Topics > Radical Islam/GWOT

Tampering With Success

(1/2) > >>

trapeze:
NYT article tempting fate...

--- Quote ---The National Security Strategy of 2002, signed by President George W. Bush one year after the Sept. 11 attacks, stated that “traditional concepts of deterrence will not work against a terrorist enemy whose avowed tactics are wanton destruction and the targeting of innocents.”

But as the Obama administration prepared for the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, the White House and the Pentagon announced they were adapting the principles of deterrence, in The National Military Strategy of the United States of America of 2011.
--- End quote ---

The 9/11 anniversary approaches...

Libertas:
"At first glance, adapting cold war deterrence to the campaign against terrorism would seem unlikely if not impossible."

And then they proceed to try to convince us deterrence is possible?

Really?  Deterrence?  Of batsh*t-crazy death-worshipping Jihadist trash?

Good luck with that.

Interesting how on page 7 of the 2011 NMS the Pentagon is still using Imperialist terms like "disrupt, dismantle & defeat" toward al Qaida et al!

So, dismantling & defeating look to be beyond the Obamakov Jihadist strategy...yes?

Methinks somebody is talking out their butt!

http://www.jcs.mil//content/files/2011-02/020811084800_2011_NMS_-_08_FEB_2011.pdf

Pandora:
They have no idea what the hell they're doing.  Talking real nice, bringing them presents and making pretty promises has not succeeded in wooing them, so they're "out of bullets" here as well with the economy.

They keep making the mistake that these .... types ... can be reasoned with, can be talked to, can be appeased; they do not think like us and never will.  Rather than admit they're wrong, that their entire worldview is wrong, they'll murder us all and commit suicide.  Moral highground, you know.

trapeze:
I am disturbed by the casual attitude toward a strategy that has clearly worked for the last decade.

Yes, it has been expensive and yes, it has been mismanaged from time to time but the results are inarguable: no successful attacks on US soil since 9/11.

But now, like with the economy, BO wants to put his own personal stamp on the GWOT.

It came out over the weekend that BO is cooperating with Hollywood to put out a OBL raid film starring BO as the hero. Movie scheduled for an October 2012 (pre-election) release. Now if I was a vengeful jihadi...what date would I plan my next big attack on?

Libertas:
Is that movie stuff for real Trap?  Seriously?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version