Author Topic: Obamakov is announcing a preemptive veto of "Cut, Cap & Balance"  (Read 1202 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Good.  Then America will cut him, cap his co-conspirators and balance the damn budget ourselves!

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/07/18/president-obama-threatens-veto-cut-cap-and-balance

Barry is such a dick, but he's making the case against himself and his fellow proglodytes a lot easier!

::hysterical::

::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Obamakov is announcing a preemptive veto of "Cut, Cap & Balance"
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 05:01:09 PM »
Good.  Then America will cut him, cap his co-conspirators and balance the damn budget ourselves!

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/07/18/president-obama-threatens-veto-cut-cap-and-balance

Barry is such a dick, but he's making the case against himself and his fellow proglodytes a lot easier!

::hysterical::

::whoohoo::

I hope he doesn't send the checks out and pisses off all the quishes.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 11:03:33 PM »
OK. yesterday a poll was released stating that most americans disaprove of how the repubs are handling the debt crisis. Here is the leading question they used:

There is only one question asked: "Do you approve or disapprove of the way Republicans [Democrats] in Congress [or Obama] are handling the current negotiations on the debt ceiling?"

The question should be:

Do you approve the congress raising the debt ceiling, continue spending and raising taxes on the rich?

or

Do you approve the congress not raising the debt ceiling, reduce spending, no tax increases, and passing a balanced budget amendment?

Gee, I wonder how that poll would turn out? Any takers?
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 04:45:28 AM »
I suppose we could call Stymie's program " Zero , Zip , Nada " .

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 05:22:07 AM »
Does Mr. Constitutional Scholar not know he cannot veto a Constitutional Amendment?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 07:06:18 AM »
OK. yesterday a poll was released stating that most americans disaprove of how the repubs are handling the debt crisis...

Is that the CBS poll? It oversampled democrats by +11%.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 07:18:53 AM »
OK. yesterday a poll was released stating that most americans disaprove of how the repubs are handling the debt crisis...

I know the sample was biased in favor of the demos, but my main point was the leading question.
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 07:33:27 AM »

I know the sample was biased in favor of the demos, but my main point was the leading question.

Yep, "leading" question, indeed.  (I posted this on another thread as well.)

The poll is of 810 adults, not registered or likely voters. The sample is 25% Republican; 35% Democrats and 41% Independent (for comparison the vote in the 2010 Congressional elections were: 35% Democrat; 35% Republican and 29% Independent)

There is only one question asked: "Do you approve or disapprove of the way Republicans [Democrats] in Congress [or Obama] are handling the current negotiations on the debt ceiling?" There are no follow up questions regarding various proposals for spending cuts or tax increases.

Not surprisingly, therefore, 51% of the Republicans in the sample say they disapprove of the Republicans in Congress, as many Republicans are uncertain if their members of Congress will cave in as they have in the past and they are given no alternative yes or no question.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/07/misreading_the_new_cbs_poll.html
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 07:37:16 AM »
Does Mr. Constitutional Scholar not know he cannot veto a Constitutional Amendment?

No, why should Article 5 be any different from the rest of the Constitution where Obamakov is concerned?  It's an inconvenient and outdated document to Duh Wun.

::)

::gaah::

But excellent point.  Since Congress can determine the method of ratification, I suggest they go the state route, conservatives have to have the upper hand there.

;)

If the Senate ever changed hands in a dramatic way perhaps the Congressional route could be used...but dangit, time is running dangerously short!

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 07:17:19 PM »
Did those BS'ers at CBS bother to ask why people were angry at the GOP for their role in this so called crisis. I would be willing to bet it's soley because their spineless jellyfish and people are adamant about holding the dang line on spending meaning no backroom deals from the go along to get along Senate. ::gaah::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 06:42:07 AM »
Did those BS'ers at CBS bother to ask why people were angry at the GOP for their role in this so called crisis. I would be willing to bet it's soley because their spineless jellyfish and people are adamant about holding the dang line on spending meaning no backroom deals from the go along to get along Senate. ::gaah::

I've been polled once. They don't care. They're looking for a yes or no answer to a complicated question.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 07:50:52 AM »

I've been polled once. They don't care. They're looking for a yes or no answer to a complicated question.

A simple "fvck you" as a response is pretty concise too, eh?  Something the push-poller's need to hear a hell of a lot more often!