Author Topic: Marginalized  (Read 820 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Marginalized
« on: August 03, 2011, 10:15:38 AM »
If the American people come close to electing this charlatan again... it will mean all kinds of bad things.

Confirmed: GOP & Dem Leaders Both Asked President Wonderful to Leave Room… At White House Meeting

“We’d really get more done without you here.”
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Marginalized
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 10:23:16 AM »
Beyond FUBAR.

Spiteful, with equally spiteful minions.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 10:27:28 AM »
Beyond FUBAR...

Yip. A congress, a majority of whom refuse to act on behalf of the people. A President whom nobody respects. A citizenry disconnected from its foundation. And the toilet bowl keeps swirling. FUBAR.

Not to focus on the negative or anything.  ::unknowncomic::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 10:41:20 AM »
Beyond FUBAR...

Yip. A congress, a majority of whom refuse to act on behalf of the people. A President whom nobody respects. A citizenry disconnected from its foundation. And the toilet bowl keeps swirling. FUBAR.

Not to focus on the negative or anything.  ::unknowncomic::

I spent the entire day yesterday on "negative", so I get it.  There's valid reasons to view the situation realistically; too few do, I think.

I haven't immersed myself in the history of Wilson's administration, so I don't know if the times are comparable in terms of FUBAR, but it seems we, the country, may have entered uncharted territory.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 10:52:06 AM »
Good thing he was the adult in the room.... ::laughonfloor:: ::rockethrow:: ::lalanotlistening::

Musta had a golf outing planned.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 11:31:09 AM »
Beyond bringing in refreshments I fail to see what qualifies him to be in any meeting...

...his position as POTUS is beyond an irritation...

...it's a full-blown assualt on sanity.

Major League FUBAR
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.