Author Topic: 31 U.S. troops killed in Afghanistan helicopter crash  (Read 20963 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

Re: 31 U.S. troops killed in Afghanistan helicopter crash
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2011, 10:17:15 AM »

SEAL TEAM 6 - INVESTIGATE THE WHITE HOUSE

The Daily Caller

The Hill newspaper reports that Tom Trento, who heads up a grassroots foreign policy group called United West and serves in a leadership role in a number of other Tea Party-related groups, has affixed the label “Tea Party defector” to several Tea Party-connected members of Congress who have come out in support of the Boehner debt plan (without a provision for a balanced budget amendment), including Florida Rep. Allen West.

The Daily Caller caught up with Trento to discuss his attack on West and his position on the debt ceiling debate.   Link

The United West                                                               
Uniting the West to Defeat Shariah Islam

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2011, 10:23:37 AM »
I'm with Levin on this. They should be using heavy bombers to saturate entire areas. I'm sick of our people having to endure unnecessary risk to appease the hand-wringers in the State Department.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2011, 10:25:32 AM »
The man makes some excellent points.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2011, 10:37:00 AM »
That's 8.

When we are serious about wiping them all off the face of the earth, then we'll be doing it right. 

Anything less is a joke and negates a reason for being there.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2011, 10:47:11 AM »
Quote from: Libertas
When we are serious about wiping them all off the face of the earth, then we'll be doing it right. 

Indeed. I'm not even opposed to using biological or chemical weapons in area attacks. What's it going to do? Encourage them to reciprocate? As if they aren't trying to do that anyway?

This is not the "putting out fires" that the establishment likes to portray it as. This is a showdown of civilizations, or more accurately a showdown of a civilization against a barbarian horde that wants to drag the world a few millennia into the dark past. This is not something unique to the early 21st Century. Since its inception the demonic devotees of that ideology have waged war against all civilizations, whether our own Western civilization, or the pre-Islamic Persians, the Indians, the Egyptians and Berbers, I mean the list goes on and on. We need to destroy them utterly.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2011, 11:00:04 AM »
Quote from: Libertas

Indeed. I'm not even opposed to using biological or chemical weapons in area attacks. What's it going to do? Encourage them to reciprocate? As if they aren't trying to do that anyway?

This is not the "putting out fires" that the establishment likes to portray it as. This is a showdown of civilizations, or more accurately a showdown of a civilization against a barbarian horde that wants to drag the world a few millennia into the dark past. This is not something unique to the early 21st Century. Since its inception the demonic devotees of that ideology have waged war against all civilizations, whether our own Western civilization, or the pre-Islamic Persians, the Indians, the Egyptians and Berbers, I mean the list goes on and on. We need to destroy them utterly.

Agreed.  And using Takkiya against them, undercutting them at every turn, and taking full advantage of every opportunity to crush them.

People that do not understand the them or us nature of this war fail to realize that we cannot subscribe to their naive assertion that not all Muzzies are bad...because too many bad guys would be let in the gate to kill us and the only way these idiots would realize that is when their head is being hacked off...and by then it's too late, isn't it?

::gaah::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2011, 11:28:13 AM »

If the Danny Pearle video didn't penetrate their distorted perception shield nothing will.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2011, 11:41:54 AM »
Makes them pretty sick, sorry & sad doesn't it?

And more than useless!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2011, 12:29:42 PM »

If the Danny Pearle video didn't penetrate their distorted perception shield nothing will.

That should have been more truth than anybody could stand.But it did nothing.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2011, 07:52:08 PM »

Miss Barnhardt doesn't forget.

SEAL Team 6 - UPDATE: Dossier Removed
Posted by Ann Barnhardt - October 13, AD 2011 9:29 PM MST
U.S. Central Command has released its official report on the SEAL Team 6 shoot-down, which resulted in 38 dead, including an entire 15-man DEVGRU Gold Squadron, which is the best of the best of the best in the SEAL community. In addition, another 8 SEALS were also killed. 23 SEALS on one National Guard helo.

Here is the URL for the full document directory.

http://tinyurl.com/6zdtelz

It is probably in excess of 10,000 pages. But, I have already found something very interesting and disturbing.

On page 118 of the first interview transcript, an interviewee identified as JSOTF J3 says:

JSOTF J3: I believe it was two IEDs that they found and no detonations. So the ground force commander -- let me back up. The ground force commander made a call at 0328 Zulu that he assessed no survivors from the crash. So the battle space owner arrived at 0721 Zulu; they linked up with (redacted) , and they recovered -- the ground force commander, (redacted) , he called back and said they had identified, and removed 38 remains, is what he called back. So they were able to pull them out. And, you know, later on after he came out, we, kind of, got the back brief of how they were able to do that. But there was -- I will let you talk to him about that piece. But he was essentially able to identify 38 remains there.

IO-DEP: Was there a manifest for that aircraft back at the --

JSOTF J3: Yes, sir. And I'm sure you know by now the manifest was accurate with the exception of the (redacted) personnel that were on. So the (redacted) personnel, they were the incorrect -- all seven names were incorrect. And I cannot talk to the back story of why, but --

View it in context here on page 118.  [PDF doc.]

The "seven" that is referenced and redacted is, almost certainly, the Afghani contingent. There were 7 Afghanis on the helo. And this soldier testifies that ALL SEVEN NAMES of the presumed Afghanis on the flight manifest were incorrect. Wow. That is ominous, and certainly warrants further investigation. (Hello? Journalists?) I have worried all along that there could have been a suicide bomber, but an erroneous flight manifest of Afghanis also points to the possibility of some compromise of OPSEC.

