Author Topic: Chit, it's too stupid not to be true  (Read 2126 times)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Chit, it's too stupid not to be true
« on: July 28, 2011, 10:32:10 AM »
I got this via e mail....so I don't know if it is true....but it sure is funny.

just when you think you have heard all of the stupid things that are going on in the US -- this comes along...
Black hurricanes....

Well, it appears our African-American friends have found yet something else to be pissed about. A black congresswoman (this would be Sheila Jackson Lee, of Houston), reportedly complained that the names of hurricanes are all Caucasian sounding names.

She would prefer some names that reflect African-American culture such as Chamiqua, Tanisha, Woeisha, Shaquille, and Jamal. I am NOT making this up!

She would also like the weather reports to be broadcast in 'language' that street people can understand because one of the problems that happened in New Orleans was, that black people couldn't understand the seriousness of the situation, due to the racially biased language of the weather report.

I guess if the weather person says that the winds are going to blow at 140+ MPH, that's too hard to understand.

I can hear it now: A weatherman in New Orleans says...

Wazzup, mutha-fukkas! Hehr-i-cane Chamiqua be headin' fo' yo ass like Leroy on a rocket!
Bitch be a category fo'! So, turn off dem chitlins, grab yo' chirren, leave yo crib, and head fo' de nearest FEMA office fo yo FREE sh*t.

I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Chit, it's too stupid not to be true
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 11:03:12 AM »
Woeisha.  Woe-eesha.  Woe-is-ha.

Woe is me. 

We are doomed, unless teh stoopit is eliminated; either bred or beat out.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 11:56:39 AM »
I can likewise guarantee that the first time one is given an obviously "Afro-American" name, there will be complaints about associating their names with something unpleasant and negative like hurricanes.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 12:00:09 PM »
It is true that Sheila complained about huricanes not being named with african centric names. But, hey, she is a MORON, with a capital 'MO'!
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 12:32:41 PM »
Yeah, I remember this from a while back - a few years ago if my memory serves.

The cultural legitimization of ghetto depravity is a scourge on this nation. It enslaves Blacks to generations of immorality and substandard existence, never recognizing that they are trading their human potential and dignity for the advancement of Leftism.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 12:54:01 PM »
You know something is up when you start entering Sheila Jack... into google and you see as choices open up

Sheila Jackson Lee

Sheila Jackson Lee hurricane  ::laughonfloor::

http://www.snopes.com/racial/language/hurricane.asp

Claim:   A Congresswoman called for hurricanes to be given African-American names.

Apparently passing this on is a firable offense in govenment circles.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 01:52:49 PM »
Sambo? ::unknowncomic::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 01:55:25 PM »
Instigator much?

::laughonfloor::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 02:02:14 PM »
Instigator much?

I'm surprised that she hasn't demanded that voter guides be printed in ebonics... ::exitstageleft::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 02:09:51 PM »
There are also Americans named Xiu. Or Olafur. Or Mwai. Or Pratibha.

Shall we force the National Hurricane Center to give an obligatory hat-tip to all these as well, since they're Americans too?

Or should we just tell the pathetic whiners that this is the frikkin U S of A, and to get used to traditional American names for the frikkin hurricanes? Yes, I think we should.

For crying out loud, you'd think there was never a Black named "Katrina" before. We should name the next one "Sheila", and then point out to Ms. Lee that we finally named a hurricane after a Negress.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 02:42:52 PM »
Hurricane barry.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 02:59:09 PM »
There are also Americans named Xiu. Or Olafur. Or Mwai. Or Pratibha.

Shall we force the National Hurricane Center to give an obligatory hat-tip to all these as well, since they're Americans too?

Or should we just tell the pathetic whiners that this is the frikkin U S of A, and to get used to traditional American names for the frikkin hurricanes? Yes, I think we should.

For crying out loud, you'd think there was never a Black named "Katrina" before. We should name the next one "Sheila", and then point out to Ms. Lee that we finally named a hurricane after a Negress.

Gunsmith works with a Quang.  Born here, parents from South Korea.

Once upon a time .... wait, lemme pull over my soapbox ... okay ...

Once upon a time, immigrants (came here legally) and gave themselves American nicknames because they wanted to blend in as Americans, and they formally named their children American-sounding names.

Today?  Pfffft.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 06:52:35 PM »
Hell Pan, not only that... If you go to China and interface with anyone who deals with americans on a regular basis, they'll take a Western name just to make it easy to interact, so you don't have to stumble through figuring out how to pronounce "Xiu".

And that really gets to the heart of the matter, doesn't it? English is the language of the civilized world, and accommodating English - incorporating it into the myriad facets of life on planet earth - has been the norm for many, many decades.

Ms. Jackson Lee and her ilk are galled by that fact, and are working to see it undone.

Seems to me they have a staunch ally in the white-house.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2011, 07:14:19 PM »
Hell Pan, not only that... If you go to China and interface with anyone who deals with americans on a regular basis, they'll take a Western name just to make it easy to interact, so you don't have to stumble through figuring out how to pronounce "Xiu".

And that really gets to the heart of the matter, doesn't it? English is the language of the civilized world, and accommodating English - incorporating it into the myriad facets of life on planet earth - has been the norm for many, many decades.

Ms. Jackson Lee and her ilk are galled by that fact, and are working to see it undone.

Seems to me they have a staunch ally in the white-house.

I'm not sure how "Quang" is actually spelled, speaking of "Xiu"; I wrote it phonetically.

And to your point, Gunsmith's employment involves dealing with India and several other countries, and they, too, give themselves American names to smooth interaction.

Ironic, how Obama was Barry Soetero when he wanted to fit in and became Barack HUSSEIN Obama when the exotic became trendy.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2011, 07:47:11 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, Sheila Jackson Lee is the one who asked a NASA administrator if the Mars rover photographed the flag planted there by the Apollo astronauts.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

hemm

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2011, 06:47:54 AM »
Instigator much?

Tone.................   ::stirpot::