Author Topic: Some light humor  (Read 1046 times)

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Some light humor
« on: July 13, 2011, 10:36:35 PM »

Little wonder why this guy is boss. He is sharp!
You can't be any fairer than this leader

Dear Employees:

As the CEO of this organization, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barrack Obama is our President and that our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way. To compensate for these increases, our prices would have to increase by about 10%. But since we cannot increase our prices right now due to the dismal state of the economy, we will have to lay off sixty of our employees instead. This has really been bothering me since I believe we are family here and I didn't know how to choose who would have to go.

So, this is what I did. I walked through our parking lots and found sixty 'Obama' bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the ones to let go. I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem. They voted for change......I gave it to them.

I will see the rest of you at the annual company picnic.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Some light humor
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 10:38:37 PM »
 ::clapping::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 10:40:54 PM »
I only wish.

As with the employees who claim they pay no taxes because, "look, I got a refund".  Pink slipped, mutha!

BRAVO!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 10:46:52 PM »
That would, of course, never happen unless the employer wanted to find himself in court defending against wrongful termination. Documenting your discrimination merely makes it a slam dunk for the plaintiff.

It might have a chance of working if he announced at a public company meeting that he was going to select names "randomly" from a hat (or some other such container holding slips of paper with names). If he were to do that he could make sure it was rigged to draw only the names he wanted to select.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 10:55:53 PM »
It's a damned shame that things don't work out like this in real life.

The fools that I work for recently decided to trim 'waste' by eliminating the facilities guys in favor of outsourcing. This is their last week. Some of them 20+ year employees.

Imbeciles!

(I love my job; I love my job; I love my job)

::cussing::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 07:07:51 AM »
I only wish.

As with the employees who claim they pay no taxes because, "look, I got a refund".  Pink slipped, mutha!

BRAVO!

Those people are what we call imbeciles.  They may get most of what they contributed in Fed & State taxes back, but they have no fricken clue they just gave Unca Shug an interest free loan, and they do not get the SS & Medicare deductions back (and maybe never will)!  Plus, the employer pays Fed & State unemployment in addition to their match in SS & Medicare...these mindless urchins are completely unaware of that.

Another compelling argument to repeal withholding.  If people, even perhaps these imbeciles, saw the tax bill they owe at the end of the year in total, perhaps they'd be singing a different tune!  Withholding is just another tool of the statists to control the masses and get them accustomed to enslavement to the state!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 10:20:55 AM »
They should try life as an independent contractor if they want to see what their tax burden really is. Not only do you have to pay your full tax bill on all that income that was not subject to withholding, they will penalize you for not giving it to them in a timely enough manner. No, it's not enough that you pay your tax burden in full, that "interest free loan" is a mandatory part of the deal, otherwise you'll end up compensating them for it in the form of late payment penalties.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 11:43:28 AM »
Yup.

And in Minnesota you have prevailing wage BS (union wage scales) imposed on bid winners, 2% withholding on construction workers that used be temp labor, all sorts of regulatory BS and grotesque fees for commercial vehicles, trailers and inspections!

::gaah::