Author Topic: FDIC Facilitating Economic Fascism  (Read 1203 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
FDIC Facilitating Economic Fascism
« on: July 14, 2011, 10:20:44 AM »
Assuming that the arrangement between the FDIC and mortgage short-sellers is commonly as corrupt as this short video claims, it seems to me that it is nothing short of economic fascism in the literal sense of the word. A more perversely corrupt arrangement between financiers and government to attack the wealth and prosperity of the people I can hardly imagine.

Indymac Boys Get Sweetheart Deal
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

Re: FDIC Facilitating Economic Fascism
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 11:26:11 AM »

Come the middle of 2012 the networks should be broadcasting wall to wall trials. 
If they are not broadcasting wall to wall trials, regardless who is elected, we will
be in deep menudo.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 11:36:16 AM »
Tangentially but in the same spirit:

The Video Congress Does Not Want You To See

ETA: Caveat to the video, I picked the biggest listed earner
McCaul, Michael (R-Texas) where at the stated site lists his net worth at $137,611,043 which seemed a bit high.  I looked around and found this which states $23.93 million not a small sum but far from $137,611,043.

[blockquote]
http://www.celebritynetworth.com/articles/entertainment-articles/who-are-the-richest-politicians/

Forbes maintains a list of the richest Americans and politicians are high on the list. The following richest politicians come from wealthy families, married into wealthy families or worked their way up the ladder to acquire their wealth.
Michael McCaul

Michael McCaul is one of the richest US politicians.
10. Representative Michael McCaul (R-Texas) – $23.93 million

Representative Michael McCaul grew up in a fourth generation Texan family in suburban Dallas. Representative McCaul attended Harvard University. Representative McCaul worked as an attorney and as a federal prosecutor prior to entering politics, which no doubt helped build his wealth. Representative McCaul’s wife Linda comes from a wealthy family: she’s the daughter of Clear Channel Communications Chairman Lowry Mays, which may also add to his overall wealth.
[/blockquote]

There is enough garbage out there without creating more. 
I regret posting the video, it came from a reputable source.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 12:39:22 PM by Charles Oakwood »

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 11:38:03 AM »
We in deep, uhh, something...

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 12:37:59 PM »
ETA: Caveat to the video, I picked the biggest listed earner
McCaul, Michael (R-Texas) where at the stated site lists his net worth at $137,611,043 which seemed a bit high.  I looked around and found this which states $23.93 million not a small sum but far from $137,611,043.

[blockquote]
http://www.celebritynetworth.com/articles/entertainment-articles/who-are-the-richest-politicians/

Forbes maintains a list of the richest Americans and politicians are high on the list. The following richest politicians come from wealthy families, married into wealthy families or worked their way up the ladder to acquire their wealth.
Michael McCaul

Michael McCaul is one of the richest US politicians.
10. Representative Michael McCaul (R-Texas) – $23.93 million

Representative Michael McCaul grew up in a fourth generation Texan family in suburban Dallas. Representative McCaul attended Harvard University. Representative McCaul worked as an attorney and as a federal prosecutor prior to entering politics, which no doubt helped build his wealth. Representative McCaul’s wife Linda comes from a wealthy family: she’s the daughter of Clear Channel Communications Chairman Lowry Mays, which may also add to his overall wealth.
[/blockquote]

There is enough garbage out there without creating more.  
I regret posting the video, it came from a reputable source.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 02:36:53 PM »
And how much somebody makes and how much they spend on a bottle of wine should not be anyones business...this class warfare crap has to end...but there are a lot of folks suffering from deep envy or it wouldn't thrive.  Envy is one of the 7 deadlies if I am not mistaken...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.