Author Topic: FDIC: Screw U  (Read 1723 times)

charlesoakwood

FDIC: Screw U
« on: August 10, 2011, 10:54:23 AM »

Fed Up

Thomas Depping, is expected to announce Wednesday that the 27-year-old bank will surrender its banking charter and sell its four branches to a nearby bank.

Mr. Depping plans to set up a new lender that will operate beyond the reach of banking regulators—and the deposit-insurance safety net.

Mr. Depping has been on a collision course with regulators since 2009, when FDIC examiners began questioning the bank's large concentration of small-business loans. Nearly all of Main Street's $175 million loan portfolio has gone to customers like dentists, owners of fast-food franchises and delivery-truck drivers, who use the loans to purchase equipment. The bank's average loan size is $100,000 to customers who have less than $1 million in annual revenue, Mr. Depping says.

Mr. Depping says that Main Street's focus on small-business lending has sheltered the bank from much of the devastation that has swept the industry, including 385 bank failures since the start of 2008.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: FDIC: Screw U
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 11:03:50 AM »
Bravo!  Good for him!

I want to see more of this!

I'm so sick of endless parades of CEO's groveling to bureaucrats and dropping to bended knee before proglodyte pol's!

This is long overdue and refreshing as all get up!

::clapping::

::beavisbutthead::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 11:07:15 AM »
Regulators came under fire in the financial crisis for lax oversight that allowed financial institutions to dole out too much credit to unworthy borrowers.
Regulators defend their efforts, saying that intensive oversight is needed to prevent banks from taking too much risk and repeating the behavior that got the industry in trouble.

Uhhhh....WTF? Might they be referring to the toxic risk that the government required them to take?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 11:14:11 AM »
Regulators came under fire in the financial crisis for lax oversight that allowed financial institutions to dole out too much credit to unworthy borrowers.
Regulators defend their efforts, saying that intensive oversight is needed to prevent banks from taking too much risk and repeating the behavior that got the industry in trouble.

Uhhhh....WTF? Might they be referring to the toxic risk that the government required them to take?

Yup.

If I were King-for-a-Day I'd repeal CRA and everything that followed it, dissolve F/F and like enterpises and get constitutional bans against any attempts to recreate this beast in any shape or form!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 11:34:15 AM »
It's just so typical of the statists: impose a framework of onerous and ridiculous regulations that lead to disaster, then blame the businesses for causing the disaster. It's a cornerstone of their game plan, and ObamaCare is really just a  giant example of a new one being unleashed on the healthcare industry.

I'm really just sick and tired of these bureaucrats being able to have their cake and eat it too, with a compliant media that never calls them on it.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 11:41:00 AM »
When the fit hits the shan bureaucrats will be like those little duckies at the county fair shootin' gallery!

Ooh!  There's another one!

(plink!)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 11:42:49 AM »
I believe we had a thread on this at some point.....Opening up "banks" using private investment, insurance, etc as backing. Getting rid of the regulators.

I hope and pray this happens in my neck of the woods...I'll be there in a heartbeat.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 02:44:35 PM »
It's just so typical of the statists: impose a framework of onerous and ridiculous regulations that lead to disaster, then blame the businesses for causing the disaster. It's a cornerstone of their game plan, and ObamaCare is really just a  giant example of a new one being unleashed on the healthcare industry.

I'm really just sick and tired of these bureaucrats being able to have their cake and eat it too, with a compliant media that never calls them on it.

I know it!  The effrontery is mind-boggling.

I'd run, not walk, to any bank set up in the way this man intends.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 06:26:00 PM »
We can't have this upstart doing the right thing can we. ::evil::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 07:02:47 AM »
No we can't JF, we in fact need lots more upstarts doing the right thing, we need lots more!

::thumbsup::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 11:00:06 AM »

He's on Fox Business saying he does business nationally.