Author Topic: S & P Downgrades US Credit Rating  (Read 6755 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: S & P Downgrades US Credit Rating
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 09:30:13 AM »
A "tweet" from Stu, producer of the Glenn Beck show...

@STU_GBP  STU BURGUIERE
I love the left's talking point battle between "S&P is crazy! Made huge error" and "this is Tea Party downgrade!" Can't be both.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011, 10:12:16 AM »

R.S. McCain said, if you had bought gold the first day A.Weiner criticized Glenn Beck for hawking gold you would be up 42%.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2011, 10:59:06 AM »
Re: Left meme on S&P, the meme is all that matters, pesky little things like truth, consistency, logic...those things are for losers!

As for F/F, they should all be rated T for Toxic (or Turd)...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2011, 12:04:37 PM »

...or T/T

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2011, 12:09:21 PM »
O'Bama toady Warren Buffett gets downgraded, too.

LINK
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2011, 12:12:27 PM »
Heh.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2011, 12:18:07 PM »
And since the stock market is going down fast enough and there is still more room for further credit rating downgrades...BO is getting ready to make a statement in a few minutes.

Get your broker on the phone right now.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2011, 12:22:15 PM »
And in news you won't see the MFM cover:

Ohio's credit rating gets upgraded by the S&P.

How do you suppose that happened?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2011, 12:31:25 PM »
And in news you won't see the MFM cover:

Ohio's credit rating gets upgraded by the S&P.

How do you suppose that happened?

Kasich.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2011, 12:31:51 PM »
And where is Bachmann in all of this?

Positioned to give primary voters a real choice.

One thing you won't be able to say this go round is that all of the choices during the Republican primary suck. Last time we had a truly sucky field (don't even pretend that Thompson was ever viable the way he behaved) but this time it is going to be different. This time it's the Democrats who have the truly sucky field, a field of one.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2011, 12:35:57 PM »

And it appears that more than one will make it to the front row.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2011, 12:38:41 PM »
The Rick "I'm going to announce any minute now" Perry thing is getting a wee bit tiresome, though.

Thompson played that game and it turned out to be quite anti-climactic...the whole reluctant candidate thing.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2011, 12:51:33 PM »

A lot of people are getting antsy.  Maybe a traditional Labor Day announcement.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2011, 01:31:19 PM »
Obamakov's blather was tiresome, predictable, sickening and pathetic...in short, typical.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBAMA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-08-08-14-08-19

Not even AP, normally reliably stupid, is stupid enough to parrot Obammy's stupid line about Buffett!

http://blogs.wsj.com/deals/2011/08/08/berkshire-other-insurers-get-negative-tag-from-sp/

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2011, 02:04:11 PM »
According to Duh Wun, the downgrade is NOT because it is doubted whether we can pay our bills -- NO!! -- it's because of our "politics".  Oh, and the world still considers us as having a AAA rating.

He's .... unreal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2011, 02:05:09 PM »
And since the stock market is going down fast enough and there is still more room for further credit rating downgrades...BO is getting ready to make a statement in a few minutes.

Get your broker on the phone right now.

Stymie waiting to address the press today : " Jeez , I don't want to do this ! What am I gonna say ? Holy Sh*t ! This is the same speech I gave last week ! Fer Chrissake ... Anybody got some weed ? "

charlesoakwood

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2011, 02:07:41 PM »
The Rick "I'm going to announce any minute now" Perry thing is getting a wee bit tiresome, though.

Thompson played that game and it turned out to be quite anti-climactic...the whole reluctant candidate thing.

Link

Rick Perry intends to use a speech in South Carolina Saturday to make clear that he's running for president, POLITICO has learned.

According to two sources familiar with the plan, the Texas governor will remove any doubt about his White House intentions during his appearance at a RedState conference in Charleston.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2011, 02:16:36 PM »
The S&P needs a kick in the ass as well.  They graded all those subprime mortgages as AAA, I was reminded today.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2011, 02:36:37 PM »

Judge Napolitano is saying the govt. had been negotiating w/ S&P and the rest and they lost the negotiations with S&P and they are pitssed.  The govt is still in negotiations w/the rest.