Author Topic: The O'Bama Depression Thread  (Read 73781 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: The O'Bama Depression Thread
« Reply #400 on: November 11, 2012, 12:25:53 PM »
I'm personally hoping that the House can't get enough votes to increase the debt ceiling. That will screw over the BO admin better than anything I can think of.

I don't see why going into default is all that bad an option. I mean...it's a pay me now or pay me later kind of thing. I say to just get it over with. We are going to take it in the shorts no matter what so lets just do it.

Plus, we have the very satisfying experience of watching the SCOAMF sputter and flounder like the imbecile he is. That has to be worth something.

Of course, we know that's not going to happen. Boo Hoo Boehner has already folded like a lawn chair, and the administration hadn't even publicly pressured him yet.

I'm rather of the mind now that they should just give the Democrats absolutely every single thing they want. As Rush put it, just take a page out of Obongo's book and vote present from now on.

Raise the debt ceiling by $2.4 trillion?  Why stop there?  If I were the House Republicans I'd propose in dramatic fashion "How about....a trillion, trillion!"  Might as well make a mockery of this on the way down.  The Democrats have hit an electoral gold mine by pandering to a fundamentally unserious population, and it has now sealed the fate of an entire country.  Give the a-holes everything they want now.  The end is near, so it won't really matter anyway.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #401 on: November 11, 2012, 12:30:16 PM »
Yup, I said $100T but pick a number, who cares?  It's just a number, right?

Nice idea about voting present.

Oh, and with Dingy cutting back minority rights, the Senate is going to rubberstamp EVERYTHING, especially UN treaties hostile to the ocnstitution, but the constitution is but a minor impediment to the Left now, they can openly defy it and change it as they have long desired...we are in the age of unaccountability, cowardice and indifference...as long as the looters get their smokes, cable TV, booze, birth control, free healthcare and Obamaphones there will be no dissent...and what dissent there is will be crushed...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #402 on: November 11, 2012, 01:22:36 PM »

Oh, and with Dingy cutting back minority rights, the Senate is going to rubberstamp EVERYTHING, especially UN treaties hostile to the ocnstitution, but the constitution is but a minor impediment to the Left now, they can openly defy it and change it as they have long desired...we are in the age of unaccountability, cowardice and indifference...as long as the looters get their smokes, cable TV, booze, birth control, free healthcare and Obamaphones there will be no dissent...and what dissent there is will be crushed...

When Bush was in office and the Senate Republican majority was considering the same action because they couldn't get hearings for the judges' nominations, the Presstitutes were SCREAMING about it, using the term "NUCLEAR OPTION".  Remember that?  Heard that phrase lately for what Reid is proposing?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #403 on: November 11, 2012, 01:47:16 PM »

When Bush was in office and the Senate Republican majority was considering the same action because they couldn't get hearings for the judges' nominations, the Presstitutes were SCREAMING about it, using the term "NUCLEAR OPTION".  Remember that?  Heard that phrase lately for what Reid is proposing?

Not a peep, shocking, I know...

::)   ::gaah::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #404 on: November 12, 2012, 07:21:41 AM »
Ben - "Ctrl-P damnit, Ctrl-P!"

Timmy - "WTF?  Do it already!"

Lackey - "I'm hitting it, I'm hitting, it!  This isn't working!"

(BANG!)

Ben - "Get a new lackey in here and get this thing going!"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-11-11/spot-start-end-keynesian-dream

Why are morons always out to prove that failure means you aren't doing enough of the stupid thing that isn't working anymore?

Whatever...

More!  Break this SOB!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #405 on: November 12, 2012, 06:30:30 PM »
Those damn producers are bailing, shocking I know.   ::)

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49792979

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #406 on: November 12, 2012, 08:19:04 PM »
Those damn producers are bailing, shocking I know.   ::)

Yea, suddenly faced with paying " their fair share", Hollywood sells before their fair share goes way up.

The tax which will effect, or hurt IMO, the most will be hiking taxes on estates, especially if it goes down to 1 million. This will affect more people than we can ever imagine. I know this could have a huge negative effect on my family. One million dollars used to be a lot of money, but today, while still a good bit, there are many families who cross this threshold.

I can't imagine the shock and surprise, after finding a family has a value of 1.5 million dollars upon death, that 800 k will be taken in taxes, forcing liquidation of assets to pay.

I believe there will be a special place in hell for those who find their satisfaction from the envy that encompasses thier pitiful life.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #407 on: November 13, 2012, 02:54:43 PM »
I believe there will be a special place in hell for those who find their satisfaction from the envy that encompasses thier pitiful life.

