Author Topic: McConnell Talking Tough  (Read 4988 times)

Offline rickl

• Established Member
Re: McConnell Talking Tough
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 06:00:48 PM »
Good one.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2011, 06:33:48 PM »

F.U. comes to mid I just don't know why.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline what the Hell?

• Newb
  • Congress at Work!
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2011, 07:00:00 PM »
 Once again Repubs may be capitulating as the hour draws near......fear not I've been thinking
again ::thinking:: Both Treasury Sec and POTUS feel we can still operate after debt ceiling is reached for the 2nd time. Answer Change your Federal witholding taxes to ZERO. NO MONEY No spending.Also, if their going to not pay Federal SS and other retirement then I'll make it up by keeping MY MONEY andwithold the witholding. All in favor
                                                                 PS former I  R  S
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 07:05:30 PM by what the Hell? »
We are what we elect, stupid!!!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2011, 07:10:53 PM »
Once again Repubs may be capitulating as the hour draws near......fear not I've been thinking
again ::thinking:: Both Treasury Sec and POTUS feel we can can't still operate after debt ceiling is reached for the 2nd time. Answer Change your Federal witholding taxes to ZERO. NO MONEY No spending.Also, if their going to not pay Federal SS and other retirement then I'll make it up by keeping MY MONEY andwithold the witholding. All in favor
                                                                 PS former I  R  S

There,fixed that for you.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 07:54:51 PM by John Florida »
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline what the Hell?

• Newb
  • Congress at Work!
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2011, 07:38:35 PM »
This is not just a fix for me, we can ALL adjust are witholding of Federal taxes [However you'll probably pay a small penalty for under paying and having a balance due at filing] ::evilbat:: So what it will give you inner peace knowing you actually helped bring down POTUS et al

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2011, 07:54:32 PM »
This is not just a fix for me, we can ALL adjust are witholding of Federal taxes [However you'll probably pay a small penalty for under paying and having a balance due at filing] ::evilbat:: So what it will give you inner peace knowing you actually helped bring down POTUS et al

I think you missed the word I changed in you first statement.I'll try to make it bigger.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline what the Hell?

• Newb
  • Congress at Work!
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2011, 08:06:46 PM »
YOU missed the word "feel". There is more going on here then meets the eye from MY perspective. What they are saying to MSM is "political" response to R's. i believe that THEY think that no debt limit change  and default [BTW we have $1.6$T in T-bills on OUR US balance sheet, there will be no "true" default,plenty $$$$] would help them in 2012 win elections. Still change w/h to zero dont give the bastards any more of YOUR money till the end; filed return with necessary funds OR even file w/o paying [no jail here] and ask for a payment plan or reduction in amount owed, I've seen it many times!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2011, 02:46:11 PM »
Yeah, nobody (especially a younger hardworking conservative trying to pull together a common sense answer like Ryan) likes to get thrown under the bus, but to be tossed under the wheels by the leader of your party in the Senate?  Can the wind suck out of your sails faster some other way?  No real conservative should ever approach Mitch as a friend, ever.  If you can't replace that crap via your caucus, you work around it, ignore it or tell it to bugger off!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2011, 04:13:03 PM »
Yeah, nobody (especially a younger hardworking conservative trying to pull together a common sense answer like Ryan) likes to get thrown under the bus, but to be tossed under the wheels by the leader of your party in the Senate?  Can the wind suck out of your sails faster some other way?  No real conservative should ever approach Mitch as a friend, ever.  If you can't replace that crap via your caucus, you work around it, ignore it or tell it to bugger off!

Well, it appears Pelousy congratulated McConnell as well, for a job well-done.

That should tell you everything you need to know about McConnell's "plan", which is to leave Duh Wun in the position of total ownership of any future rise of the debt ceiling.  Which would be just ducky ~~ Obama gets the blame ~~ except for when he's done, there will be nothing left of this country.  It may be "good politics", but game-playing time is OVER.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2011, 04:56:10 PM »
Although he's opposed to McConnell's plan of making Duh Wun "own" the rise in the debt ceiling by giving him a free pass, Erick Erickson of RedState avers the debt ceiling must be raised sooner or later.

Anybody have a clear explanation of why that is?

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2011, 07:44:47 PM »
Although he's opposed to McConnell's plan of making Duh Wun "own" the rise in the debt ceiling by giving him a free pass, Erick Erickson of RedState avers the debt ceiling must be raised sooner or later.

No, although it's nearly universal "conventional wisdom". 

I trust Karl Denninger more than government or MSM economists and pundits.  He says that refusal to raise the debt limit will force the government to live within its means.  Since most of the growth in GDP in the past 30 years has been due to government deficit spending, it will result in an immediate 10-12% drop in GDP.  But he says this is necessary in order to flush the bad debt out of the economy and allow a true recovery.  It should have been done in 2008.  TARP saved the big banks, but did not address the bad debt.  Without TARP (and the stimulus), we would have had a brief but severe depression, but we would be well on the way to recovery by now.  The longer we put off the reckoning, the worse it will be when it does happen.

In short, refusal to raise the debt limit will force the government to acknowledge that we are in fact in a depression right now, not a recession.  Needless to say, the statists don't want to do that.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

charlesoakwood

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2011, 08:59:02 PM »

Yeah, Eric is a politician.

see next post for some red blooded meat or bloody red meat

charlesoakwood

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2011, 09:00:15 PM »

Bernanke Confirms QE3 A Go
Posted by Ann Barnhardt - July 13, AD 2011 9:42 AM MST
"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; when you see that men get rich more easily by graft than by work, and your laws no longer protect you against them, but protect them against you...you may know that your society is doomed."
- Ayn Rand - Atlas Shrugged

Citation Here.

You knew this was coming. Also, the fake "debt ceiling" will be raised by $2T. Geithner told Congress on May 4th that that was what was going to happen, repeatedly stressing that "they" needed $2T to spend BEFORE THE ELECTION. Everything was relative to the date of the 2012 election. I PROMISE YOU, the Republicans will fold within days and the original $2T demand from Geithner WILL be given to Obama. Mitch McConnell has already leaked how it will be done - in three "installments". Everything you are seeing right now is pure theater. And we are falling for it like the total chumps that we are.

Here is the May 4th citation:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/04/us-usa-budget-limit-idUSTRE7434UG20110504

Talk is starting to enter the metals trade that gold could be on the brink of a massive "parabolic" run akin to the Minneapolis Wheat market of 2008, wherein the price of wheat increased almost 500%. Assuming a starting point of $1500 gold, that would take gold to $7500 per ounce. But don't worry. I'm sure that will have ZERO effect on crude oil prices - or at the very least will be offset by all of the wonderful efficiency advances in "green energy".

One more time, because people still aren't comprehending this. Bernanke is not trying to "help" the economy. Bernanke does not actually believe that printing more money is going to "help" or "stimulate" anything, because actually stimulating the economy is NOT his objective. His objective, with the Obama-Soros regime, is collapsing and destroying the economy. Bernanke is not "surprised" at the fact that economic growth is nil and that there is no recovery. No one is that stupid. Don't get me wrong - Bernanke is indeed stupid - but NO ONE IS THAT STUPID. Bernanke is a criminal and a liar who, for some reason, be it bribery, threats against him or his family, or just plain Marxist malice, is consciously trying to collapse the economy. Read this over and over again until you fully understand. There is no rational explanation for any of this, just as there is no rational explanation for throwing gasoline on a fire that you claim you are trying to extinguish. We are at war, and these people are the enemy just as sure as the Nazis and Japanese were the enemy in WW2.

Silver is up 2.50 per ounce and gold is making new all-time highs, and we will probably see $1600 gold by Friday's close. Corn is up 70 cents per bushel since YESTERDAY.

Guys, when I say no naked short hedges and stay the hell out of the way, I really, really mean it. Shorting an inflationary market is not managing your risk. It is suicide. The reason these brokers and consultants keep preaching to you that you need to "hedge" is because they are imbeciles who only know a few buzzwords and catchphrases, which they parrot mindlessly because that is all they can do. They aren't "smart". My God, they can't even figure out that being short in an inflating market is going to result in UNNECESSARY LOSSES and will convert your physical commodity inventory back into evaporating U.S. dollars. If the risk is wealth destruction from holding U.S. dollars, how stupid do you have to be to recommend that people convert their physical assets back into U.S. dollars via uber-leveraged derivatives - and then call that "risk management"? Seriously. Sit in stillness with that.

UPDATE: Here is Ron Paul grilling Bernanke this morning. Bernanke actually says that gold is not money and the only reason central banks hold it is "tradition". I kid you not. If gold isn't money, then there is no money. Think about that for a moment.

Ron Paul vs Bernanke: Is Gold Money? - July 13, 2011

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2011, 09:04:03 PM »

Yeah, Eric is a politician.

see next post for some red blooded meat or bloody red meat

Which means that they are pathologically incapable of living within their our means.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2011, 09:09:51 PM »
I love Ann Barnhardt.  I want to fix her up with Karl Denninger.  Together they would breed a race of supermen.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2011, 10:34:24 PM »
The so-called conventional wisdom calling for the limit to be raised are just weak canaries in a broken birdcage...look at the real damage being done to the dollar and the markets by states not biting the bullet and trimming their bloated social welfare states, the policies of Bernanke & turbo Timmy, the addiction to spending by DemonRats in the WH & Congress!  Really, what could a technical default do?  Plus, they are all lying about a default & SS payments anyway, the real deadline is later, pay the interest and prioritize spending and send the SS checks & pay the military paychecks...but Stymie says no extension and taxes are a must.  He wants to play fast & loose with constitutional authority and create a real crisis lets see how SCOTUS ends the Executive/Legislative feud!

Call the dick's bluff, all pressure is on him, despite what he, his minions and the MFM say!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2011, 10:38:20 PM »
The so-called conventional wisdom calling for the limit to be raised are just weak canaries in a broken birdcage...look at the real damage being done to the dollar and the markets by states not biting the bullet and trimming their bloated social welfare states, the policies of Bernanke & turbo Timmy, the addiction to spending by DemonRats in the WH & Congress!  Really, what could a technical default do?  Plus, they are all lying about a default & SS payments anyway, the real deadline is later, pay the interest and prioritize spending and send the SS checks & pay the military paychecks...but Stymie says no extension and taxes are a must.  He wants to play fast & loose with constitutional authority and create a real crisis lets see how SCOTUS ends the Executive/Legislative feud!

Call the dick's bluff, all pressure is on him, despite what he, his minions and the MFM say!

I don't care about him; he can be handled if the Republicans get their ducks in a row and the conservatives stop talking the "we'll need to raise the debt ceiling now or later" bullsh i t.

Make him, and the Dems, really own it.  Force them into cancelling the SS checks and paying the military and get out there every day and point out the unnecessity of doing so.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2011, 10:50:06 PM »

I don't care about him; he can be handled if the Republicans get their ducks in a row and the conservatives stop talking the "we'll need to raise the debt ceiling now or later" bullsh i t.

Make him, and the Dems, really own it.  Force them into cancelling the SS checks and paying the military and get out there every day and point out the unnecessity of doing so.
   ::thumbsup::

That's part A, part B is explaining to the people what is really going on.
They should ask for air time from the Alpha Bets and if refused offer to buy air time and if refused that is one more part of the story they will need to get out on the u-tube and every other media and enlist every one of us to help which we will if we actually see them acting as patriots.

If we see them acting as patriots and are asked to help how could we resist?  Not a chance.  What do you want me to do, sir?