Author Topic: This is why Obama stormed out of debt-ceiling negotiations  (Read 3099 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
This is why Obama stormed out of debt-ceiling negotiations
« on: July 14, 2011, 03:58:10 PM »
ABC's Jake Tapper nails it. Credit where it is due.

Yesterday, it was widely reported that Obama got up and stormed out of the debt-ceiling negotiations. Apparently Obama stormed out of the meeting yelling, "Don't call my bluff. I'm going to the American people on this," and, "enough is enough," and "I've reached my limit. This may bring my presidency down, but I will not yield on this."

Why? Well, The clue lies in the man being savaged by the mainstream media right now - Eric Cantor. Cantor dared to suggest that rather than the failure of negotiations leading to a default, fulfilling the "sky is falling" predictions of the Left, perhaps a short-term "bridge" agreement that would buy time for more negotiations would be a better option.

That is what set Obama off. Jake Tapper dares to ask Obama's press lackey why default now is a better option than a bridge agreement and a continuance of negotiations. This reveals for all to see this cynical bastard's posturing for political gain.

See Ace's commentary and a transcript of the exchange between Tapper and Carney at the link...

Jake Tapper: Hey, Isn't Default Much, Much Worse Than a Short-Term Bridge Deal Which Requires Another Vote on the Debt Limit in 2012?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: This is why Obama stormed out of debt-ceiling negotiations
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 04:06:46 PM »
I haven't read the link yet, I will, but, in the meantime ...

There's no need to default on our debt-payments now -- none.  This has been lain out and explained multiple times in many places.  One would almost *think*   ::foilhathelicopter::  this is exactly what Duh Wun wants.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 04:16:15 PM »
17 We're not going to default, Jake. We're not going to default.

And there it is, ladies and gentlemen (or Morons and Moronettes, as the case may be): the official spokesperson for the administration just admitted that they're bluffing: if the debt ceiling is not raised, the Executive Branch will not elect to default.

Posted by: AllenG (Dedicated Tenther) at July 14, 2011 03:32 PM (8y9MW)

http://minx.cc/?blog=86&post=318805#c13792391

I'd say that sez it all.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 07:57:34 PM »
Mark Levin had an interesting point
Cantor is the first Jew to be a party majority leader in our history.

Would Obama have blown up and talked to Cantor the same if he was Muslim or some other favored group?

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 08:07:08 PM »

Would Obama have blown up and talked to Cantor the same if he was Muslim or some other favored group?

Most likely....a bow....

Maybe Cantor should consider bringing in a muslim for the negotiations. Announce, since the prez is so distraught with him, he brought in someone who could relate to the prez.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 08:21:52 PM »

Most likely....a bow....

Maybe Cantor should consider bringing in a muslim for the negotiations. Announce, since the prez is so distraught with him, he brought in someone who could relate to the prez.

Er .... NO.

I know you're just joking, but the way things are today, it just isn't amusing.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 08:32:38 PM »

If there were something not inappropriate, the Star of David would be too in your face, he could wear that would catch his eye.  You know, like the flicker of a mirror with the sun in it.  Just a little something from home to drive him nuts.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 09:33:04 PM »
I'm assuming they do food at these things. He could make a point of requesting a kosher meal, like on airlines. And for added smartass value, ask for extra peas.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 10:04:44 PM »
I'm assuming they do food at these things. He could make a point of requesting a kosher meal, like on airlines. And for added smartass value, ask for extra peas.

I think I would offer the president a large bowl of peas.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 11:03:35 PM by John Florida »
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 10:17:02 PM »

I think I would off the president a large bowl of peas.

Are you missing the word "in" in there?

/I'm in favor, actually

~~~~~~~~~

We're apparently having "server issues".

Offline sablegsd

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 10:23:21 PM »

Not likely.  Although his insanity does run deep.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 11:04:34 PM »

I think I would off the president a large bowl of peas.

Are you missing the word "in" in there?

/I'm in favor, actually

~~~~~~~~~

We're apparently having "server issues".

