Author Topic: The O'Bama Depression Thread  (Read 73676 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: The O'Bama Depression Thread
« Reply #340 on: September 13, 2012, 02:30:29 PM »

Last year I went in for the long term but it's so
confusing and, like totally, unpredictable got out
with %7.  Whew.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #341 on: September 14, 2012, 06:37:59 AM »
No, the real reason the iPhone5 matters is because this one gadget alone could add .33 percent to America's GDP. According to Michael Feroli of J.P.Morgan, "The third of a percentage point lift would limit the downside risk to our Q4 GDP growth projection, which remains 2.0 per cent."

Yes a device you don't need, that people will go into hock to buy is going to provide a 1/3 percentage point boost in GDP- iPhone5 save us. For another Quarter year.

From a ZH comment thread:

This isn't QE3...this is QEi5

Everyone needs to understand as to the REAL REASON why QE3 was launched last night....APPLE!!!!

Bernanke's focus was on Market/Public sentiment...yeah?

Think about it. If this week's launch of the iPhone5 were to fail and not meet and/or exceed sales targets, THAT  ladies and gentlemen, would potentially be the rudest awakening to the Western World, that we really are in a Global Recession, bigger than anything else! Food & Oil can go up in price, but don't f**k with our toys.

Apple's revenue contributes to what percentage of the US GDP figures, and how much of Apple's revenues are attributable to iPhone sales??? (Rhetorical, I know the stats).

iPhone sales affect both GDP numbers and sentiment.

iPhone (Apple) has a greater effect on Market/Public sentiment than any other factor.

After FaceBook went FacePlant and then FaceEgg, there was no way in hell Apple was going to be allowed to go the way of the Lawn Dart.

It's Extend and Pretend via the iPhone5 vehicle…It's that f**king simple.

QEi5 lives!

followed by

I pledge allegiance to the fruit
Of the United States of America.
And to the iPhones for which it stands.
One pie, under Obama , fundamentally transformed,
With slices, of wealth to spread around, for all.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #342 on: September 14, 2012, 06:45:11 AM »
Ann Barnhardt:

I'M NOT EVADING. I'M RIDING OUT TO MEET THEM.
POSTED BY ANN BARNHARDT - SEPTEMBER 12, AD 2012 7:55 PM MST
Stop sending links to crackpot tax evasion websites and attorneys. Y'all don't get it. What I am doing is the exact opposite of tax evasion. I'm not evading the IRS or the Obama regime. I'm calling the bastards out. I'm walking out to meet them. Evasion, especially in the form of sleazy litigation, is the domain of the coward and the fool. I am neither, so spare me the tax evasion "advice".
You people who subscribe to this nutty nonsense about not being under the jurisdiction of the United States because your name is typed in caps on your birth certificate, or because the American flag has gold fringe on it, or the utterly childish fantasy that if you sign your name across a postage stamp you become your own "postmaster" and thus some sort of secret force field is erected around you and the government can't touch you, is all part and parcel of the intense psychological problems that this culture suffers from collectively. You people think that you can honestly make some legal argument with the Obama regime? With the IRS? These people are lawless, evil psychopathic criminals. You can't argue statute with them. You can't make ANY appeal to the Rule of Law, much less appealing to batsh*t nonsense, which is what all of these tax evasion fantasies are, because the Rule of Law is dead.

According to you fools, all of the Jews in Poland should have just bought a postage stamp, signed their name across it, and then when the SS came to round them up and/or summarily execute them in the street, WELL, they should have just waved their magic signed postage stamp in those mean old Nazis' faces, and then the SS would have been frozen in their tracks!

If you believe that, you need to see a neurologist NOW and tell him that you are having schizoid delusions and are incapable of discerning the difference between fantasy and reality. Seriously.

No. There comes a time when people of integrity say "no more" and ride out to meet the enemy head-on. Will you be killed? Maybe. Probably. That isn't the point. The point is the RIDING OUT.

In the second Lord of the Rings movie there is a scene that brilliantly demonstrates the moral action of Riding Out and meeting the enemy. And remember, The Lord of the Rings is Christian Allegory from top to bottom. That is why Tolkien wrote it. Every scene, character and group is representative of something in Christianity.

The siege of Rohan at Helm's Deep by Saruman's army of Uruk Hai is going badly. King Theoden is despairing. Aragorn, never losing his faith or hope, seeing Theoden's despair, rouses him to ride out in a final charge, to die with honor and glory.

