Author Topic: FDA bans asthma medication  (Read 2447 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
FDA bans asthma medication
« on: July 24, 2011, 01:09:08 AM »
    The only over-the-counter asthma inhaler sold in the United States will no longer be available next year as part of an international agreement to stop the use of substances that damage the environment.

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the temporary relief of occasional symptoms of mild asthma. FDA urges those who use Primatene Mist to see a health care professional soon to switch to another asthma medicine.

Primatene Mist inhalers are being discontinued because they use chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) as a propellant (spray) to move the medicine out of the inhaler so patients can breathe the medicine into their lungs.

Then, as no Leftist idea is complete without a dash of self-contradicting demagoguery, see the poster below sent to me from someone within EPA. Obama’s left hand is at the same time invoking the same kids the far-left hand is endangering. See the young lady with a less effective inhaler, the kind that Obama and his EPA promiscuously and dishonestly insist are increasingly needed thanks to pollution they courageously battle in the face of others less sensitive to the needs of asthmatics. Really.

They. need. killing.

http://biggovernment.com/chorner/2011/07/22/breathless-fda-bans-asthma-medication/
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline rickl

• Established Member
Re: FDA bans asthma medication
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 01:36:36 AM »
They. need. killing.

Yep.  There is no possibility of peaceful coexistence between Leftists and Americans.  Either we hunt them down and kill them, or they will most assuredly round us up and send us to the extermination camps.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Janny

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 02:09:12 AM »
 As an asthmatic myself, I am well aware that they have already banned the evil CFC prescription inhalers.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5087604_hfa-inhaler.html

It was only a matter of time before the enviro nazis got to the OTC ones.  ::bashing::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 08:38:48 AM »
The cynical side of me wonders how much pressure was put on the EPA by the manufacturers of prescription albuterol  inhalers. We've been discussing crony-capitalism in another thread, and using regulatory power to eliminate competition is exactly the kind of thing we've been discussing.

A government agency has shut down an entire product line by fiat. Looking at who benefits by the elimination of Primatene Mist and exploring their interactions with the EPA should be job #1 of some crack young journalist, or perhaps a congressional investigation.

In my f**king dreams, that is.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 12:30:05 PM »
FDA must stand for Freaking Dumb Asses!

::)

::angry::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Janny

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 05:58:18 PM »
The cynical side of me wonders how much pressure was put on the EPA by the manufacturers of prescription albuterol  inhalers. We've been discussing crony-capitalism in another thread, and using regulatory power to eliminate competition is exactly the kind of thing we've been discussing.

A government agency has shut down an entire product line by fiat. Looking at who benefits by the elimination of Primatene Mist and exploring their interactions with the EPA should be job #1 of some crack young journalist, or perhaps a congressional investigation.

In my f**king dreams, that is.

I doubt that happened, as I seriously doubt that the epinephrine inhalers were cutting into their profits. But, since the prescription inhalers had to be modified to conform to the EPA standards, it seems fair that the epinephrine inhalers should as well.

The bottom line is that the CFC's that were used as propellants, in ALL OF the inhalers, really pose no environmental threat, and they should never have been banned in the first place.

Offline Janny

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 05:59:46 PM »

This is on the EPA's shoulders, not the FDA's. The FDA only did what it was told.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 10:32:35 PM »

This is on the EPA's shoulders, not the FDA's. The FDA only did what it was told.

EPA is trumping everybody, including medicine.  Can no one stand up to these extremists?

Unbelievable.

ObamaWorld stinks!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Janny

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 11:14:02 PM »
Yep. It stinks more every day.  ::gaah::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 06:24:51 AM »
I have a feeling this is another of those things that leftist trash won't proudly run on, but instead, run away from like the cowardly trash they are, inventing red herrings like being for belching smoke stacks if someone brings up this ban.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 12:42:39 PM »
Great.....I thought it was just litebulbs I had to hoard.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 01:01:33 PM »
Great.....I thought it was just litebulbs I had to hoard.

Newp.

And if y'all take glucosamine or lysine, St. John's Wort or any of a whole host of other supplements, better stock up now.  The FDA dropped another raft of regulations on the makers of such things just before Independence Day weekend.

http://www.naturalnews.com/032924_dietary_supplements_FDA_approval.html
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 07:30:09 AM »
And if y'all take glucosamine or lysine, St. John's Wort or any of a whole host of other supplements, better stock up now.  The FDA dropped another raft of regulations on the makers of such things just before Independence Day weekend.

http://www.naturalnews.com/032924_dietary_supplements_FDA_approval.html

The irony. They want us to be healthy, but take away the health supplements. ::gaah::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson