Author Topic: We The Stupid  (Read 723 times)

Offline rickl

• Established Member
We The Stupid
« on: August 02, 2011, 09:54:44 PM »
I haven't seen this linked here before, but I have seen it linked elsewhere.  I was going to put it in the Slow Joe thread, but it really deserves a thread of its own.

The title, for those who don't know, is a play on Ayn Rand's first novel, We The Living.

I stand here in abject stupefaction.  The so-called "right" or "Tea Party" in this republic is being so thoroughly rolled and defeated that I am struggling to come up with an adequate violent submission metaphor that does not involve prison rape . . . and they honesty think that they're "winning."  Really?  You call this winning?

- Obama gets over $2 Trillion to spend before the 2012 election
- There are no real spending cuts
- There is a massive tax increase effective January 1, 2013

Obama is going to be handed something in excess of $2 Trillion -- and he has made it perfectly clear that he will spend every penny of it before the November 2012 election.  That's why he kept saying, " . . . so we don't have to do this again", meaning raise the debt ceiling again.  The debt ceiling would only need to be raised if all of the money had been spent.  Therefore, he has stated very clearly that he will spend every penny of any debt ceiling increase.  He is going to burn through $2 Trillion-plus in the next sixteen months.  This was the Obama regime's plan from day one.  Geithner appeared before Congress in early May and told them this in no uncertain terms.  This outcome has been a known quantity all along.

There are no spending cuts in this plan.  It is all accounting fraud.  Saying that you are not going to spend money in Afghanistan ten years from now is not spending cuts.  Even if you accept the $1 Trillion in cuts over ten years propaganda, that is only $100 Billion per year, which is essentially meaningless relative to the size of the problem.  Furthermore, even a miniscule uptick in interest rates, which given the massive debasement of our currency is now a mathematical certainty, will completely consume that $100 Billion per year.  It's all a joke.

The rest
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

charlesoakwood

Re: We The Stupid
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 10:13:13 PM »

Yes, we are not winning, but were it not for the Tea Party we would be on a slab.  So, we're not winning and we have survived to fight another round. 

It would have been gracious of her to acknowledge the intense pressure those few were under and the tremendous character, dedication, and spine they exhibited.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 07:32:03 AM »
The members who voted against this atrocity do deserve our thanks and support.  It's the treachery of the rest that is leaving the bitter aftertaste.  I think we all would have prefered this deal killed, but it did smoke out of the woodwork many of the people that need to be purged.  I'll do my damndest to purge the undesireables from our midst, even though I am growing more jaded that a peaceful resolution of our difficulties at the polls is remotely possible.

Plan for the worst...hope for the best...and pray!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 08:04:28 AM »
is there a list of how each member voted yet?
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.