Author Topic: Cain Self Destructs On Fox News Sunday  (Read 6143 times)

Offline radioman

• A Regular
Re: Cain Self Destructs On Fox News Sunday
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2011, 11:00:35 AM »

As long as islam is recognized as a religion by the IRS (and it is) then it will be pretty tough to successfully argue otherwise.

As long as nobody challenges this premise it will continue to stand.

I believe that the threshold for state recognition of a belief system (or whatever you want to call it) as a religion is purposefully set rather low so that the state is rightfully not in the business of picking winners or losers. There are, of course, obvious exceptions to that such as the person who decides to declare himself the pope of his own made up church in order to dodge income taxes.

The use of sharia law as part of its religion should be enuff to disqualify it.

So far the vast majority of murderous/terrorist elements of islam have largely left the American homeland alone. That is primarily due to the diligence of the FBI, CIA, NSA and other elements put into place by GWB following the September 11, 2001 attacks. It's also due to the stupidity and lack of creative thinking in the terrorist mind. And luck. Or Providence.

Don't forget we are already under attack here on our homeland. I don't need to point out the examples of our citizens and soldiers being killed.

You said, "Islams don't just preach things in their sermons, no, they go out and actually kill people for their cause, and use their sermons to raise up a generation of suicide bombers," and that is true but it isn't true here in America. Not yet.

same argument as above. It has already started. The question is how many people have to be killed before someone changes their mind?

Unfortunately this is one of the problems of living in a free society governed by a Constitutional rule book.

Its not about the constitution, it is all about islam itself, and how it doesn't qualify to be a religion in the first place.

This is all I'm going to say about this. Everyone knows how I feel, and I don't see any reason to continue.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 11:10:13 AM by radioman »
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2011, 11:14:24 AM »

We don't need a Constitutional amendment to declare Mohammedism a cult or a threat to America.

About sixty five percent of Americans believe they want to kill us, forty percent of Americans are certain they want to kill us.  The information that mosques in America are the teaching and breeding ground of anti-American hate is public. 

It is not a religion it is a militant organization whose goal is to submit the world to it. 
It would not be difficult for legal authorities to codify this if they would quit their own PC cultism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2011, 01:31:31 PM »

Two liberal outlets;Where is the outrage?

Politico
[blockquote]
Hot Topics:
Debt ceiling 2012 fundraising Rupert Murdoch Michele Bachmann
[/blockquote]

The Hill
Cain: Tennessee town can ban new mosque
[blockquote]
When asked by host Chris Wallace if any town could “then say we don't want a mosque in our community?” Cain responded, “They could say that."

Cain also dismissed White House claims that the U.S. must raise its debt limit to avoid a default after Aug 2.

“This whole thing is a charade,” Cain said.
[/blockquote]

There won't be any outrage until the left perceives the right is so intimidated by PC garbage that they can inflict more injury.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2011, 06:18:43 PM »

LINK

Cain’s public opposition to the proposed Tennessee mosque, as well as his March statement that he would not be comfortable appointing Muslims to his presidential cabinet, have been criticized by many liberals and also by some Republicans. However, the Atlanta businessman told his Maryland supporters during a question-and-answer session at a private home in suburban Montgomery County, he considers Islam not merely a religion, but also a political system that does not recognize separation of church and state. His remarks were greeted with applause.

About 80 supporters — including aides to two Republican members of the Maryland legislature — attended the Bethesda event. Maryland’s 2012 GOP primary is April 3, and Cain’s visit to the state could be seen as evidence that his campaign is planning a long-term nationwide strategy toward winning the Republican nomination. New party rules for 2012 have ended “winner take all” delegate apportionment in most states, which means that the GOP presidential primary campaign will likely continue well beyond the first round of early voting in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina.

Herman Cain: Muslims, Mosques and Sharia

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2011, 07:19:32 PM »
The question for me now is not whether Herman Cain is right or wrong, or whether he should be perceived as right and lauded for his forthrightness, or cast out and chastised for his lack of principle in regard to the constitution.

A primary question for any Presidential candidate is whether or not the American people can be convinced to vote for you. Herman Cain can be right as rain regarding the danger of Islam, but his responses to questions regarding Islam now form a pattern, and that pattern is that in regards to Islam, he apparently does not believe the first amendment applies.

Whether any of us agree or not is irrelevant to his electoral prospects. The American people will decide his fate, and I believe the sad reality is that he keeps tripping over his own tongue with repeated unforced errors.

My first alarm went up when he posted an essay at Red State basically saying that Jesus was a conservative and liberals can't be good Christians. Whether one believes this or not, it's untenable politics. Then his remark regarding a litmus test for cabinet members, his comment regarding a state's ability to ban firearms, and now this.

I'm done entertaining this guy as a serious presidential candidate. I like him just fine, but he's not made of what it takes.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2011, 07:40:36 PM »
OK fine! Scratch him from the list!

(can I still keep him for VP?!)  ;)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2011, 01:50:27 PM »
Just posted at HotAir: Cain Sez Romney Can't Get Elected Because Of His Religion.

I happen to agree with this. I made this point repeatedly during the last presidential primary and my opinion hasn't changed. Mormonism is low hanging fruit for the liberal media. It's inarguable. But I wasn't running for president...

So, here is yet another instance where Cain is committing an unforced error, making a statement that truly did not need to be made. Ed Morrissey calls it "...making the mistake of doing political analysis while campaigning..." which is as good a way of describing it as any other.

I really had hoped that Cain would be an exception to the rule, "presidential politics is not for beginners," but these things just keep happening and there is no indication that he is learning from them (or even acknowledging them as gaffes and/or mistakes) or that they will stop any time soon.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2011, 07:22:24 PM »
Personally, I could care less about any gaffe this guy makes as I know he speaks his mind without the political horse piles. Politicians lie left and right which is fine for the poor schlep that wants to be lied to, however, a breath of fresh air can be exhilarating. ::whoohoo::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2011, 08:00:35 PM »

"when he ran the first time he did not do a good job of communicating his religion.  Unfortunately,  it doesn't bother me, but I do know it's an issue with a lot of Southerners."  

Well shut my mouth.  The man gets slammed for speaking the truth.  Anybody remember the debates at PL?  

Jefferson Airplane - Plastic Fantastic Lover

Offline brad

• Newb
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2011, 01:45:07 AM »

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2011, 08:11:18 PM »
This was, of course, inevitable:

Cain apologizes for muslim remarks.

I don't want to reopen this discussion...just wanted to drop this in to more or less finish it. As far as I know, Mark Levin never commented on this. I think he avoided it because he likes Cain (as do I) and did not want to have to say anything that would paint him in a negative light. I could be wrong, of course, but it seems odd that he did not comment on it.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2011, 08:56:24 PM »
Ok.....Since the thread opened up....LOL....

I live close to Murfreesboro, Tennessee and the Mosque story , at one time, was on every news channel. It's much more complicated than stating "Tennesseans don't want a mosque here".

First of all, the "congregation" is around 300.....What they want to build is a multi million dollar complex, much more than a few would ever use.....Now, that is no excuse to stop it,over building, but it did open the door for some to "follow the money"....and as much as I remember, the money comes from some questionable sources.....But admittedly, it's been a while and I don't feel like searching out the stories, but a few hundred so called poor muslims don't come up with multi millions of dinar.

Religion, no matter how wretched, is protected constitutionally.....Constructing a building with funds pouring in from middle eastern terrorist nations is not. The argument has been framed a bigots stopping construction, the truth is, if we had a state department worth its salt, the funds themselves would disqualify any mosque.

I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2011, 09:22:19 PM »
Yeah, it's a tough situation.  Constitutionally, there's no way to prevent its construction, but maybe there could be some way to sabotage it?

/you didn't hear that from me
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2011, 10:17:52 PM »
Yeah, it's a tough situation.  Constitutionally, there's no way to prevent its construction, but maybe there could be some way to sabotage it?

Yes we did. ::saywhat::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2011, 10:20:16 PM »
Ssh.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

ttomm46

« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2011, 11:39:22 PM »
And yet you have a problem with the guy who's willing to unstick the paradigm because he says he's willing to unstick the paradigm?   ::whatgives::

I would just Muslims but that's just me.....We are in a fight for survival here.
It's strictly a evil political movement.....Maybe they can worship  as they want but they aren't guaranteed the right to build where they want ::bashing::
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 11:46:04 PM by ttomm46 »

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2011, 11:46:53 PM »

I missed this. Actually yes, there is a constitutionally valid mechanism to stop this dead in its tracks. It is called zoning and could be employed with impunity. Pity no one has the stones to avail themselves of it.

Personally IDK anymore. If New Yorkers are willing to subjugate and prostrate themselves to the muzzies, who am I to complain?

ttomm46

« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2011, 11:50:44 PM »

I missed this. Actually yes, there is a constitutionally valid mechanism to stop this dead in its tracks. It is called zoning and could be employed with impunity. Pity no one has the stones to avail themselves of it.

Personally IDK anymore. If New Yorkers are willing to subjugate and prostrate themselves to the muzzies, who am I to complain?
that's exactly what i mean..... ::thumbsup::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2011, 12:18:28 AM »
Welcome to the forum ttomm.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson