Author Topic: An Object Lesson Re Liberals  (Read 7929 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: An Object Lesson Re Liberals
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2011, 06:18:27 PM »
Are we really that brutal? I know Gere's a fruit but.....come on now.  ::puke::

I would like to think that "we" aren't that brutal.  But some of the supposed "less than pedestrian" sex acts performed by "some" are quite brutal.  I could probably list a few but won't.

The act or technique known as "gerbilling" is described thusly in wikipedia:

Gerbilling, also known as gerbil stuffing or gerbil shooting, refers to the supposed practice of inserting small animals, usually gerbils but also mice, hamsters, rats and various other rodents into a human rectum, supposedly to stimulate the prostate as in anal sex. Contrary to the popularity of the legend, gerbilling is unknown as an actual sexual practice, and despite apparently widespread public belief and persistent rumours, especially in the 1980s, no verified medical evidence of gerbilling exists, and its status is that of an urban legend. According to the Urban Legends Reference Pages (Snopes) inserting items into the rectum for purposes of auto-eroticism is practiced by people regardless of sexuality.

Rumors surrounding various male celebrities engaging in gerbilling have become popular urban legends over the years.[1] Jan Harold Brunvand records that the urban legend began in 1984, and initially involved a mouse and an unidentified gay man, but that in subsequent years this metamorphosed into a gerbil, and was applied to several named male celebrities that were publicly supposed to be gay, most commonly Richard Gere.

Here is the link to the Snopes article on the Richard Gere / gerbil affair.

(sadly, for reasons I don't understand, I can't cut and paste Snopes text)

EDIT:  Okay, I found a workaround.  In part they say this:

Contrary to public belief, "gerbil-stuffing" is unknown as an actual sexual practice, nor are we aware of a verified medical case of a gerbil having been extracted from a patient's rectum. Despite the assiduousness with which doctors record unusual items removed from patients' rectums in order to write them up as illustrative cases, we haven't yet found a medical journal article involving a gerbil removal.  (Doctors, like most people, often repeat urban legends and stories told to them by others as first-person experiences, hence our standard for declaring this true is a peer-reviewed journal article rather than anecdote.) The notion of gerbilling (not necessarily restricted to homosexuals - the insertion of items into the rectum for purposes of autoeroticism is practiced by heterosexuals as well) appears to be pure invention, a tale fabricated to demonstrate the depravity with which "fa&&ots" allegedly pursue sexual pleasure.  (While people do stick all sorts of unusual items up their rectums, they also do so for reasons other than sexual pleasure.

Must be interesting to be stinking rich, famous, handsome, successful and yet have this urban legend as the thing that you are arguably most known for.  (Seriously...do a search for "Richard Gere" and the #3 result is "Richard Gere and the gerbil")  Nevertheless, it has, as evidenced in the preceding posts, made for some very funny stuff at his expense.  

Here is another article from the guy who writes about urban legends for About.com.  It's pretty funny.  He does, though, admit that, given human nature, it has almost certainly been tried by someone somewhere. I am skeptical...sounds like a good way to get yourself killed...rodents chew through darn near anything and the damage would be, well, ugly.

Anyone who knows about this very real sex act could certainly be forgiven for assuming that gerbilling is also a common practice among the deviant.  Don't click on the link unless you are morbidly curious.  You have been warned.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 06:52:08 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2011, 07:00:30 PM »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2011, 07:09:29 PM »
It will never go away.  He owns the thing. 

BTW...the About.com article has a great quote from Stallone about the gerbil rumor.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2011, 07:14:50 PM »

BTW...the About.com article has a great quote from Stallone about the gerbil rumor.

I think the question referred to the use of a household disinfectant.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2011, 07:21:54 PM »

[blockquote]Richard Gere and Sylvester Stallone so disliked each other when they were both working on the set of The Lords of Flatbush, said Stallone in a recent Q & A session with readers of Ain't It Cool News, that the two came to blows, leaving the director no option but to fire one of them.

"Richard was given his walking papers and to this day seriously dislikes me," Stallone mused. "He even thinks I'm the individual responsible for the gerbil rumor. Not true... but that's the rumor."[/blockquote]
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2011, 07:27:28 PM »
It will never go away.  He owns the thing.  

[blockquote]Richard Gere and Sylvester Stallone so disliked each other when they were both working on the set of The Lords of Flatbush, said Stallone in a recent Q & A session with readers of Ain't It Cool News, that the two came to blows, leaving the director no option but to fire one of them.

"Richard was given his walking papers and to this day seriously dislikes me," Stallone mused. "He even thinks I'm the individual responsible for the gerbil rumor. Not true... but that's the rumor."[/blockquote]

I'd like to say, "You can't make this stuff up," but obviously, you can.

SIDE NOTE:  I wonder how many more times we need to write the words "Richard Gere" and "gerbil" before we get listed as a top search result for either one or both?

2ND SIDE NOTE: I also wonder if you could get Barbara Walters loaded up on coke, do you suppose she would ask Gere about the gerbil thing in one of her stupid interviews?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 08:05:11 PM by trapeze »

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2011, 08:13:11 PM »
2ND SIDE NOTE: I also wonder if you could get Barbara Walters loaded up on coke, do you suppose she would ask Gere about the gerbil thing in one of her stupid interviews?

Baba Wawa's into coke? I thought she was strictly a meth-head... ::stirpot::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2011, 08:30:57 PM »
Then there's that whole shrimping thing out there. ::puke::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie