Author Topic: Score!!!!  (Read 1836 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Score!!!!
« on: July 24, 2011, 04:31:53 PM »
Scored my third whole N.Y. strip today. At 3.99 a pound I had to jump all over it and vaccum pack roasts and steaks to last a while. ::whoohoo::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Score!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 07:03:48 AM »
Cool! When's the BBQ? I'll bring my own beer, thanks. ::hysterical::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 10:19:55 AM »
 ::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 10:28:39 AM »
I just love a great deal!!
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 11:01:24 AM »
I'm going to put a Beef order in at a co-op in Wisconsin our family uses come September, nothing like farm fresh cuts!

::beertoast::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 11:17:06 AM »
I'm going to put a Beef order in at a co-op in Wisconsin our family uses come September, nothing like farm fresh cuts!

Nice that you have that available. Do you have to buy in bulk IE sides or 1/4s?
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 01:41:43 PM »

Yup.  My folks, brother & sister have more freezer space so they get 1/2's, I'll get a 1/4.  They store on a on-site locker you have a key to open, but people try to keep their home freezers fully stocked every couple months to cut down on travel time/cost.  Even with a 1/4 all the cuts average out to a little over $2/lb.  Obviously that includes a lot of hamburger and other lesser cuts, but so far the quality of the meat is quite good.  I suppose if you add in travel costs (not that it's very far, a slight diversion from normal lake route) the per pound cost might be higher.  But a deal is a deal!  I have a roast from the same place to cook up this week.

:)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 03:33:09 PM »

Yup.  My folks, brother & sister have more freezer space so they get 1/2's, I'll get a 1/4.  They store on a on-site locker you have a key to open, but people try to keep their home freezers fully stocked every couple months to cut down on travel time/cost.  Even with a 1/4 all the cuts average out to a little over $2/lb.  Obviously that includes a lot of hamburger and other lesser cuts, but so far the quality of the meat is quite good.  I suppose if you add in travel costs (not that it's very far, a slight diversion from normal lake route) the per pound cost might be higher.  But a deal is a deal!  I have a roast from the same place to cook up this week.

:)

We used to do that when I was first married and we would buy sides that averaged 1000/1200 plounds but back then they cost .86 a pound cut wrapped and blast frozen. My how things have changed.
 Filippo Mazzie