Author Topic: Wisconsin??  (Read 3526 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: Wisconsin??
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2011, 11:02:45 PM »
Epic Fail? Hardly.

The founder of the Daily Kos is totally convinced that WI was a TOTAL WIN for Democrats.

Seriously. He thinks that the Democrats really got the best of the Republicans in WI.

This is what delusion looks like:

I've got to say, I expected to be torn up if we didn't get to three seats. I expected to suffer through yet another bout of electoral depression, bummed at coming up short yet again. And we did come up short!
Short of what? Short of taking the Wisconsin Senate? Sure. That would've been nice.

But let me just say, if tonight was a loss, I hope we have many more such "losses" in 2012.

I guess you can file that one under, "Be careful what you wish for."
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2011, 11:09:17 PM »
Something about denial and a river .... can't quite put m'finger on it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2011, 11:39:20 PM »
Hey, speaking of delusion...

Here is a mystery quote. See if you can guess who said this before you click on the link.

These six races were in RED districts - districts which went to McCain and Walker.

We won back 1/3 of them. I'll take that any day of the week. It says that there is a high probability that Walker and the GOP are doomed when the next round of recalls happens, and certainly at the next general election.

LINK

Delusional because the six races were not on RED districts, not all anyway.

The Alberta Darling district (which we retained) was won by O'Bama in 2008 by 52%. As noted above, of the two that the Democrats did win, "One of the seats was solidly Democratic, held by a Republican due to an apparent fluke of nature. The other was held by an alleged adulterer who had moved outside his district to live with his young mistress, and whose wife was supporting his recall."

Sucks being wrong, delusional and stupid. Can you guess who said this? Nostalgia for PLers.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2011, 11:47:52 PM »
Ewwwwwwwwww!  You made me go there -- they got a hit on account of that --- and see it was him?!?!

Arrrrgh!

He's SNAFU.  As usual!  Mr. Ther-Is-No-Such-Thing-As-Race.  His daiddeh sed so.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2011, 11:51:01 PM »
Ewwwwwwwwww!  You made me go there -- they got a hit on account of that --- and see it was him?!?!

Arrrrgh!

Hey, it's the internet, not a public restroom in San Francisco. I promise you'll be okay.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2011, 12:01:41 AM »
Ewwwwwwwwww!  You made me go there -- they got a hit on account of that --- and see it was him?!?!

Arrrrgh!

Hey, it's the internet, not a public restroom in San Francisco. I promise you'll be okay.

Nevermind you!  Worse than an SF restroom; garbage dump!  Next time, a warning!

/eww.  ick.  ::brushing off::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2011, 12:05:41 AM »
I always like how the "there is no such thing as race" crowd seems oblivious to how those imaginary social constructs show remarkable correlation to disease prevalence, and those imaginary social constructs are among the criteria used to match donor and recipient in organ transplants. It's no different than saying there is no such thing as breeds among dogs and cats, i.e. totally asinine.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2011, 12:11:07 AM »
Hey, speaking of delusion...

Here is a mystery quote. See if you can guess who said this before you click on the link.

These six races were in RED districts - districts which went to McCain and Walker.

We won back 1/3 of them. I'll take that any day of the week. It says that there is a high probability that Walker and the GOP are doomed when the next round of recalls happens, and certainly at the next general election.

LINK

Delusional because the six races were not on RED districts, not all anyway.

The Alberta Darling district (which we retained) was won by O'Bama in 2008 by 52%. As noted above, of the two that the Democrats did win, "One of the seats was solidly Democratic, held by a Republican due to an apparent fluke of nature. The other was held by an alleged adulterer who had moved outside his district to live with his young mistress, and whose wife was supporting his recall."

Sucks being wrong, delusional and stupid. Can you guess who said this? Nostalgia for PLers.

Now that was just plain mean!!No warning or anything.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2011, 07:13:08 AM »
That place does make one feel like getting de-loused, scrubbed, sanitized and showered!

::speechless::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2011, 07:42:27 AM »
Fail.

When even fat chicks will have nothing more to do with you.

::exitstageleft::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2011, 07:44:44 AM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2011, 07:49:52 AM »
 ::hysterical::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2011, 09:33:19 AM »
My daughter spent some time in WI last week.  She stopped by the dems table at the state fair. She tried to engage them in conversation for 20 minutes and couldn't get any where with them.  Their mantra seemed to be that Walker is trying to break the unions and "he's just awful".  I heard this morning over a Milwaukee station I stream that the dems want the Walker recall election to be held at the same time as the presidential election.  That made me smile. They don't realize how stupid they are.

From what I understand Alberta Darling was the big target for the dems. She's on the finance committee. They're saying that race cost more than the race for governor and that it may have been the most spent ever in the country for a state office at that level.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2011, 09:36:32 AM »
I thought this was true but couldn't find the data last night. From IBD:

Six seats were at stake Tuesday night, with the Democrats taking two. One was a reclaim of a solidly Democratic district. The other saw the defeat of a state senator who moved out of his district to be with his young mistress. The four seats the GOP held had all been carried by Barack Obama in 2008.

LINK

There's this also from the article:

Had the recall succeeded, the liberal media would've had a field day, touting the Tea Party's demise while giving the Democrats hope to hold the White House in 2012 and perhaps even retake the House of Representatives. But rather than the tsunami of 2010 receding, a second wave for 2012 seems to be building.

If true (and we all hope that it is 'cause...RINOs), then it could be a very bad year in 2012 for formerly (morbidly) obese leftists.

Let's hope so.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2011, 10:06:42 AM »
...rather than the tsunami of 2010 receding, a second wave for 2012 seems to be building.

There's also the "my congressional representatives deserve re-election" numbers and the overall congressional approval numbers both showing historical lows, the "government has the consent of the governed" numbers at 17% - being called in some circles "pre-revolutionary".

The GOP is held in contempt by the American people, and rightly so. If they benefit from the greater contempt for the Democrats, that's all well and good, but I would expect an incumbent bloodbath, on both sides.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2011, 11:26:57 AM »
As long as we get rid of our deadwood in the primaries and their idiots in the general there really isn't much more to do beyond that...peacefully anyway...

ETA - Except maybe dirty-tricks, which at this point I am not averse to...

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Speculation swirling: Will RiNO WI Sen Dale Shultz switch parties?
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2011, 11:36:52 AM »
The link at Kos makes a good point. With the balance of power as it is now - RiNO Shultz having opposed Walker at every turn - The conservative agenda that has been passed thus far would not have been possible. Shultz doesn't need to become a Democrat to thwart further conservative advances in WI.

Which means that the GOP MUST win one of the two Democrat recalls next week.

BREAKING!!! Will Wisconsin’s State Sen. Dale Schultz Become a Democrat & Shift the Balance of Power?

Kos - Wisconsin's new de facto Majority Leader: Dale Schultz
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2011, 11:52:50 AM »
Is this Schultz stuff for real or a KOS wet dream?  Is this "Mary" really a Repub or a plant?

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2011, 12:07:21 PM »
Is this Schultz stuff for real or a KOS wet dream?  Is this "Mary" really a Repub or a plant?

In 2011, Schultz was the only Senate Republican to vote against the Wisconsin Budget Repair Bill which sparked the 2011 Wisconsin protests. Several House Republicans voted against the bill as well.

According to Schultz, he had intended to offer a compromise amendment to the bill, but Walker "decoyed" him, misleading him into leaving the Senate chamber.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dale_Schultz
we need to take one of those seats.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2011, 01:22:48 PM »
I guess!