Author Topic: A visualization of United States debt  (Read 1963 times)

Offline rickl

• Established Member
A visualization of United States debt
« on: July 24, 2011, 09:10:22 AM »
Love the website name.

http://www.wtfnoway.com/

Yep, we're screwed all right.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: A visualization of United States debt
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 09:43:40 AM »
Yikes.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 09:56:03 AM »
Love the website name.

http://www.wtfnoway.com/

Yep, we're screwed all right.

Yep.  Good Lord.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 11:10:03 AM »
Will we have to buy a pick up truck to haul around our cash to buy ordinary items like bread and coffee? That's it, that's how they're going to make GM profitable again by forcing us to buy trucks to haul around he cash. Should have seen this coming ::whatgives::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 12:44:37 PM »
But remember, the Left needs to raise the debt ceiling and spend more money...debt and spending is the only way...anything else is just mean and stupid!

/

::falldownshocked::

We need more of this IMO, and we need to beat the word unsustainable over their heads 24/7/365!

Good find Rickl!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 08:53:46 PM »
Read some of the comments there. More proof that we cannot cohabit with leftists. Forget Israel, I propose a "Two State Solution" for the USA.

Here's a perfect example of their take on the staggering debt visualized at that page:

Clint Miller · Seattle, Washington
Steve, we are in trouble not because the Democrats won't make cuts, but because the Republicons won't allow a tax increase...

Another moron on display:

Elias Danger Zwillenberg · WPUNJ
1) Tax the rich: they have no right to own 99% of the money when money literally equals life, aka food, healthcare, etc. 2) Spend wisely - no frills. 3) Remove the profit motive (funny how this "christian nation" is so interested in worldly rewards) and 4) realize economy is a zero-sum game. Every dollar one person has is another someone else doesn't. Enjoying your Lexus? That's water for a year in a place that doesn't have it.

It all comes down to greedy power addicts duping the intellectually vulnerable. In other words, wealthy Republicans creating poor Republicans. It's a real shame that Democrats don't play the same emotional over simplification blame / shame games, otherwise the churchy folk might actually learn something.

There is absolutely no way to maintain a common system of government with such people. It is literally going to come down to who can kill the other quickest.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 09:01:50 PM by Glock32 »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 11:10:04 PM »
It is literally going to come down to who can kill the other quickest.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, ... ;D

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 10:25:40 AM »
It is literally going to come down to who can kill the other quickest.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, ... ;D

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.