They ride out, and as they do, Gandalf, in command of the Rohirim, appears at the top of the hill to the east, fulfilling his promise. Gandalf then leads a flanking charge, the Uruk Hai are destroyed and King Theoden, Aragorn, the charging party and the survivors inside Helm's Deep are saved.

The allegory is perfect. Christ doesn't want us to sit on our asses and wait for Him to come along and save us, and those of you who think that is the "Christian reponse" in all of this are dead wrong. Christ wants us to RIDE OUT. He wants us make that choice because making that choice will bring us closer to Him. Just as He walked out to meet the guards who came to arrest Him in the Garden of Gethsemane, He wants us to share in that aspect of His Passion so that we can be as close to Him as possible. He wants us to have Hope in Him and to trust in Him, just as He walked out of the Garden in perfect Hope and Faith, even knowing that He was going to His death, but trusting perfectly in God the Father and the resurrection.

In order to get to the resurrection, He, and every one of us, MUST go through the Cross. There is no evasion. There was no arguing law, statute or even common decency with either the Sanhedrin, Herod Antipas, Pilate or the Mob. There was no arguing law or decency with Saruman and the Uruk Hai. There is no arguing the Natural Law, the Constitution or human decency with the Obama regime. All you can do is ride out and meet them.

The perfect template for how we are to respond and what we are to do in this situation now IS SIMPLY THE PASSION NARRATIVE. Just read the Gospels and it is clear what we are supposed to do. Imitate Christ.

"So much death. What can men do against such reckless hate?"

"Ride out with me. Ride out and meet them."

Like Aragorn, I am riding out, and also like Aragorn, I will look to the East whence cometh my salvation. Whether that salvation is made manifest in this life, or only in the next, is of trifling importance to me.

Look. To. The. East.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #343 on: September 14, 2012, 08:45:50 PM »

I'm not evading the IRS or the Obama regime. I'm calling the bastards out. I'm walking out to meet them.

She's a sweetheart.  Thanks for posting it.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #344 on: September 15, 2012, 01:00:27 AM »
She may very well go to jail, as afraid as Christ was in the garden.  But, she will prevail there, with His protection.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #345 on: September 15, 2012, 09:26:02 AM »
The word surrender is not in her vocabulary, God Bless her!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #346 on: September 15, 2012, 09:27:53 AM »
Egan-Jones first to give a downgrade, props to the BenBernanke for a job well done...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49037337

Expect the others to follow suit...unless Prez Downgrade was successful in getting to some of them...

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #347 on: September 25, 2012, 05:15:01 PM »
More middle class kicked to the curb by Obama via his fossil fuel hating EPA!

The coal industry has been hit by competition from cheap natural gas, but Alpha made clear in its announcement that an equal problem is a Washington “regulatory environment that’s aggressively aimed at constraining the use of coal.” That’s a direct reference to the deluge of Obama Environmental Protection Agency regulations designed to force the closure of coal-fired power plants.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/09/leading-coal-company-will-lay-off-1200-workers-blames-obama-epa-regulations/

Hope y'all vote early and vote often to toss the SCoaMF to the curb in return!!!

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #348 on: September 26, 2012, 12:27:58 AM »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #349 on: September 26, 2012, 07:30:08 AM »
More proof Obama is a Muslim?

His power is targeting the Pork-eating Infidels!

::gaah::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #350 on: September 26, 2012, 11:35:40 AM »
The coming bacon shortage.

Great.....In obama rationale, he is creating pork in the new obama economy and must balance it by ending pork as a food product.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #351 on: October 05, 2012, 06:46:12 AM »
Isn't it amazing how the Obama Regime does all it can to remove people from the official numbers (I wonder if those people know they don't matter to Obama even though I would think they would be in the 47%...I wonder how they'll vote?) and yet the rate holds steady above 8% (and in this case is expected to creep up to 8.2%)?!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49290835

This is winning Obama-style...

::)

ETA - Yeah, here we go...7.8% my fat   ::cussing::  !

Complete preelection "massaging" farce.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-10-05/nfp-prints-114k-top-expectations-115k-unemployment-rate-tumbles-78-expectations-82

C**cksucking Obama Regime does it again!

::effu::
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 07:49:46 AM by Libertas »

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #352 on: October 05, 2012, 11:56:31 AM »
  This guy does more magic tricks than Harry Potter.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #353 on: October 05, 2012, 03:53:06 PM »
Jack Welch , retired CEO of G.E. says there's something that doesn't smell right about these numbers . Apparently , Wall Street agrees because the best the Dow could come up with was a 34 point increase for the day . Why would they hold back on such dramatically improved numbers unless they just flat out don't believe them ? Not a single one of the top 25 economists in the country saw a dip below 8.1% and most were leaning toward 8.2% . This is rank dishonesty on a criminal level if it can be proved that the Labor Dept. cooked the books to give Stymie a political advantage .  I'm inclined to believe that's the case .

