Author Topic: Colorado House Judiciary Committee passes Constitutional Carry Bill  (Read 2653 times)

Offline Delta Force

• Likes the place
  • "You can run, but you'll just die tired!"
H/T Rocky Mountain Gun owners.http://www.rmgo.org/  The Colorado House Judiciary Committee passed a Constitutional Carry bill on to be considered by the full House.  It should pass in the House, but faces an uphill battle in the Senate as it is controlled by dummcrats and we have a dummycrat Governor.  If you can help, please consider doing so.  If we could get more states to do this, it would sure put a crimp in anyone's ideas of starting a fight.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Colorado House Judiciary Committee passes Constitutional Carry Bill
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 10:38:20 PM »
Best of luck there. It's gotta be a real pain in the ass arguing 2A rights against weepy Democrats in the Columbine state.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 09:59:21 AM »
Best of luck there. It's gotta be a real pain in the ass arguing 2A rights against weepy Democrats in the Columbine state.

You have an excelent point.But we hope for the best.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 11:19:41 AM »

Yeah, there are just some circumstances that make it more difficult to remove the emotional component of an issue. The Columbine massacre is one such circumstance.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Delta Force

• Likes the place
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 02:41:20 PM »

Yeah, there are just some circumstances that make it more difficult to remove the emotional component of an issue. The Columbine massacre is one such circumstance.

I was one of the responders to that crime scene.  It was not a an easy thing to do.  The crime was committed by two individuals who could be reasonably declared insane losers.  This case really had nothing to do with the Second Amendment.  There were laws in place that were broken that contributed to the murders.  Colorado is more and more returning to a red state.  I think there can be enough pressure brought to bear on the dummycrats in the Senate to get this bill passed.  If not in this session, at least the next session.  I predict conservative Republicans will take back the Senate during the next election.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 05:01:42 PM »

Emotion likewise works against the measures that would go furthest in actually preventing such tragedies. Namely, changing the strict prohibitionist stance about firearms on school grounds. If a properly vetted and trained teacher or administrator had a gun, these terrible situations could be stopped before dozens are killed. But people cannot get over the seemingly counterintuitive notion of deliberately introducing guns, they can only think in terms of how to keep them away (obviously we can't).

Take the Virginia Tech massacre. Here even students could have been armed. It doesn't guarantee that nobody will be hurt or killed, but he definitely would not have had the freedom to roam the halls emptying several magazines into utterly defenseless and corralled victims. The irony is that a nearby college had an incident not long before the VT massacre, where two students did produce firearms and halted the gunman from any further violence. It's simply impossible for the police to respond to such a rapidly unfolding situation until it's essentially too late. Large college campuses like VT have their own police force dedicated to the geographic confines of the campus, yet even they could not get there quickly enough. Until Nokia invents a force field projector, the liberal mantra about carrying a cell phone will remain laughable.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 07:44:34 PM »
.... the liberal mantra about carrying a cell phone will remain laughable.

I look around when I'm out and I'm just thoroughly disgusted by the number of cellphones and crackberries suspended from belts instead of armament.

Our ancestors would think we'd gone insane, particularly now that murders, abductions, rapes, assaults, muggings and kidnappings make front page news in a nanosecond.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Delta Force

• Likes the place
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 12:14:46 PM »
This bill has passed the House, and has gone to the Senate.  The Republicans are the minority, but not by much.  There is a distinct possibility this my pass.  We just don't know what Hickenlooper will do.