Author Topic: If People Still Looked At Newspapers I Might Be Worried  (Read 5395 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
If People Still Looked At Newspapers I Might Be Worried
« on: July 16, 2011, 12:30:30 AM »
But fortunately almost no one does.

Here is a slide show of this week's political cartoons. Political cartoon guys sure are stupid.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: If People Still Looked At Newspapers I Might Be Worried
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 03:36:39 PM »

Here is a slide show of this week's political cartoons. Political cartoon guys sure are stupid.

I resent that ( in good humor ) . I was an award winning Political / Editorial Caroonist in both Louisiana and Ohio . I should add that I was also probably one of the few Republican cartoonists in the country but tried to be as even-handed as possible .

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 05:18:08 PM »
I resent that ( in good humor ) . I was an award winning Political / Editorial Caroonist in both Louisiana and Ohio . I should add that I was also probably one of the few Republican cartoonists in the country but tried to be as even-handed as possible .

This thread is useless without pics..............er, cartoons.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 05:19:34 PM »
There's a partisan aspect to political cartoons. Whose ox is being gored and all that. But a good cartoon will make you laugh whichever side you're on. That's sorely missing these days.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 05:22:03 PM »

Really? I enjoy learning interesting things about our members. I never would have guessed.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 08:13:36 PM »
Let me re-phrase that...

Today's crop of political cartoon guys seem to have gleaned everything they "know" about politics from The Daily Show. They are, therefore, stupid.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 08:15:27 PM »

Ditto.  Hint, hint.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 09:05:59 PM »
Someone had linked to USA Today's website to look at the political cartoons. Was that here? At any rate what I saw was just the lefty ones - no balance, no humor, and no humility. No wonder those people are so constipated.  ::hysterical::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 11:22:11 PM »

Ditto.  Hint, hint.

Complain, complain. I didn't post them because they were stupid. But, since you insist:

Evil Republicans. A common theme. Note the license plate.

More evil (and apparently retarded) Republicans.

Greedy Republicans who hate everyone except corporate jet owners.

Evil and stupid Republicans.

Stupid Republicans who are doing the bidding of the evil Tea Party.

You want more? 2/3's of the fifty are just like this. There are almost zero political cartoons in this selection which are critical of O'Bama, Reid or the Democrats. This is sophomoric at best. It betrays a complete lack of knowledge of what is actually going on. It is the repetition and amplification of leftist sloganeering. It's obnoxious.

As the thread title sez, I am glad that there just isn't much of an audience for this crap anymore.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 12:47:26 AM by trapeze »

RickZ

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2011, 02:28:31 AM »
You want more? 2/3's of the fifty are just like this. There are almost zero political cartoons in this selection which are critical of O'Bama, Reid or the Democrats. This is sophomoric at best. It betrays a complete lack of knowledge of what is actually going on. It is the repetition and amplification of leftist sloganeering. It's obnoxious.

I honestly think that's a contradiction in terms.  While most political cartoons today fall under "the repetition and amplification of leftist sloganeering" and are "obnoxious," it does not betray "a complete lack of knowledge of what is actually going on."  Cartoons are now ideological for one side to the extreme, and the cartoonists know damn well what they are doing; they're out to change the world any way they can, in good progressive fashion.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2011, 06:49:52 AM »
Complain, complain. I didn't post them because they were stupid. But, since you insist:

Sorry for the misunderstanding, Trap. Pan and I were refering to SH's cartoons.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2011, 01:28:17 PM »
Alan ...

Take a look at my avatar . I finally figured out how to post it . The picture is an ink and watercolor drawing I did about two years ago . Kind of small but you get the idea .

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2011, 02:24:49 PM »

I can't figure out how to enlarge it . Sorry .
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 02:31:42 PM by Sectionhand »

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2011, 02:35:47 PM »
Nice stuff!! We have singers musicians and artists  looks like a bunch of liberals if I didn't know any better.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2011, 04:58:48 PM »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2011, 05:28:32 PM »
Alan ...

Take a look at my avatar . I finally figured out how to post it . The picture is an ink and watercolor drawing I did about two years ago . Kind of small but you get the idea .

Best I could do using photobucket; it's fuzzy as it is.

It's good, SH.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2011, 05:32:29 PM »
Pretty good, SH. ::cool::

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2011, 05:40:43 PM »
Good stuff SH.  I think I'd would have been good at cartoons...but unfortunately I can't draw a circle without screwing it up!

::unknowncomic::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2011, 08:59:20 AM »
Itsaboutlibery's Got Talent!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2011, 11:18:06 AM »

Shades of Bill Mauldin.