Save room for the ones who dreamed up this f*cking death tax.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #408 on: November 13, 2012, 03:06:54 PM »

This will be another foot dragging to the economy.

Fearing an increase in capital gains and dividend taxes, many of the rich are unloading stocks, businesses and homes before the end of the year.

Wealth advisors say that with capital-gains taxes potentially going to 25 percent from 15 percent, and other possible increases in the dividend tax, estate tax and other taxes, many clients are selling now to save millions in taxes.

Remember the boat builders that went out of business when Clinton imposed the luxury tax?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #409 on: November 13, 2012, 05:06:56 PM »
There are the known knowns, the known unknowns and the unknown unknowns, (look at that often enough and "known" starts to lose all meaning) which is to say there will be the usual and unusual raft of unintended consequences.

I heard a report the other day of a county (somewhere) that estimated Obamacare is going to cost them $300 million more for insurance plans for their school system alone.

Now ....

.... property taxes usually pay for teachers' and administrators' salary and bennies.  I want to see the county Commissioners or whoever turn to the county property owners and tell them that in addition to forking over thousands more for their own medical insurance, property tax increases will be raised 200% to cover government school staff. That's going to sit real well with people out of work and barely holding onto to their homes, I betcha.

The choices will be to fire some teachers (admin never seems to take it in the shorts; funny 'bout that); beg from the State (already broke) or the Feds (even broker); face a tax revolt and a turnover of the Board of Commissioners next go 'round.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #410 on: November 14, 2012, 07:35:32 AM »

Save room for the ones who dreamed up this f*cking death tax.

Oh hell...I mean Hell is always open!  Sure would be nice to expedite the trip!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #411 on: November 15, 2012, 08:18:56 AM »
Claims blow up, of course no election sandbagging happened, this all Sandy's fault dontchyaknow?!

/

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-11-15/initial-claims-soar-439k-non-seasonally-adjusted-surge-whopping-104548-one-week

Screw 'em, more layoffs coming, hope more bidnez'z have Wyatt Fires!

::mooning::  looters! 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #412 on: November 15, 2012, 11:34:33 AM »
More "Obama Won" layoffs (OK they didn't say that, TI is in Austin for crying out loud!) -

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49835852

And I am glad people are coming up with stuff like this -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2233221/Dennys-charge-5-Obamacare-surcharge-cut-employee-hours-deal-cost-legislation.html

I told my BIL the contractor we need to whip up an Obama Surcharge to cover ObamaCare tax, higher income taxes and increased regulation!

Pass that shyt along, don't like it?  Too damn bad!

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #413 on: November 15, 2012, 12:29:55 PM »
More "Obama Won" layoffs (OK they didn't say that, TI is in Austin for crying out loud!) -

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49835852

And I am glad people are coming up with stuff like this -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2233221/Dennys-charge-5-Obamacare-surcharge-cut-employee-hours-deal-cost-legislation.html

I told my BIL the contractor we need to whip up an Obama Surcharge to cover ObamaCare tax, higher income taxes and increased regulation!

Pass that shyt along, don't like it?  Too damn bad!

An obama tax....I like it.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #414 on: November 30, 2012, 07:46:19 AM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #415 on: January 04, 2013, 11:28:05 AM »
More BS numbers released today, really the only thing woth noting is the continued rise in unemployment in the youth sector...bodes well for increased wilding, beatings, rape...etc etc...

http://washingtonexaminer.com/youth-unemployment-11.5-percent-22.1-percent-for-young-blacks/article/2517561

Barackalypse Now really helping dem young blacks, yo!

::hysterical::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #416 on: January 04, 2013, 12:48:05 PM »

Inexorable.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #417 on: January 04, 2013, 06:47:22 PM »
Unavoidable, unrelenting...unforgivable.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #418 on: January 14, 2013, 07:25:05 AM »

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/01/its-an-obama-world-long-term-unemployment-at-highest-level-since-wwii/

I'm sure the Great Destroyer, the Lord High Obama can push that higher...that momentary dip at the end there is just an abberation, as I am sure he can assure us...

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #419 on: January 16, 2013, 09:42:23 AM »
Updated Charts of the Debt, by fiscal year (Sept-Sept),Annually,  and as a gross number - as usual the data comes from Debt to the Penny at the treasury

Annually

Fiscal Year

Gross Debt

And for Grins,  the original Obama budget predictions: