Author Topic: Catpocalypse Now  (Read 1843 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Catpocalypse Now
« on: July 14, 2011, 07:14:25 AM »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Catpocalypse Now
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 03:18:33 PM »
" .... since birds are key to protecting ecosystems from the stresses of climate change ...".

O?  Birds are key now?  Birds?  Really?  Not this lizard, that frog, the Delta smelt?  Birds??

I'm being driven insane by the UNsanity, I tell ya ...........
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 03:32:06 PM »
Arrgh!

The stupid - it burns!  ::facepalm::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 04:57:37 PM »
" .... since birds are key to protecting ecosystems from the stresses of climate change ...".

O?  Birds are key now?  Birds?  Really?  Not this lizard, that frog, the Delta smelt?  Birds??

I'm being driven insane by the UNsanity, I tell ya ...........

And the windmills keep turning, it's for the birds.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 04:58:14 PM »
Well gee whiz, just the other day they were complaining about too many insects being killed by motorists. Now they're complaining about the loss of birds leading to not enough insects being killed.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_071211/content/01125112.member.html

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Dutch drivers committing insecticide! "Dutch motorists kill about 133 billion insects a month, splattering bugs on their vehicles and eliminating important members of the food chain, according to a study released this week. Biologists at Wageningen University in the Netherlands enlisted the help of 250 drivers for a 'splash teller' study. Each motorist had to wipe his or her car license plate clean then tote up the bug body count at the end of their drive. 'They are by far the richest species groups in all countries, and therefore play an essential role in the food chain,' biologist Arnold van Vliet, one of a team working on the project, told Reuters. 'Many birds such as swallows, who hunt for insects, depend on insect density. If insect numbers are low they inevitably face severe problems finding food for their young,' he said."
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 05:36:30 PM »
Stop!  STOP!!

I can't take anymore!

::lalanotlistening::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 06:48:39 PM »
Well gee whiz, just the other day they were complaining about too many insects being killed by motorists. Now they're complaining about the loss of birds leading to not enough insects being killed.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_071211/content/01125112.member.html

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Dutch drivers committing insecticide! "Dutch motorists kill about 133 billion insects a month, splattering bugs on their vehicles and eliminating important members of the food chain, according to a study released this week. Biologists at Wageningen University in the Netherlands enlisted the help of 250 drivers for a 'splash teller' study. Each motorist had to wipe his or her car license plate clean then tote up the bug body count at the end of their drive. 'They are by far the richest species groups in all countries, and therefore play an essential role in the food chain,' biologist Arnold van Vliet, one of a team working on the project, told Reuters. 'Many birds such as swallows, who hunt for insects, depend on insect density. If insect numbers are low they inevitably face severe problems finding food for their young,' he said."

Well, if motorists kill enough insects, the birds will die off, thus decreasing the cat population.  Problem solved.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 06:30:50 AM »
 ::falldownshocked::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.