Author Topic: The O'BamaVoter® "Regrets And Sniffles" Thread  (Read 9761 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: The O'BamaVoter® "Regret And Sniffles" Thread
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2011, 03:03:18 PM »
Neighbor, eh? Won't have to far to go to deliver retribution then.

Probably not that, nor much of anything else either.  He'll be on his own at the fit-shan.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2011, 10:11:54 PM »
UK Telegraph Article

Mr Reid added that the president remained a formidable campaigner and fund-raiser and should not be ruled out of the fight in 2012. But he said some Democrats were feeling "buyer's remorse" for selecting the president in his epic battle with Mrs Clinton for the 2008 Democratic nomination.

"The notion everyone is talking about is 'is he Jimmy Carter or will he be a one-term president'," he said.

Gary Pearce, a Democratic strategist in North Carolina, a swing state Mr Obama is likely to struggle to retain in 2012, said: "Democrats are worried. He looks weak, he doesn't say anything that grabs you, and people are looking for some kind of magic."

'is he Jimmy Carter or will he be a one-term president'  ? ? ?

What is this? A trick question?

« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 10:14:58 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2011, 10:24:48 PM »
Teh stoopit.  It's ever'whar.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2011, 10:41:55 PM »

It will not be a fun campaign.  It may resemble the Hairy Reed campaign in Nevada.

Nobody liked Harry but he successfully framed her as more dislikeable than he.  Those he
couldn't convince of that were either scared not to vote for him or bought.

This will be a viscous and difficult campaign.  Considering Acorn and affiliates assistance it will also be a difficult election day and a difficult recount.    It's tenter hooks all the way.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2011, 10:51:56 PM »
The Crumbling Cult Of O'Bama

The romance is gone. But don't worry. It's not him; it's you.

It turns out we are the ones who failed Him. We weren't prepared for a mega-dosage of awesomeness. We were too dimwitted to grasp the decency of central planning. And the insistence of troublemakers to engage in debate and vote, in fact, is the most serious threat to this nation's future.

The sight of a crumbling Cult of Obama -- and with it the end of the progressive presidency -- has many on the left so frustrated that they simply dismiss the very idea of ideological debate. To challenge the morality and rationality of Obamanomics only means you're bought, too stupid to know any better or, most likely, both. A slack-jawed hostage-taking saboteur.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2011, 02:13:08 AM »
I voted for Obama in the primary and then again in the general election. I even left the election night party at the Pageant — a party with an open bar and filled with state legislators, union guys and other acquaintances — to go to the Chase Park Plaza, where the Obama people were celebrating. I knew almost nobody at that second party, but I was there when the networks declared that Obama was the next president. People cried and hugged. I got teary myself. A black president. The times they are a-changing.

Indeed. They keep getting worse.

LINK

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2011, 03:22:41 PM »
Maureen Dowd joins the ranks of the newly disappointed:

...why is the White House so cocky about Obama as a TV draw against quick-draw Rick Perry? As James Carville acerbically noted, given a choice between watching an Obama speech and a G.O.P. debate, “I’d watch the debate, and I’m not even a Republican.”

The White House caved, of course, and moved to Thursday, because there’s nothing the Republicans say that he won’t eagerly meet halfway.

No. 2 on David Letterman’s Top Ten List of the president’s plans for Labor Day: “Pretty much whatever the Republicans tell him he can do.”

On MSNBC, the anchors were wistfully listening to old F.D.R. speeches, wishing that this president had some of that fight. But Obama can’t turn into F.D.R. for the campaign because he aspires to the class that F.D.R. was a traitor to; and he can’t turn into Harry Truman because he lacks the common touch. He has an acquired elitism.

MSNBC’s Matt Miller offered “a public service” to journalists talking about Obama — a list of synonyms for cave: “Buckle, fold, concede, bend, defer, submit, give in, knuckle under, kowtow, surrender, yield, comply, capitulate.”

And it wasn’t exactly Morning in America when Obama sent out a mass e-mail to supporters Wednesday under the heading “Frustrated.”

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2011, 03:34:54 PM »
He forgot "implode", as in, to wind up as a little pile of empty skin, which is what I wish on him, her and all things Duh Wun connected.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2011, 10:21:48 PM »
Lots of angst, liberal angst...the best kind, about President Zero from our friends at the NYTs...

This has been the summer that liberal discontent with Obama has finally crystallized. The frustration has been simmering for a while — through centrist appointments, bank bailouts and the defeat of the public option, to name a few examples. But it has taken the debt-ceiling standoff and the threat of a double-dip recession to create a leftist critique of the president that stuck.

Obama’s image as a weakling and sellout on domestic issues now centers on his alleged resistance, from the very first days of his presidency, to do whatever was necessary to heal the economy. “The truly decisive move that broke the arc of history,” wrote the Emory professor Drew Westen in this newspaper, “was his handling of the stimulus.” Just as the conservative repudiation of George W. Bush boiled down to “he spent too much,” the liberal repudiation of Obama has settled on “he didn’t spend enough.”

It's pretty bad when the NYTs talks about "magical thinking" by the left. But that's exactly what happens in the very next paragraph of the article.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2011, 10:36:05 PM »
This one is too precious not to post. The title alone is justice in and of itself:

Department of I'm An Idiot: Solar Company Goes Bust

You see, it was only a month and a few days ago that this Time Mag reporter was ridiculing Republicans for wondering how you can sell something for $2 that costs $6 to make. Maybe he will learn something from this fiasco and start doing his job, reporting, instead of regurgitating WH talking points. Sucks being a liberal stooge.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2011, 01:23:44 AM »
No. 2 on David Letterman’s Top Ten List of the president’s plans for Labor Day: “Pretty much whatever the Republicans tell him he can do.”

