News and the new media, "they" can lie about the statistics and get away with it -- for a little while longer -- because the unemployed are not standing in lines out the Unemployment Office doors, down the block and around the corner.  This is one way of keeping them "invisible"; same thing with the EBT card beneficiaries.  The checks come in the mail and the cards are refilled remotely.

One thing that can't be hidden, however, and isn't, are the lines at the food-banks.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #179 on: February 07, 2012, 06:59:47 AM »
Here we go, some good analysis that takes the manipulation out of play, the dirty little secret The Regime doesn't want you to know about jobs in America - quality dilution.  Dig that hole faster Stymie, maybe nobody will notice until after election day!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/quality-assessment-us-jobs-reveals-ugliest-picture-yet

This would be front page news on every MFM outlet if anybody but a   ::cussing::  democrat was sitting in the WH!

::gaah::   ::cussing::   ::angry::   ::outrage::