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #354 on: October 05, 2012, 04:31:18 PM »
It was last month...or maybe the month before we had the same job growth and the unemployment rate inched up .2. You knew this was gonna happen. Gotta gets the huddled masses minds off the debate and unto the wunderment that is BO.

Obama said he would drop unemployment...who knew his strategy would be to shrink the workforce, kick them to the curb and use a dishonest number. Frankly, I'm shocked. ::falldownshocked::
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #355 on: October 05, 2012, 04:36:07 PM »
Jack Welch , retired CEO of G.E. says there's something that doesn't smell right about these numbers . Apparently , Wall Street agrees because the best the Dow could come up with was a 34 point increase for the day . Why would they hold back on such dramatically improved numbers unless they just flat out don't believe them ? Not a single one of the top 25 economists in the country saw a dip below 8.1% and most were leaning toward 8.2% . This is rank dishonesty on a criminal level if it can be proved that the Labor Dept. cooked the books to give Stymie a political advantage .  I'm inclined to believe that's the case .

Read this earlier, SH:

Statistics such as the unemployment rate are often misleading even when done properly. Personally (although I don’t doubt Obama would do it if he could, and if he felt it necessary), I’m with Keith Hall, former commissioner of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, who had this to say:

There ’s nothing wrong with the numbers. The only issue is the interpretation of the numbers. The numbers are what they are.

The article goes on:

The unemployment rate estimate is derived from a survey of households, which came up with an estimate that 863,000 jobs were added for the month.

But the separate establishment survey from which the official payrolls number is derived reported a more modest seasonally adjusted gain of 114,000 jobs in September. That was below the consensus forecast of 118,000, though the previous two months were revised higher.

Mr. Hall said the inconsistent reports reflect the different samples used in the two surveys, one focused on households the other on businesses. The establishment survey has a huge sample size of 141,000 business and agencies covering 486,000 worksites, whereas the household survey covers just 60,000 homes.

“The household survey is much smaller. When you look at something like labor force and employment levels, the uncertainty of those numbers is much larger,” said Mr. Hall. “Within two months, the household survey could show the unemployment rate eking back up.”

(ADDENDUM: Paul Mirengoff of Powerline points out a good illustration of what Keith Hall was talking about, concerning the household survey numbers vs. the business survey (emphasis mine):

So how did the Department of Labor come up with an unemployment rate that indicates significant improvement in the jobs picture? It found the alleged improvement through its survey of households. As Hassett explains, the Labor Department’s jobs report is always based on two surveys, one of households and one of establishments.

Professional economists and the press usually emphasize the establishment survey because it is considered less volatile. This month, that survey continues to show the usual weakness in the job market. But the household survey purports to show massive improvement.

Hassett says that during the Bush presidency, the MSM discounted the household survey whenever it revealed good news, claiming that the numbers are suspect. I find the latest household survey numbers — coming just before the climax of this election and contradicting more reliable data — to be suspect, indeed.

Again, it’s the spin that differs. By offering several numbers from which to pick and choose, the BLS gives the MSM the opportunity to tell the public which one is the more important, based on whether they want to help or hurt the administration.

So, there are two ways to "count" and, it seems to me, the counters are not in the least disconcerted that the results from both don't coordinate or confirm each other, instead they'll use whatever fits their narrative.

If this bullspit was all one ever heard, one would indeed begin to question if there is a Truth.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #356 on: October 05, 2012, 04:38:17 PM »

Its a poll. Which makes it perfect for manipulation.  Oh its an "outlier" - they happen sometimes. Meanwhile the Dems get to run around touting it as a real improvement until the next poll. Amazing how this outlier turned up this week, and obviously everyone else (including Gallop)  has determined the same.  Lie. Cheat. Steal.  The Democrat motto.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #357 on: October 05, 2012, 04:40:29 PM »

If this bullspit was all one ever heard, one would indeed begin to question if there is a Truth.

The Shills in the media need to be tried as traitors right along with Obama and the rest of his cronies.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #358 on: October 05, 2012, 04:45:38 PM »

The Shills in the media need to be tried as traitors right along with Obama and the rest of his cronies.

And that's just to start, imo ......

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #359 on: October 05, 2012, 04:46:55 PM »
This looks like as good a time as any to mention that I am really looking forward to locking and retiring this thread as soon as the fag is gone.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.