Naturally there is a lot more to read. Given the sheer volume of data, the more eyes on this stuff, the better.

Also be sure to read page 111-112 where the soldier theorizes on why so many men were packed on the one helo. He says the planners felt that one helo in and out was "lower risk", and that the advance warning given to the enemy in a multi-helo insertion put the second helo at increased risk. Given what happened to "EXTORTION 17", I think that the argument in favor of the long-standing combat tactical concept of "dispersion protocol", namely not putting all of your precious eggs in one basket, is now very much back on the table. Even so, I still can not fathom why they were in a National Guard transport helo and not an up-armored, up-teched MH-47G. If it is a risky insertion, and two helos are deemed an inferior tactic, why not use the combat helo that has increased night vision and infrared imaging, and perhaps more importantly, MORE HORSEPOWER for a more rapid approach and departure?

Read up. If you find anything else that you think merits a look, note the file and page number and then notify someone. It could be me, although I'm certainly not the best person for this sort of thing. Again, I would probably send it to someone over at BigPeace.com which is Breitbart's military blog, or another military blog that you think does a good job.

----------------------------------------

UPDATE: The entire dossier has been removed by CentCom. The links are now dead. I'm kicking myself for not downloading the PDF files themselves last night.

So they pulled the dossier, that make me feel more secure.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2011, 12:12:51 AM »
interesting...

::thinking::

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2011, 01:22:23 PM »
Good find CO, sure as hell leaves all our worst fears surrounding this fustercluck fully in play.

I am resigned to the fact that learning the full truth about everything that happened and who made the calls may never be known, but every time I think about all the priceless people we lost on that helo I just get blindingly enraged that such a thing could happen. 

And "dispersion protocol" should never have been violated!  You're in a fricken Taliban/AQ warzone for crying out loud!

A loss of this magnitude demands the maximum level of accountability...and there is no accountability to be had.

This is stunningly demoralizing.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2011, 10:23:05 AM »

This is stunningly demoralizing.

More (she's a bulldog isn't she?):

My Points on the SEAL Shootdown Verified
Posted by Ann Barnhardt - October 25, AD 2011 2:07 PM MST
I take no pleasure or satisfaction in having my points regarding the SEAL shootdown confirmed and validated. First, those men are dead. This isn't a TV show or a damn movie. Those men were real, not characters, and they will never be with their loved ones on earth again. Mirth is simply not possible in this situation. Second, the fact that a 34 year old female commodity broker who never so much as took ROTC in high school apparently has a firmer grasp of combat tactics than the majority of the command tier of the United States Military is simultaneously disgusting, nauseating, infuriating and terrifying. I'm telling you, stupid people who have no integrity are running the world. These upper-level military guys will toe the politically-correct bee-ess line and would gladly suck the chrome off of a trailer hitch in order to gain rank and protect that sweet pension. My contempt for such men knows no bounds.

The SEALS were unnecessarily sent into a situation that did not require their elite skills, were put on one craft in breach of dispersion protocol, were inserted into an area in which the enemy had hours of notice and their insertion had NO COVER, and they were in a model of aircraft that had no night vision and was not designed for combat insertion.

Either the U.S. Military is being run by slack-jawed, mouth-breathing mental defectives, or something nefarious was afoot. Or both.

Please read the Washington Times piece HERE.

By the time the CH-47 transport helicopter descended to 150 feet above an unprotected landing zone in Afghanistan around 2 a.m. on Aug. 6, the element of surprise had been lost. Link

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2011, 11:32:26 AM »
No support.

"He said his 'comfort level is low because they don’t fly like ARSOA. They don’t plan like ARSOA. They don’t land like ARSOA. They will either, you know, kind of, do a runway landing. Or if it’s a different crew that trains different areas, they will do the pinnacle landing.'  The investigation discovered that ARSOA helicopters were pulled out of the area last year and moved to the south. 'I still don’t really understand the reasons behind that,' an investigator said."

No ARSOA.

No accountability.

I want high-ranking heads on pikes!  The magnitude of this negligence demands it!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2011, 12:16:21 PM »
No support.

"He said his 'comfort level is low because they don’t fly like ARSOA. They don’t plan like ARSOA. They don’t land like ARSOA. They will either, you know, kind of, do a runway landing. Or if it’s a different crew that trains different areas, they will do the pinnacle landing.'  The investigation discovered that ARSOA helicopters were pulled out of the area last year and moved to the south. 'I still don’t really understand the reasons behind that,' an investigator said."

No ARSOA.

No accountability.

I want high-ranking heads on pikes!  The magnitude of this negligence demands it!

Did you forget who'e in power ?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2011, 08:38:56 PM »
No support.

No ARSOA.

No accountability.

Did you forget who'e in power ?

I forgot nothing.

I just left it to imaginations as to whose heads occupy a pike!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2013, 07:38:54 AM »
People in the SpecOps community and their families do not forget and are unyielding in their determination...these peope and their families are typically made up of the most robust patriotic fabric, they are not going to relent until they have full satisfaction...nor should they...so it is only those ignorant, misguided and truly un-American types who will look upon this effort as pointless, the majority of us wish them well and hope they are successful.

::praying::

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/08/families-of-seal-team-6-to-reveal-why-they-think-the-govt-is-as-much-responsible-for-the-death-of-their-sons-as-the-taliban/

PS- I did not know about the muzzie incubus!   ::outrage::   ::overkill::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2013, 09:41:54 AM »

PS- I did not know about the muzzie incubus!   ::outrage::   ::overkill::

Nor I. I pray for closure for the families and the ones responsible for this fuster cluck fry in hell.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson