Author Topic: The O'Bama Depression Thread  (Read 73606 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The O'Bama Depression Thread
« Reply #380 on: November 02, 2012, 09:10:25 AM »
What new (cough!) jobs there are...must be McJobs...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-11-02/and-not-so-pretty-record-low-rise-average-hourly-wages

Work for less, and like it!  Back to work, peasant! 
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #381 on: November 02, 2012, 11:26:26 AM »

charlesoakwood

« Reply #382 on: November 02, 2012, 11:44:34 AM »

Just a tad short of a 100% increase in unemployment since he was elected.  If he's re-elected it will compound.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #383 on: November 08, 2012, 11:48:15 AM »
Market has been crapping itself yesterday and its still struggling today.

Now, we have McD's showing problems.

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/20039869/mcdonalds-sales-drops-for-first-time-since-2003

I guess all those new arrivals on food stamps are forced to the grocery store now and McD's is suffering the most as a result.

And Californication's economy will no doubt take some more hits...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324439804578104854095658918.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsThird

::saywhat::   ::hysterical::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #385 on: November 09, 2012, 01:20:51 PM »
My old employer, today, closed its branch in Nashville, Atlanta, buffalo and a few others. Don't know if it is true, but was told if the election went Romney, they would wait a year to make these decisions. I spoke to a couple of my old employees. Sad. Two worked there for 20 years.

I told them to get signed up for every program they can find.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #386 on: November 09, 2012, 07:10:37 PM »
My old employer, today, closed its branch in Nashville, Atlanta, buffalo and a few others. Don't know if it is true, but was told if the election went Romney, they would wait a year to make these decisions. I spoke to a couple of my old employees. Sad. Two worked there for 20 years.

I told them to get signed up for every program they can find.

20 years,what a shame.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #387 on: November 10, 2012, 09:36:31 AM »
Life is cheap, we will soon test the floor.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #388 on: November 10, 2012, 10:53:47 AM »
This thread is a little over a year old and twenty pages long already.  Can't wait to see the length of it after four more years.  Yay.   >:(
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #389 on: November 10, 2012, 12:19:30 PM »
Yeah, Yay.   ::puke::   ::gaah::    ::rockets::

But in an odd twist of fate it has to get worse, or people will fail to feel the lesson in their bones...

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #391 on: November 10, 2012, 05:36:15 PM »

The only thing which warms my heart over these layoffs is the fact most are headquartered in the northeast. Lets see how that Obama vote feels when they are laid off. Asshats.

That's just it though, they're not putting 2 and 2 together. To some extent, they don't have to. They don't have to because the loving embrace of Nanny is there. There with 99 weeks of unemployment, there with SNAP and WIC benefits, there with EBT cards, there with rent control and rent assistance, and so on.

Rush alluded to this several times in the lead up to this election. His description was "People aren't working, but they're not starving. They aren't working but they've got flat screens and cell phones."
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #392 on: November 10, 2012, 09:17:35 PM »

The only thing which warms my heart over these layoffs is the fact most are headquartered in the northeast. Lets see how that Obama vote feels when they are laid off. Asshats.

That's just it though, they're not putting 2 and 2 together. To some extent, they don't have to. They don't have to because the loving embrace of Nanny is there. There with 99 weeks of unemployment, there with SNAP and WIC benefits, there with EBT cards, there with rent control and rent assistance, and so on.

Rush alluded to this several times in the lead up to this election. His description was "People aren't working, but they're not starving. They aren't working but they've got flat screens and cell phones."

I read VDH's article from a day or two ago on the election.  He said back in the summer he talked to a guy in Michigan voting for BO.  VDH reminded the guy about the $25B bailout, etc etc and the guy said he didn't care because his son had a job (because of BO). THEY DON'T CARE IF WE'RE GOING OVER A CLIFF.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #393 on: November 10, 2012, 09:32:16 PM »

I read VDH's article from a day or two ago on the election.  He said back in the summer he talked to a guy in Michigan voting for BO.  VDH reminded the guy about the $25B bailout, etc etc and the guy said he didn't care because his son had a job (because of BO). THEY DON'T CARE IF WE'RE GOING OVER A CLIFF.

*snort*  Apparently we conservatives are late to the game of every man for himself.

O. kay.  I can do that.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #394 on: November 10, 2012, 09:45:02 PM »
My parents were kids during the depression. They grew up seeing true desperate times - you know - not like not having fresh batteries for your nintendo but more like not having a GD thing to eat and a house with a dirt floor.

It's been long enough now that most who lived through those times are gone now - or their minds are so gone they don't remember. So, effectively, we do not have a genetic memory as Americans what it was like to be poor. I have come close a couple of times. Living in my van. My liquid assets loose change in my pocket.

Most people haven't experienced it and since the Free Shyt Party has learned how to pander  for votes few will....for just a little longer. I do believe that this is all going to come tumbling down - even more strongly than before the election. I think that our collective fates are now sealed. The comments I see from the left suggest exactly the opposite. Without a shred of objective evidence to substantiate their position they feeeeeeeel that everything is going to be ham~n~jam.

I've seen others try to gently pry the tiniest bit of rational thought out of them to share their secret to success but I have yet to see a single one offer anything up. In other words they hold their view as an article of faith. Faith in the ØbaMessiah I guess.

Øbongo never did more than hint at what he was apt to try to get the country going again (that is, of course because his only plan is to continue to bleed us), but these folks aren't showing any signs of fear - yet. And I doubt that they will, even as energy prices and food prices skyrocket this winter, along with spot shortages of both food and fuel across the country.

I hold that they won't start to panic until the checks stop coming, or the banks shutter their doors.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #395 on: November 10, 2012, 10:21:20 PM »

This thread is a little over a year old and twenty pages long already.  Can't wait to see the length of it after four more years.  Yay.   >:(

I'd like to say that I'm the proud father of this thread but after last Tuesday I wish this thread had been strangled at birth.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #396 on: November 10, 2012, 10:22:10 PM »
My parents were kids during the depression. They grew up seeing true desperate times - you know - not like not having fresh batteries for your nintendo but more like not having a GD thing to eat and a house with a dirt floor.

It's been long enough now that most who lived through those times are gone now - or their minds are so gone they don't remember. So, effectively, we do not have a genetic memory as Americans what it was like to be poor. I have come close a couple of times. Living in my van. My liquid assets loose change in my pocket.

Most people haven't experienced it...

My mom grew up in the rural south during the depression.  My father lived in a comfortable middle class-like existence during the depression.  It created tension between them occassionally.  Some of my mother's "cheapness" or frugality rubbed off on me.  My husband while he likes to claim that his family had hard times, he never had to experience it.  His parents made sure the kids were never affected if there were hard times.  I grew up turning out lights to save money.  My husband doesn't think it saves anything.  We went camping.  My husband went skiing and stayed at DisneyWorld.  His mother bought the premade cookie mix for cookie baking.  My mom made cookies completely from scratch.  I make cookies from scratch.  My husband drives to the store to get cookies.

My father was quite a bit older than my mom and served in WWII when my mom was still a child.  My mother was the baby in her family.  Her brothers served in WWII when she was little.  The influences I grew up with were people who never forgot the depression or the price of war.  To this day I feel a connection to my mother's family and their experiences.  I feel like I carry of part of them in me.  As for my father, he was very proud of his army service and in our family the "greatest" generation had an influence on us and even during the Vietnam War it was as if WWII had just happened a few years before.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #397 on: November 10, 2012, 10:24:06 PM »

Most people haven't experienced it and since the Free Shyt Party has learned how to pander  for votes few will....for just a little longer. I do believe that this is all going to come tumbling down - even more strongly than before the election. I think that our collective fates are now sealed. The comments I see from the left suggest exactly the opposite. Without a shred of objective evidence to substantiate their position they feeeeeeeel that everything is going to be ham~n~jam.

I've seen others try to gently pry the tiniest bit of rational thought out of them to share their secret to success but I have yet to see a single one offer anything up. In other words they hold their view as an article of faith. Faith in the ØbaMessiah I guess.

Øbongo never did more than hint at what he was apt to try to get the country going again (that is, of course because his only plan is to continue to bleed us), but these folks aren't showing any signs of fear - yet. And I doubt that they will, even as energy prices and food prices skyrocket this winter, along with spot shortages of both food and fuel across the country.

I hold that they won't start to panic until the checks stop coming, or the banks shutter their doors.

They can starve in the cold dark for all I care.  I used to think I wouldn't be able to harden my heart toward 'em, particularly if there were children, but screw all that.  I'm done talking -- prepare, prepare, prepare, bad times are coming, look at the data -- now I'm just a-shuttin' up and watching my ps & qs.

It's tough love or tough, period, if you prefer.  Any helping of them will avert the lesson they are meant to learn and I intend to not help them avoid learning it.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #398 on: November 10, 2012, 10:27:41 PM »
I'm personally hoping that the House can't get enough votes to increase the debt ceiling. That will screw over the BO admin better than anything I can think of.

I don't see why going into default is all that bad an option. I mean...it's a pay me now or pay me later kind of thing. I say to just get it over with. We are going to take it in the shorts no matter what so lets just do it.

Plus, we have the very satisfying experience of watching the SCOAMF sputter and flounder like the imbecile he is. That has to be worth something.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 10:32:56 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #399 on: November 11, 2012, 11:25:28 AM »
"It's tough love or tough, period, if you prefer.  Any helping of them will avert the lesson they are meant to learn and I intend to not help them avoid learning it."

Yup, feel it in their bones, and it won't be felt by just a default, that just isn't painful enough, and expecting Boehner to not play along with Stymie is not the side of the bet I'd lay cash on.