Author Topic: Erick's right  (Read 670 times)

charlesoakwood

Erick's right
« on: August 08, 2011, 09:04:19 AM »
Link
So I have some quick advice for the GOP.

Back when S&P said it was considering a down grade, it set out two criteria to avoid losing the downgrade: (1) at least $4 trillion in cuts and (2) bipartisan support. Only the tea party movement came up with such a plan — Cut, Cap, and Balance.

It received bipartisan support in the House, came within five votes of a majority in the Senate, and not only cut $4 trillion, but put caps on future government spending and balanced the federal budget. No other plan, including the public grand bargain and Barack Obama’s own super-double-top-secret plan that no one has ever seen did that.

Were I in Republican Leadership in Washington, I would haul my butt back to D.C. right now and start fighting again for Cut, Cap, and Balance. 66% of Americans support the plan. It is the only plan that would have avoided a credit decline.

Go back and pick up the fight on the front lines for freedom. And if they just can’t, they they better point out to the new Super Committee that it was, in fact, possible to cut $4 trillion without enacting job killing tax increases and encourage them to send back as its package Cut, Cap, and Balance.

Hey, no way, John's at the Club working on his tan.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Erick's right
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 09:15:23 AM »
You can pretty much bank on what the GOP is not going to do by reading what Erick Erickson says they should do.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 09:16:27 AM »
No way that they are going to pass a terrorist sponsored plan.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 11:03:09 AM »
And, you can't fix stupid...

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.