Author Topic: Join The Liars Club for Men ( Founded by Bagdad Bob)  (Read 1455 times)

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Join The Liars Club for Men ( Founded by Bagdad Bob)
« on: August 08, 2011, 09:40:36 AM »
Many Proud members including

Alan Greenspan

The United States can pay any debt it has because we can always print money to do that. So there is zero probability of default"

Warren Buffet

"Our currency is not AAA, and in recent months the performance of our government has not been AAA, but our debt is AAA," Buffett adds.
S&P and other bond ratings agencies are responsible for rating whether entities can pay off their obligations. Buffett argues that as the richest nation in the world with a GDP of $48,000 per person, America should have no problem meeting that obligation. And, of course, there's also the benefit of having a Federal Reserve   that can print money. "I can go out drinking all night, but if I've got a printing press, my debt is good," says Buffett.

and

Buffett says Berkshire is still buying T-bills, even though yields have fallen so low. "If I have to buy (Treasurys) at a zero percent yield   , I will," he says. "I don't like it, but we'll do it."

Or this one by Jeff Carter via Instapundit

The end of the world isn’t near-although we are going to continue to go through some really rough patches. If you are looking at your retirement wilt away, don’t worry. Someday it will come back. I have seen my retirement funds get clocked several times, I am 49 and don’t plan on hanging it up for a minimum of 15 years anyway.

So why is Buffet promoting a play that only works in deflation ( Buying T-ball and not caring about a return- just getting money back)  and a policy that is inflationary ( just printing as much money as is needed) .. How does that work out..

Hey you there.. get those Deck chairs laid out-- and you!  Get that band playing. We don't want the passengers to  be alarmed.  Printing money isn't a default! Just ask Germany, or Zimbabwe

UPDATE

Burton Malkiel just joined the club

Yes, we have problems, but the current situation bears no resemblance to 2008. ...My advice for investors is to stay the course. No one has ever become rich by being a long-term bear on the fortunes of the United States, and I doubt that anyone will do so in the future. This is still the most flexible and innovative economy in the

Never mind there is a political class of traitors in Washington trying to ensure that powerhouse of an economy NEVER gets back up. All is well!

« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 09:57:12 AM by Weisshaupt »

charlesoakwood

Re: Join The Liars Club for Men ( Founded by Bagdad Bob)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 10:21:04 AM »

An hour ago I binged "deflation" and received a list of articles written in '09 and '10.   The only credible author recognized: Gary Shilling.

The traditional gold and oil parallel movement is not occurring.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 11:01:59 AM »
Wow, this thread could collect a lot of names...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 12:03:31 PM »

?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 01:26:25 PM »
?

Turbo (No chance of downgrade) Timmy.

Eric (I don't know) Holder

Ali Bammy and the Forty Theives...

And a cast of thousands...

...Right?

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 01:28:50 PM »

::thumbsup::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 02:10:14 PM »
    President Barack Obama says the U.S. always is and always has been a triple-A country, despite its rating agency downgrade.

He said also the U.S. didn’t need a rating agency to tell it that it’s political system was having trouble functioning.

Speaking at the White House on the Standard & Poor’s downgrade, Obama renewed a plea to Congress to take action in September of help create jobs and cushion Americans from a still weak economy.

Obama said financial markets around the world “still believe our credit is triple-A. I and the world’s investor’s agree.”

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2011/08/figures-obama-blames-congress-for-downgrade/

"Markets will rise and fall," he said. "But this is the United States of America. No matter what some agency may say, we've always been and always will be a triple-A country."

S&P officials dropped the government's rating to AA+ from the top rating, AAA, based on a lack of confidence that Congress and the president will be able to shake their political gridlock and make more serious reductions in the long-term debt. The agency was dissatisfied with the deal lawmakers reached last week just in time to prevent a government default.

Obama said most of the world's investors agree that the United States remains a wise place to put their money.

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-calls-us-aaa-nation-despite-aa-rating-180828644.html

They do?  Which of the world's investors?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 02:30:59 PM »

Obama said most of the world's investors agree that the United States remains a wise place to put their money.[/i]

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-calls-us-aaa-nation-despite-aa-rating-180828644.html

Perfect.  The Dow tanked another 200 points while he was talking.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 06:52:59 AM »

Obama said most of the world's investors agree that the United States remains a wise place to put their money.[/i]

Perfect.  The Dow tanked another 200 points while he was talking.

Yup.  That's about as big a "STFU you effing liar" anybody could get!

And you know what?  That paper-printing debt-piling SOB in the WH knows it too, and I expect they'll ratchet up their attacks on their enemies (us) big time!  Proglodyte hyperdrive hyperbole coming at ya!