Something's going on.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2011, 03:58:55 AM »
Does anyone seriously think that Stymie's base will let him get away with delaying Social Security checks ? He IS bluffing . I'd love to play poker with that stupid bastard !

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2011, 07:29:28 AM »

I think I would offer the president a large bowl of peas.

...and have fun putting them in my spoon and launching them at Obozo and shouting "eat your damn peas"!

::hysterical::

But of course Obama won't put his peas (or anything for that matter) on the table, this is all a phony war being waged by The Regime who has no power, none, zip, zero, nada...to get more money to blow as his proglodyte trash sees fit to waste, and to have to come begging to a House not wanting to give these drunken commissars anymore blank checks is simply too much for them to take.

They are desperate but have nothing to offer.

If SH and I were at the final table with these idiots the heads up play would come down to we two, these idiots got nothing.

But our feckless leaders always seem able to snatch defeat from the jaws of decisive victory all too often, hence our unending frustration at where all this is going to end up!

ETA - "I can't choose which is worse for you."

Yup, Obozo wants a default, no other explanation needed.  But he fails to see how this boxes him in.  I truly hope the Repub's hold firm and Obozo is as stupid as he appears to be!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2011, 08:57:01 AM »
But he fails to see how this boxes him in.
The wimpPubbies fail to see how they box him in also.  Maybe if they could find a less aggressive word than "box"?

“I think maybe some people were surprised by how blunt I was.”
                                                                                                 President Barack Obama

See, he's using blunt force on those poor Pubbies and they can't, they just can't give it back.

::sigh::

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2011, 10:02:50 AM »
Assault with a dead weapon .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2011, 10:06:25 AM »
We keep telling them to stop playing by proglodyte rules, but they don't listen.  They need to make their case before the America people directly, not to Obama or Reid or any of them!

Tell the people a default is what Obama wants, because it is unnecessary, explain all they have to do is keep spending below receipts less interest expense and they can afford to pay SS and the military etc, Obama's scare tactics are BS!  The only way he can default is if he SPENDS MORE!  Refusing to raise the debt ceiling is an effort to make spending cuts a reality now, not a fantasy later!

The people will understand.  Trust the people, don't sh*t on them like the democrats do!

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2011, 02:27:44 PM »
He wants tax increases and that's his only plan.  I heard someone mention his speech last night and that it contained yet more spending programs.

He wants tax increases because this has been his plan all along; part of the reason, IMO, that he spent so profligately, so that he could confiscate even more money out of the economy as a "fix" for the deficit.  Listening to every off-teleprompter slip he made during the campaign -- "spread the wealth around" -- and after, "the Constitution does not contain what the government can do for you", it's becoming clear to me this was intention from the beginning and he needed a "crisis" for which to institute them.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2011, 03:26:23 PM »
He wants tax increases and that's his only plan.  I heard someone mention his speech last night and that it contained yet more spending programs.

He wants tax increases because this has been his plan all along; part of the reason, IMO, that he spent so profligately, so that he could confiscate even more money out of the economy as a "fix" for the deficit.  Listening to every off-teleprompter slip he made during the campaign -- "spread the wealth around" -- and after, "the Constitution does not contain what the government can do for you", it's becoming clear to me this was intention from the beginning and he needed a "crisis" for which to institute them.

The Pubbies back off then he ups the ante, then the Pubbies talk tough, and he ups the ante,
then the Pubbies fold.  ::rockets::  
Hate is a terrible thing but they are working on ::rockethrow:: me.  

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2011, 03:58:55 PM »
Just stop making offers!! He's letting them talk themselves into a hole. When the say what he wants he'll agree and call a presser and they're stuck.

There is a time in negotiations when you just shut the hell up and wait. The rule at that point is he who speaks first loses./ So shut the hell up and leave if nobody is talking and come back the next day and wait again without making any new offers just sit there like a statue and WAIT!!
 Filippo Mazzie