Author Topic: McConnell Talking Tough  (Read 5062 times)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: McConnell Talking Tough
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2011, 11:34:21 PM »
The libs know, if they keep the pressure up, a repub will crack.

I'm not sure what goes thru a Mitchs mind to cave, but it needs to stop.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2011, 07:11:22 AM »
We do have to cut through the fog of lies The Regime & MFM are spreading...there is no reason for default and no constiutional basis for dictatorial raising of the limit by the executive.

But somebody has to gag/medicate/handcuff Mytch and ban him from speaking to the public.  Cantor & Ryan should be running our show.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2011, 09:29:49 AM »

‘All This Is About Who Gets the Blame.’

Charles Krauthammer on Fox News All-Stars [linked at ‘] site], in the context of the debt ceiling fracas:

[blockquote]
On whether House Republicans have enough power to force a politically successful outcome:
I think what we’re losing sight of here is in the end, all this is about who gets the blame. It’s like with Gingrich and Clinton. . . . Gingrich attempted to govern when the Republicans had [control of] two houses of Congress in the absence of the presidency and were defeated. And now the idea is that Republicans are going to govern and impose all the cuts holding only the House? It’s impossible.
And if they lose the battle here — the public relations battle — it can be like ‘96 all over again. They’re going to lose the presidency. If they want real change, they’re going to have to elect a Republican.
[/blockquote]

This is the part where the blogs are standing athwart history yelling “POST!”

We have got to post blog article after article screaming that the debt crisis is not about whether the Democrat or Republican deck chair arrangement is inferior on our economic Titanic, but rather that the ship has been on a statist course for far too long.

Krauthammer’s realpolitik point certainly captures the Ruling Class vantage point accurately. But the blame game, itself, is mere distraction.

HT: The Other McCain

charlesoakwood

« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2011, 10:19:44 AM »

LINK
[blockquote]
Some are saying Mitch McConnell looked into Barack Obama’s eyes the other day and saw a man who won’t swerve in the game of chicken, so McConnell blinked.

That doesn’t mean Obama won’t swerve. That just means Obama is a better poker player than Mitch McConnell.
[/blockquote]
[blockquote]
Mr. Speaker, you can win this fight. Don’t blink. Bring Cut, Cap, and Balance to the floor. Hold the freaking line. You can do this Mr. Speaker. And if you can’t, we’ll find someone else who can.
[/blockquote]

LINK

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2011, 10:28:30 AM »

I'm not sure what goes thru a Mitchs mind to cave, but it needs to stop.

I only know that we are approaching a time where something will be going through all their Ruling Class minds. I refer to history as the evidence for that.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2011, 02:52:30 PM »

This deserves a topic title but I thought is may have possibly attracted the bot brigade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UUNIeOB0whI#at=14

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2011, 03:12:24 PM »

LINK
[blockquote]
Some are saying Mitch McConnell looked into Barack Obama’s eyes the other day and saw a man who won’t swerve in the game of chicken, so McConnell blinked.

That doesn’t mean Obama won’t swerve. That just means Obama is a better poker player than Mitch McConnell.
[/blockquote]
[blockquote]
Mr. Speaker, you can win this fight. Don’t blink. Bring Cut, Cap, and Balance to the floor. Hold the freaking line. You can do this Mr. Speaker. And if you can’t, we’ll find someone else who can.
[/blockquote]

LINK

Obama already slipped, blinked, swerved or whatthehellever; he "told" on himself when he told Cantor not to call his bluff.

One would hope The Stupids can factor that into their strategery.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2011, 07:12:47 AM »
Yeah, 'Bama sucks at poker, but Repub's suck at winning.  Barry is completely neked and hoping like hell the Repub's revert to their natural position...grabbing their ankles.

If the Repub's give in to him now they might as well resign, because it will get fugly!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2011, 09:16:00 AM »
    Rush described yesterday the reality of McConnell’s plan in four easy steps:

• Give Obama 2.5 trillion dollars
    • Chase off the Tea Party activists
    • Let Obama change the relationship between the Executive and Congress by giving him spending authority
    • Then declare victory

Rush continues to say that in reality it’s Obama who is panicking implying that we shouldn’t give up so easily. And he plays audio from Tim ‘Chicken Little’ Geithner to prove it:
VIDEO LINK

[/list]
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 03:52:14 PM by Charles Oakwood »