How cute.  Letterman's brain-dead audience goes away thinking that those mean intransigent Republicans are bossing the President around.  They're probably a bunch of racists, too.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2011, 08:25:38 PM »
From Salon.com...should O'Bama be primaried?

No one, not even the president's defenders, expect his coming jobs speech to mean anything. When the president spoke during a recent market swoon, the market dropped another 100 points. Democrats may soon have to confront an uncomfortable truth, and ask whether Obama is a suitable choice at the top of the ticket in 2012. They may then have to ask themselves if there's any way they can push him off the top of the ticket.

That these questions have not yet been asked in any serious way shows how weak the Democratic Party is as a political organization. Yet this political weakness is not inevitable, it can be changed through courage and collective action by a few party insiders smart and principled enough to understand the value of a public debate, and by activists who are courageous enough to face the real legacy of the Obama years.

Obama has ruined the Democratic Party. The 2010 wipeout was an electoral catastrophe so bad you'd have to go back to 1894 to find comparable losses. From 2008 to 2010, according to Gallup, the fastest growing demographic party label was former Democrat. Obama took over the party in 2008 with 36 percent of Americans considering themselves Democrats. Within just two years, that number had dropped to 31 percent, which tied a 22-year low.

Be sure to check the comments.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2011, 08:54:11 PM »
I'm all for more gas on the bonfire, but hey, y'all knew that already!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2011, 09:00:02 PM »
I had to stop reading them.....because I was laughing to the point I couldn't breathe.

No wonder the libs are in disarray. All those personalitiy cultists, looking for thier piece of appeasment, then faced with abject failure.....Thier heads are exploding.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2011, 09:05:46 PM »
Great find Trap  :D

I have several friends (and family members) who don't quite believe me when I claim that the dhimmi's are in every bit as much disarray as we are. I sent this piece off to them not so much to convince them as to cheer them up  ;D

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2011, 09:36:28 PM »
It is so thoroughly hilarious watching them rationalize that Obama's plummeting popularity and the ass-kicking they received last November are because, doggone it, he just hasn't been left-wing enough!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2011, 12:50:31 AM »
From Salon.com...should O'Bama be primaried?

Be sure to check the comments.

"Can you imagine what even four years of President Perry or Bachmann would leave this country looking like?" -- Alan Lloyd

Hmm. A White House that embraces every chance to snub liberals while taking its policy cues from Tea Party Republicans? A White House that loves Wall Street and hates Main Street? A president who embraces endless wars abroad while attacking the New Deal at home? A commander in chief who claims the authority to surveil, arrest, imprison, and assassinate us upon mere suspicion?

Yeah, I can "imagine" that. Just walk over to the nearest window and look outside.

::hysterical::
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Re: The O'BamaVoter® "Regrets And Sniffles" Thread
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2011, 01:18:50 AM »
And if you thought that was funny (and it was) then check this idiot out:

Obama's incompetence...

...and his sheer mendacity have been cited here often enough. I have no use for this worthless coward and to hear any number of Obamapologists whining and wheezing about how bad the Republicans are is simply laughable.

If Republicans are so bad why is Obama placating them at every turn ? capitulating to them at every opportunity ? Why did Obama fail to come out swinging the day after his inaugural and pin the blame on exactly who drove the economy over the cliff, which he inherited, and where and how it was robbed ?

Why all this bending over and grabbing of his ankles when Mitch McConnell shouts, "Boo!" ? why sellout promise after promise, doublecrossing a once enthusiastic base and volunteer pool ? why piss all over his own supporters and then sit around blaming them while scratching his ass over how he had his clock cleaned in the midterms by the very teabaggers he all but invented ?

Obama owns his miserable presidency and he owns the fact that he has on his hands an extraordinary problem. I sense from folks like teresa and g50 that there is now a whiff of concern in the once solid edifice of support for Obama. As well there should be: on the one hand this fool could yet snatch defeat from the jaws of victory; on the other, he could stumble through a second term just as foolishly as he has his first. Either option is pretty sad commentary on his abilities, which are pretty pathetic to say the least. As time rolls on toward the general this whiff of concern could develop into full blown panic over these possibilities.

I say dump this political coward. It may well result in Republican rule for 4 years but that's just about what we've had thusfar; sure, Obama is a bit right-of-center as opposed to a full blown loon. But why is he pointed that direction in the first place ? He's supposed to be a Democrat, not a DINO. If I wanted a Republican in office I would have voted for Gramps and that Wasilla hillbilly. Of course, watching Obama reverse himself on FISA told me all I needed to know about him.

Primary this f**ker, go after his support state by state; force him to defend those areas he otherwise would (as always) take for granted; nibble away at his funding wherever it is found and by whatever means possible; talk up his betrayals and his capitulations; sandbag this charlatan at every turn. Do everything possible to prevent his reelection; weaken him; erode his support in Congress and statewide by voting against anyone who supports him.

Obama deserves neither the respect nor the support of any Democrat who believes in the ideals the Party was founded on. I am a LIBERAL Democrat and I'm proud of the tradition that Democrats once brought to the political scene. It's a shame that so many so-called Democrats are now lily-livered wimps who shy from the good fight. The patty cake which Obama has been playing with the Republicans and Wall Street--among others--can not be rewarded with support or votes.

Ditch this coward, now, before he demolishes the Democratic Party. Because if you don't, that's exactly what's in store.

—Sheri Lynn

Come on, Sheri Lynn, tell us what you really think of the Bamster. "LIBERAL Democrats" are so polite and intelligent. She voted for him, too. If she hadn't she would have boasted about it.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2011, 01:22:51 AM »
Marxist policy implemented through tyranny by regulatory fiat isn't good enough for these true believers.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2011, 02:02:03 AM »
DailyKos readers/commenters are mostly in favor of a primary challenge. Here is one example.