Author Topic: State Budget Battles Herald the Return of the Grown-Ups  (Read 2310 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
State Budget Battles Herald the Return of the Grown-Ups
« on: February 25, 2011, 06:32:37 PM »
H/T nbpundit @grouchies:

During the last presidential election, we saw the most widespread adolescent display in American history. Throngs of wild-eyed fawners and fainters joined hands and chanted, “Yes we can march off this cliff,” as though there were no tomorrow. Formerly presumed intelligent media elites were reduced to a teenage-swoon mentality the minute Barack Obama entered their midst. A man with a postage-stamp sized resume held a majority of modern Americans enthralled with nothing more than teleprompted oratory, giddy-girl-crush syndrome, yellow-brick-road finance wizardry, and Jack-and-the-Beanstalk promises. And the whole Obama bag of fibs and tricks depended on that fantastical pot of gold over the rainbow actually being there.

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/state-budget-battles-herald-the-return-of-the-grown-ups/
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

Re: State Budget Battles Herald the Return of the Grown-Ups
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 11:29:43 PM »

Shooting hoops in the backyard. Playing golf at Martha’s Vineyard. Sipping Slurpees in flip-flops. Partying hardy while more and more Americans hit the unemployment lines. Jetting off to a beachside mansion in Hawaii, while telling other Americans to put their “skin in the game” and forego their vacations. Singing “Hey Jude” with an aged reprobate Beatle while troops die in battle at his command. Leading union pep rallies while states face union-forced insolvency. These are the symbols of the Obama presidency.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 10:05:35 AM »
LOL...Great article and so true.

This country needs a Dave Ramsey awakening.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 10:24:37 AM »
When I hear what they're serving at the WH is rice'n'beans/beans'n'rice, then I'll be able to believe the place is occupied by an adult.

I don't expect it in my lifetime.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 11:24:08 AM »
When I hear what they're serving at the WH is rice'n'beans/beans'n'rice, then I'll be able to believe the place is occupied by an adult.

Mean as you are you'll last for ever according to POP.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 11:34:35 AM »

Well, I'll at least have you for company, then.  ;D
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 11:37:00 AM »

Well, I'll at least have you for company, then.  ;D

I don't have any plans on going anywhere without one hell of a knock down drag fight of the century.I mean teeth claws or anyother thing I can get a holt of.
 Filippo Mazzie