Author Topic: Doctors Propose Removing Obese Children from Their Homes  (Read 3739 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Doctors Propose Removing Obese Children from Their Homes
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 07:21:49 AM »
Hey, I gots me a ideer: Why don't we remove obese welfare recipients from the food stamps rolls?

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

I'd like to jump all over that, but then you'd be crucified by the MFM for being a racist hate-filled jerk wanting to hurt poor people.  No doubt the left would demand instead of removal, these people be routed into Jenny Craig programs, Curves, whatever...

But wait, that group would probably balk at being herded into such reeducation camps and make a ruckus...

::thinking::

Maybe that's not such a bad idea after all!

::evil::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2011, 08:39:02 AM »
Ah, too bad. I guess the Obama's will have to get used to life without their daughter Malia then. I wonder what lucky family will get to foster that little piglet?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2011, 11:57:50 AM »
Yeah, but the media is playing this up as intervention is good!  yeah, if you're a parent, coming from the state it's called TYRANNY!

::)

MFM Idiots!

::gaah::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2011, 12:36:31 PM »
It's a short hop and skip from this to state intervention on "behalf" of children for reasons like insufficient exposure to diversity or other tenets of PC dogma (fascist regimes of the past had a generic heading for "anti-social" crime; the USSR considered skepticism of communism evidence of mental illness; IOW there's a precedent for this sort of thing). In fact, haven't we already heard about some kids being forced into public schools for "socialization"? I know that has happened in Canada, but I think there was somewhere in the US too.

The underlying issue is this modern assumption that all ills, real or imagined, can be ameliorated by the heavy hand of the state. People have lost perspective on the fact that respecting and preserving freedom means that sometimes other people will choose to do tacky, distasteful, or self-harming things with their freedom. I am not giving up my own freedom in order to accommodate the Busybodies' demands for the state to eliminate every perceived societal wrong. The example Pandora cited is typical of that ilk, immediately trying to equate parents who maybe let their kids eat too much junk food with things like incest and physical abuse -- because of course those things are separated merely by degrees! I mean where does this end? What about parents who drag uncooperative kids to church every Sunday? I guess they're violating the kids' rights too? I guess what I'm getting at is that we, as a society, have lost sight of the simple reality that sometimes Sh*t Happens. A kid has certain human rights, yes; but likewise parents have the right to rear their own offspring. In cases of actual and direct abuse or negligence, intervention is justified. Anything else, even if it bothers overwrought yuppie housewives to no end, can be filed under "Sh*t Happens" and "Mind Your Own Damn Business".

Are we seriously to be lectured on the subject of child endangerment by the same people who have made it their prime mission to assure there are no hurdles whatsoever to the forcible expulsion of the unborn from their wombs?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2011, 02:45:28 PM »
No, we shouldn't be lectured by this ilk, but it happens...part of the leftnut pol/MFM conspiracy against all things good and decent...anything that advances leftist programs and leftist dogma is deemed good, and the bigger the government and deeper reach it has into peoples lives is a good thing...the elite get privileges the masses don't and anything resisting this force is bad and must and will be destroyed.

Again I come back to motivation and it always looks like pure evil to me.