Author Topic: Time for Obama to be feared by the Tea Party  (Read 788 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Time for Obama to be feared by the Tea Party
« on: August 04, 2011, 12:31:11 PM »
O rly.

Progressives and other peeved supporters of President Obama who aren’t happy with the all-cuts-no-revenue deal to raise the debt ceiling need to see it as the beginning of a very long (and necessary) process to get the nation’s fiscal house in order. But it also means that the president will have to be more aggressive in his use of presidential power. In short, I want him to use everything the bully pulpit has to offer to get what he wants, including shutting down the government if he must. After what we just went through to avert economic catastrophe, padlocking Washington ain’t no big thing.

Ruth Marcus runs down all the opportunities Obama will have to take a stand.

The coming crisis points are manifold. The current spending deal — the one reached on the brink of government shutdown — expires in September. Extended unemployment benefits run out at the end of the year. The temporary cut in the payroll tax expires.

I like the way Marcus described the harrowing drama of the last few weeks. She decried it as part of the new normal here in Washington: “endless rounds of legislative carjacking” where “]o]ne side wanted the car, had a gun and wasn’t afraid — certainly not afraid enough — to use it. The other had a child in the back seat.”

How perfect is that imagery? The Tea Party certainly wasn’t afraid to force the country into default. That it got its way in the debt deal will no doubt embolden it to push Obama into more compromising positions that don’t reflect the will of the people. If they try it, Obama must introduce their “carjacker” to his “Keyser Söze.”

If you’ve seen the brilliant movie “The Usual Suspects,” you know who this diabolical character is and what he did to gain mythical status. Suffice it to say that Söze so out-crazied the crazies that he became a person not to be messed with — a symbol of fear and grudging respect.

In the coming fights over the next budget, unemployment benefits and payroll tax cuts, I want Obama to show the Republican Party in general and the Tea Party in particular that he isn’t afraid to out-crazy the crazies. If that means vetoing bills, taking the fight to individual districts, shutting down the government, so be it.

Of course, the expiration of the extension of the Bush tax cuts in December 2012 will be a major flash point and may require the president to take on his party. As Ezra Klein correctly points out, “[t]o govern responsibly, Democrats cannot simply raise taxes on the rich and call it a day.” Hopefully, by the time that fight is upon us, the folks at the other end of Pennsylvania Avenue will have learned that he is not someone to be messed with.

I see.  It's not enough business and industry has already admitted being scared of Duh Wun, this guy wants him to "out-crazy" the crazies by launching on the TEA Party - more everyday citizens?

As far as the government shut-down, what color is the sky in this guy's world?  He thinks this is a viable threat?

SHUT IT DOWN ALREADY!!  Please!!

Link, courtesy of Hot Air.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Time for Obama to be feared by the Tea Party
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 04:25:30 PM »
The calls from the Left for O'Chimpy to grant himself dictatorial powers are increasing in frequency.

I wonder, if O'f**kface announced interment camps and gas chambers for all Tea Party members, how many on the mainstream Left would react. I suspect that a great many more than we'd like to admit would be gleeful, some outwardly, many more inwardly.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 05:05:12 PM »
Quote from: IronDioPriest
I wonder, if O'f**kface announced interment camps and gas chambers for all Tea Party members, how many on the mainstream Left would react. I suspect that a great many more than we'd like to admit would be gleeful, some outwardly, many more inwardly.

That's where utopian ideologies always lead, because the True Believers are convinced of some variation of "if it weren't for (such and such people/groups) we could achieve this perfect ideal", while the more cynical simply see opportunity to get rid of people and things they don't like. That sort of thinking is what leads to mass graves and concentration camps.

It's like the contemptible Thomas Friedman constantly heaping praise on Red China and bemoaning the inefficiencies of our quaint concepts, like separation of powers and checks and balances. He gushes over China's ability to "get things done" without a lot of messy disagreement, blithely ignoring the very real implications of that sort of collectivist pragmatism, by which of course I mean the millions of people murdered by Maoists since the 1940s, and the continued imprisonment, One Child Policy, and so on. But the Friedmans of the world are not bothered by that, because it's the dictatorship of people they agree with. That's really all the Left ever means with their excessive use of the pejorative "fascist". In their lexicon it means a tyranny/dictatorship predicated on stuff they happen to not agree with. The mechanics of it are irrelevant to them. You could have identical mechanics and make the underlying ideology of a left wing, Marxist bent and they'd heap effusive praise on the same thing they'd otherwise condemn as "fascist".

That right there is one of the absolute hallmarks of the leftist: the ability to simultaneously adhere to contradictory beliefs and opinions without any sort of cognitive dissonance.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 05:57:11 PM »
....That right there is one of the absolute hallmarks of the leftist: the ability to simultaneously adhere to contradictory beliefs and opinions without any sort of cognitive dissonance.

They call it "nuance" and "intellect".
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 07:16:05 AM »
....That right there is one of the absolute hallmarks of the leftist: the ability to simultaneously adhere to contradictory beliefs and opinions without any sort of cognitive dissonance.

They call it "nuance" and "intellect".

We call it insane, and evil.

Tone only works one direction for these folks...for them and against those not them...the sooner those not them are sufficiently demonized and dehumanized, they easier it will be for them to exterminate everyone not like them.

They are running the Adolph Hitler game plan...the left has fully embraced Mein Kampf!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.