Author Topic: Obama speaks - Dow plummets... 634 points  (Read 1689 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Obama speaks - Dow plummets... 634 points
« on: August 08, 2011, 04:20:43 PM »
Is anyone still under the illusion that this man wants the economy to improve? If he really, really did, he'd shut the f**k up, curl up in a corner in his underwear, and run out the clock on his disastrous term in office.

But we all know he won't do that. He speaks, the Dow plummets, and he high-fives the cabinet on a job well-done.

HT: gatewaypundit....

Obama Speaks – Dow Plummets 634 Points
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Obama speaks - Dow plummets... 634 points
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 04:26:05 PM »
Sixth largest point drop in history.

I'm going to the bank tomorrow - early.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 05:03:01 PM »
Mind reader.

More contrarian opinion:

Seizure of the $6 trillion in private retirement accounts is a goal of the Obama regime, and congressional hearings have been held on the topic already.

Citation Here.

It has been theorized for years that the Obama regime would use a ginned-up stock market collapse to declare the stock market "too risky" and thus seize and replace all 401(k) and IRA accounts with Treasury paper, converting them to "government guaranteed retirement annuities". This is Teresa Ghilarducci, who is the Marxist frontman on this scheme. The link above is to her website, with links to her congressional testimony.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aivQdKasKpc&feature=player_embedded#at=52

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 05:08:06 PM »

Link

A mystery investor or hedge fund reportedly made a bet of almost $1billion at odds of 10/1 last month that the U.S. would lose its AAA credit rating.

Now questions are being asked of whether the trader had inside information before placing the $850million bet in the futures market.

There are mounting rumours that investor George Soros,...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 05:37:44 PM »
Yah, Spooky Dude.  Wouldn't put a damn thing past him ....

I know all about Teresa Know-it-all and I don't want to hear her or see her; I want to punch her one real good, as, according to her, yer "average" person doesn't know nuthin' about investing, we're gullible and we're too stupid to learn, so people LIKE HER are going to "take care of us".

I HAVE HAD IT WITH ALL THESE A$$HOLES!  

They make an overt move toward 401K/IRAs, I'm going to DC even if I have to go by myself.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 10:02:35 PM »

Link

In just four days last week, President Barack Obama’s administration increased the national debt by more in inflation-adjusted dollars than the administrations of Presidents Harry Truman and Dwight D. Eisenhower increased the national debt over the entire decade of the 1950s.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 10:14:02 PM »
As an aside, only of peripheral relation to the thread, today at lunch I went to the mall. Walking around the mall observing the crowds, it was painfully obvious just how fuuuuuu**ed most people are going to be when TS well and truly HTF. The really unnerving thing is that most of these people will give up every freedom they have -- just to "make it normal again!"
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 10:41:59 PM »

I know all about Teresa Know-it-all and I don't want to hear her or see her; I want to punch her one real good, as, according to her, yer "average" person doesn't know nuthin' about investing, we're gullible and we're too stupid to learn, so people LIKE HER are going to "take care of us".

They make an overt move toward 401K/IRAs, I'm going to DC even if I have to go by myself.

You can't miss it,it's straigh north on 95.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 10:52:54 PM »

Ya know, wise a$$, I knew that.  The question is:  where you gonna be?  Hmmmm?

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 11:17:45 PM »
Is anyone still under the illusion that this man wants the economy to improve? If he really, really did, he'd shut the f**k up, curl up in a corner in his underwear, and run out the clock on his disastrous term in office.

But we all know he won't do that. He speaks, the Dow plummets, and he high-fives the cabinet on a job well-done.

HT: gatewaypundit....

Obama Speaks – Dow Plummets 634 Points

Yeah...Obama attempting to calm the markets while his minions push thru another 300+ regulations resulting in another 9 billion lost. Could obama gather a larger group of misfits??? Idiots???. Someone needs to tell him this isn't a bunch of pimply college co eds he is attempting to sway with words only.....These are business people who know a bad president when they see one.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 11:48:26 PM »

Ya know, wise a$$, I knew that.  The question is:  where you gonna be?  Hmmmm?

About 11 hours behind you.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 07:01:46 AM »
Hey, I'm a little further out, got a lot a ground and who knows what obstacles to fight through to get there!

:'(
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.