Author Topic: London's Burning  (Read 9287 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: London's Burning
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2011, 09:55:30 PM »

They are products of a culture which gives them so much unconditionally that they are let off learning how to become human beings. My dogs are better behaved and subscribe to a higher code of values than the young rioters of Tottenham, Hackney, Clapham and Birmingham.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2024284/UK-riots-2011-Liberal-dogma-spawned-generation-brutalised-youths.html#ixzz1Ugk7groA

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2011, 10:12:25 PM »
Not good, not good at all.  I'm ready to believe the rioters will be greatly encouraged and do as suggested.  It'll be their downfall.

I also believe the police will not be allowed to arm up, notwithstanding.

Then the Britts might as well pack their crap and find ships for the new land.

Well, they might as well but I'll not be welcoming them here.  If they can't keep their own country, they're Eloi and we don't need or want 'em.

They're not going anywhere because they all like the freebees. Even if they came here they wouldn't last.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2011, 11:13:30 PM »
veneer (noun)
1. A thin decorative covering of fine wood applied to coarser wood or other material.
2. An attractive appearance that covers or disguises true nature or feelings.

Take a good look at those pictures and tell me what you see. What I see is the thin veneer of civilization rubbed through. The pretense of a typical 21st century urban neighborhood uncloaked and revealing its brutish inner self. What was going through my mind as I read that article and viewed those pictures was the thought: why bother? Why would anyone risk their financial security and in some cases their very physical safety in order to lose it to human refuse like that?

Who would want to rebuild knowing that it can so easily be taken away from you and the taxes you pay to protect you are instead paid to subsidize the looters? That the social "order" you paid into for your entire life is more concerned about the fragile self-esteem of these parasites than for your miserable hide.

An apple does not unrot.

They will likely achieve a calm in Great Britain sometime in the next few weeks but we all know that it will be an artificial interlude and we know we've just seen a glimpse of what's to come. It ain't gonna be pretty.

What's more, the article is absolutely correct - in America we're only a step or two behind the rotting corpse that is Britain. Look at any major metropolitan breeding center and you'll find the same fine young savages poised to commit similar mayhem.

I wish it weren't so.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2011, 01:17:08 AM »
As seen on Instapundit:

...it's from 1940.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2011, 01:50:21 AM »
Unh hunh.  And what did they do with 'em last time, when they'd served their purpose, after 1940?  They dumped 'em in the sea, the goverment did, and the Eloi let 'em.  This time, they pay or they get nothing.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2011, 01:54:05 AM »
Unh hunh.  And what did they do with 'em last time, when they'd served their purpose, after 1940?  They dumped 'em in the sea, the goverment did, and the Eloi let 'em.  This time, they pay or they get nothing.

I knew you were going to say that.   ;D
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2011, 01:59:14 AM »
*sigh*  Prolly you did.  I'm predictably vindictive that way.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2011, 05:28:31 AM »
The guy uses the term feral children...the first time I've seen it in print, outside of my fingers doing the typing.

Properly identifying the problem, is the first step.  I wonder how long until the problem here is even reported, on a wide scale?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2011, 07:07:39 AM »
*sigh*  Prolly you did.  I'm predictably vindictive that way.

We all did.  But we all know you are not wrong either!  Poor choices often create their own just punishment, it is how most (normal)m people learn and grow.  I'm just not certain a majority of Brit's are capable of making the transition.

Speaking of transitions, to MNHawk's point...well, he knows as well as I that the answer may well be never...slaves to multi-culti/diversity/pc to the end the MFM is!  And nothing is more pc than looters, eh?  Like the MFM will attack them or their cause! (Especially if the looters are the so-called underprivileged/minority)...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2011, 01:32:21 PM »

We all did.  But we all know you are not wrong either!  Poor choices often create their own just punishment, it is how most (normal)m people learn and grow.  I'm just not certain a majority of Brit's are capable of making the transition.

Speaking of transitions, to MNHawk's point...well, he knows as well as I that the answer may well be never...slaves to multi-culti/diversity/pc to the end the MFM is!  And nothing is more pc than looters, eh?  Like the MFM will attack them or their cause! (Especially if the looters are the so-called underprivileged/minority)...

Far from attacking them or their cause, the MFM is running the "pore&starvin'/desperate/no opportunity" scam.  If I read another piece from the bleeding-heart point of view, I'll be hurling.

When I see righteous Brits banding together with whatever's at hand to defend their neighborhoods, I'll reassess. On the other hand, aluminum bats are selling there like hotcakes .........

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2011, 02:17:44 PM »

Far from attacking them or their cause, the MFM is running the "pore&starvin'/desperate/no opportunity" scam.  If I read another piece from the bleeding-heart point of view, I'll be hurling.

When I see righteous Brits banding together with whatever's at hand to defend their neighborhoods, I'll reassess. On the other hand, aluminum bats are selling there like hotcakes .........

If they let law-abiding citizens have arms (and especially be allowed to carry!), these asshats wouldn't be getting away with nowhere near as much mayhem!!!

This is a mess entirely of their own (leftist) creation, and any blood will be on their hands! 

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2011, 02:24:31 PM »

If they let law-abiding citizens have arms (and especially be allowed to carry!), these asshats wouldn't be getting away with nowhere near as much mayhem!!!

This is a mess entirely of their own (leftist) creation, and any blood will be on their hands! 

New development:  paraphrasing, the government has put the word out that reasonable self-defense is permissible if one reasonably believes life and limb is reasonably in peril, with the caveat that, of course, such decisions will need to be made quickly, so it is expected that judgement by the authorities of such actions will be made reasonably.

Got dat?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2011, 02:28:54 PM »
Uhh, yeah.

Since I am always resonable, they'll have to take my fricken word that I was convinced life & limb were in peril!

::)

What a bunch of political CYA double-speak!

They are reserving the right to prosecute at a latter date those who protect themselves once it settles down so as to appease the people who started this rioting in the first place!!!

What utter rot!

Swing away endangered Brit's, they can't prosecute all of you!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2011, 02:34:39 PM »
In addition to baseball bats, I'd suggest a run on shovels is likewise in order.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2011, 02:42:12 PM »
How about an axe?  They allowed to sell those?  I'd get an axe!

Or...

charlesoakwood

« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2011, 03:00:28 PM »

Sharpen the blade on that shovel, no exposed mid-section.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2011, 03:18:09 PM »
In addition to baseball bats, I'd suggest a run on shovels is likewise in order.

Funny I was thinking spades. ::evil::
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2011, 12:47:59 AM »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2011, 10:24:38 AM »

As the English run out of money the corporations will exit thus creating more loss of money, An indicator and part of the downward spiral.

Wonder if SONY will rebuild or move to Ireland?

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2011, 11:06:27 AM »

As the English run out of money the corporations will exit thus creating more loss of money, An indicator and part of the downward spiral.

Wonder if SONY will rebuild or move to Ireland?

I would be looking to move now that there's no building to seel Grab the insurance money and get out.
 Filippo Mazzie