Author Topic: Tampering With Success  (Read 1631 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Tampering With Success
« on: August 08, 2011, 10:57:41 AM »
NYT article tempting fate...

The National Security Strategy of 2002, signed by President George W. Bush one year after the Sept. 11 attacks, stated that “traditional concepts of deterrence will not work against a terrorist enemy whose avowed tactics are wanton destruction and the targeting of innocents.”

But as the Obama administration prepared for the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, the White House and the Pentagon announced they were adapting the principles of deterrence, in The National Military Strategy of the United States of America of 2011.

The 9/11 anniversary approaches...
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Tampering With Success
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 11:19:18 AM »
"At first glance, adapting cold war deterrence to the campaign against terrorism would seem unlikely if not impossible."

And then they proceed to try to convince us deterrence is possible?

Really?  Deterrence?  Of batsh*t-crazy death-worshipping Jihadist trash?

Good luck with that.

Interesting how on page 7 of the 2011 NMS the Pentagon is still using Imperialist terms like "disrupt, dismantle & defeat" toward al Qaida et al!

So, dismantling & defeating look to be beyond the Obamakov Jihadist strategy...yes?

Methinks somebody is talking out their butt!

http://www.jcs.mil//content/files/2011-02/020811084800_2011_NMS_-_08_FEB_2011.pdf
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 11:28:32 AM »
They have no idea what the hell they're doing.  Talking real nice, bringing them presents and making pretty promises has not succeeded in wooing them, so they're "out of bullets" here as well with the economy.

They keep making the mistake that these .... types ... can be reasoned with, can be talked to, can be appeased; they do not think like us and never will.  Rather than admit they're wrong, that their entire worldview is wrong, they'll murder us all and commit suicide.  Moral highground, you know.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 11:39:51 AM »
I am disturbed by the casual attitude toward a strategy that has clearly worked for the last decade.

Yes, it has been expensive and yes, it has been mismanaged from time to time but the results are inarguable: no successful attacks on US soil since 9/11.

But now, like with the economy, BO wants to put his own personal stamp on the GWOT.

It came out over the weekend that BO is cooperating with Hollywood to put out a OBL raid film starring BO as the hero. Movie scheduled for an October 2012 (pre-election) release. Now if I was a vengeful jihadi...what date would I plan my next big attack on?

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 11:52:56 AM »
Is that movie stuff for real Trap?  Seriously?

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 12:00:30 PM »
Is that movie stuff for real Trap?  Seriously?

You didn't hear about that? Sadly, it is true. Here is the link.

It's pretty funny when even a tool like Maureen Dowd finds this fishy:

The White House is also counting on the Kathryn Bigelow and Mark Boal big-screen version of the killing of Bin Laden to counter Obama’s growing reputation as ineffectual. The Sony film by the Oscar-winning pair who made “The Hurt Locker” will no doubt reflect the president’s cool, gutsy decision against shaky odds. Just as Obamaland was hoping, the movie is scheduled to open on Oct. 12, 2012 — perfectly timed to give a home-stretch boost to a campaign that has grown tougher.

The moviemakers are getting top-level access to the most classified mission in history from an administration that has tried to throw more people in jail for leaking classified information than the Bush administration.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 12:10:11 PM »
OMG, these fools are completely off their rocker!

I suppose it's stupid of me to ask if the RNC (the Stupid Party) has filed complaints with the FEC & nearest district court to thwart this gratuitous BS!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 07:44:15 AM »
More news on this BS movie crap!  King is looking into it.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/gop-rep-calls-for-pentagon-probe-over-cooperation-with-hollywood-movie-about-bin-laden-raid/

I hope the survivors of the fallen sue to block this Obamakov PR stunt from going into production!  And somebody needs to get a hold of the Pentagon and ask them WTF they think they're doing!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 08:29:23 AM »

Drug use in DC is higher than any other city in the US.