Author Topic: Awesome: More Fake "Journalism" From The MFM  (Read 1413 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Awesome: More Fake "Journalism" From The MFM
« on: August 04, 2011, 08:40:56 PM »
If you read this article about the Bin Laden raid and thought, as I did, "Gee, that's a tremendous level of detail especially after all the (100% justified) post-raid criticism about the admin leaking too much about the raid," well, here is the perhaps inevitable follow up:

The article was in fact so detailed that it left the unmistakable impression that Mr. Schmidle had interviewed at least a few of the SEALs involved in the raid. During an NPR interview, Steve Inskeep explains that indeed Schmidle had spent time with the SEALs who were on the mission to get Bin Laden. NPR subsequently issued a correction for reasons noted below.

All of this makes for a gripping read. Too gripping I thought to myself.  As it turned out, there is one very serious problem with Mr. Schmidle’s account: Schmidle never met any of the SEALs involved, as reported (with great tact and restraint) by Paul Farhi on August 3.

I guess the guy won't be getting a Pulitzer for his article.

I have to wonder if the real SEALs involved in the raid were amused or angered by the original article.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Awesome: More Fake "Journalism" From The MFM
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 06:39:36 AM »
Probably both Trap...torked off that someone thought they could invent contact with the team, shook their head that anyone would believe it and amused at the crap sandwich Mr. Schmidle made for himself to eat.  I'm guessing he won't be able to get freelance work anywhere...but this is the MFM...he could change his name and start all over with some other worthless outfit...

Nice to see NPR get egg on its face too...those condescending slow-talking psuedo-intellectuals truly bite the big one.

Poppa Schmidle must be so proud...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Awesome: More Fake "Journalism" From The MFM
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 07:24:53 AM »
You know, when people on "my side" told me I had to read the NY Time Magazine, I said thanks but no thanks.

There was a reason for that.  ::pimp::  There will always be a reason for that.